LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adventures In Diapering

A bit of background, my partner and I live on an 800 acre farm in Kansas. We are miles out on gravel roads and our nearest neighbor is just over a mile away. There is very little traffic on our road and our house sits probably 50 yards back from the road but it's very open without trees in front.

Today my partner was working on our 2 used mountain bikes we just got. She replaced the tubes and tires on both bikes, adjusted the brakes, seats and handlebars also. The last thing to be done required both of us because she wanted to clean and lubricate the chains and gears. We did that out in the driveway out in front of the house so the lube wouldn't drip on the floors. After doing that she decided she wanted the handlebars on her bike higher, she had adjusted mine but not hers. The parts were difficult to loosen but we finally got it so they would move and then I tightened them up. She got on the bike to try it out as I walked away to pick up the tools and I heard a crash. She went over and was lying on the grass. It seems I tightened it so much that the bars and front wheel wouldn't steer. Going down so hard that she sprained her ankle and bruised her knee pretty bad. I brought a lawn chair over and eventually we got her sitting in the chair while her ankle started swelling. That's when she told me she had to pee. She was really in pain and couldn't walk so she asked me to get her a diaper out of her drawer. I got her the diaper and she stood up on her good leg and dropped her slacks she was wearing to her ankles and we opened the diaper up. She held both sides of the back while I pulled the front through her legs and we got her diapered right there in the yard in plain view of the road. No sooner had we got her slacks pulled back up a truck came down the road and drove by. We had a good laugh thinking about how awkward it would have been if the truck had been 2 minutes sooner.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Thanks @ValentinesStuff she has called the doctor and we're heading in for x-rays and the doctor this morning. We're hoping they can give her something like a boot so she can walk if it's not broken. The good thing is she's enjoying diaper time and nurse Freta's TLC and diaper changes.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Thanks @ValentinesStuff she has called the doctor and we're heading in for x-rays and the doctor this morning. We're hoping they can give her something like a boot so she can walk if it's not broken. The good thing is she's enjoying diaper time and nurse Freta's TLC and diaper changes.

Hugs,

Freta

I have far too much experience with that.  Ibuprofen is a must, and remember R-I-C-E  (Rest, ice, compression, and elevate).   Hopefully it's not broken, and enjoy the diaper time.

• Thanks 1

She has a slight fracture in her heel and a fairly bad sprain of the ankle. The doctor said to put some cold water in a pail or bucket and add some ice cubes and soak her foot and ankle twice a day. He said the first two or three minutes would be painful but then the foot would go numb. She has to keep it in the ice bath from 7 to 15 minutes but that she should try for 10. We got her some crutches but the doctor said to try to walk on it but use the crutches to take some of the weight off her ankle. She also has to exercise it 3 times a day by drawing the alphabet from A to Z with her foot. Evidently it will help her ankle stay Kimber while preventing muscle atrophy.

Hugs,

Freta

• Sad 1
On 3/14/2022 at 9:01 PM, FretaBWet said:

She has a slight fracture in her heel and a fairly bad sprain of the ankle. The doctor said to put some cold water in a pail or bucket and add some ice cubes and soak her foot and ankle twice a day. He said the first two or three minutes would be painful but then the foot would go numb. She has to keep it in the ice bath from 7 to 15 minutes but that she should try for 10. We got her some crutches but the doctor said to try to walk on it but use the crutches to take some of the weight off her ankle. She also has to exercise it 3 times a day by drawing the alphabet from A to Z with her foot. Evidently it will help her ankle stay Kimber while preventing muscle atrophy.

Hugs,

Freta

There is a reason that my SIL (an MD) made me go to after I had hurt my knee slipping on ice.  I was determined to tough it, but I physically couldn't walk and she said "No, we're going to the urgent care."    It turned out I had a partial ACL tear (to match up full ACL repair 30 years earlier).    

Bone breaks are usually repairable, but assuming your partner is a similar age to your profile- injuries take their sweet time to heal/   I hope she is still enjoying her diapertime.

Actually, we're not even close in age lol. I'm 68 and she's 31. She is carrying more weight then she should be which is a factor though. She is following the doctor's instructions and it's already started getting better.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Actually, we're not even close in age lol. I'm 68 and she's 31. She is carrying more weight then she should be which is a factor though. She is following the doctor's instructions and it's already started getting better.

Hugs,

Freta

I remember being 31.  Falling/tripping, or any of that is best left for the young.

• 2 weeks later...