LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Therapist

Ipmapants

Has anyone ever mentioned their diaper wearing to a therapist? Trying to find out why? Or how to get over the shame?? I am currently trying that I’ll report back how it goes but I was curious if anyone had an experience with this

• Like 1

I never told my therapist. But as far as getting past the shame, I would say figure out what specifically it is about being a ABDL that's shameful about it. Once you've finished that, try to change your perspective on that. Whatever that may be. Talking to someone is a good idea, even if it's not a therapist. Good luck buddy!????♥️❤️☺️???♥️?

• Like 1

I went to a therapist specifically to work on me being an abdl 5 years ago. I was deeply ashamed when I told her but I’m glad I did. She helped me to work through it. I am no longer ashamed that I am into this and I was able to find a wife who accepts me for it. 

It’s very hard to open up but if you find a therapist you can trust then it’s very rewarding. I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Only once, and under duress. When I was a younger teenager without a job or money or means of getting anywhere, the only way to get diapers and baby wipes was to steal them. Well, I got caught taking them out of a minivan one afternoon. The police showed up. No charges were pressed fortunately, but my mother plopped me in the car and took me to the therapist the next day, one I had seen for a while, to get a better idea of what was going on. I told my mom I'd only tell the therapist why I did it if she left the room and she did. I told my therapist all about these weird thoughts I had about wanting to be a baby again and how i like diaper things and I must be the weirdest person he's ever talked to after spilling my guts.

My therapist told me not only was I not weird, I wasn't alone. He wouldn't elaborate beyond that, but it did inspire me to look online and that's how I found out that ABDL was a thing - well, not only a thing, but a community.

I realize this is not how every "therapist reveal" session goes, but this one had a happy ending. And the therapist didn't tell my mother I was an adult baby in the making thank goodness, only that we had gone over some "practices and suggestions" to make sure I didn't feel the urge to do something like this again. That was the last time I ever stole something, and once I got a job and access to a car, the urge to do it disappeared for good :) 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, minachan16 said:

Only once, and under duress. When I was a younger teenager without a job or money or means of getting anywhere, the only way to get diapers and baby wipes was to steal them. Well, I got caught taking them out of a minivan one afternoon. The police showed up. No charges were pressed fortunately, but my mother plopped me in the car and took me to the therapist the next day, one I had seen for a while, to get a better idea of what was going on. I told my mom I'd only tell the therapist why I did it if she left the room and she did. I told my therapist all about these weird thoughts I had about wanting to be a baby again and how i like diaper things and I must be the weirdest person he's ever talked to after spilling my guts.

My therapist told me not only was I not weird, I wasn't alone. He wouldn't elaborate beyond that, but it did inspire me to look online and that's how I found out that ABDL was a thing - well, not only a thing, but a community.

I realize this is not how every "therapist reveal" session goes, but this one had a happy ending. And the therapist didn't tell my mother I was an adult baby in the making thank goodness, only that we had gone over some "practices and suggestions" to make sure I didn't feel the urge to do something like this again. That was the last time I ever stole something, and once I got a job and access to a car, the urge to do it disappeared for good :) 

@minachan16

Holy baby powder! This story ring so true with me as well! It’s uncanny: same thing happened to me, except that I didn’t steal any diapers or any other things. When I was about 35, I had the same things going on in my life as well. I had these funny feelings, feelings that were kind of crazy, and I was going through a lot at that time. I decided to go to a therapist myself, and I basically let her know all the things that were causing me problems in my life. At one point, I asked her the same question that your therapist did, and the answer was shocking. She also told me the same thing that your therapist told you: that I’m not strange weird or crazy, and that this is pretty common. I don’t know how this happened to me, but this is how I realized that I have been having these feelings about wanting to wear diapers, or warning to feel young again, and I still have these feelings today.

You may not know this Mina, but I have been lurking here for at least 25 years, and in 2019, when I started having problems with incontinence an accidents and IBS, I knew exactly Where I could get the help that I needed, and the support that I so desperately was searching for, and you guessed it I found it: right here! Throughout the last three years I have made extreme strides, and I understand why I feel the way I do, and I also understand that it is “ normal“ to feel the way I do, and that there are people that enjoy diapers, and have to use them every day, for more than just incontinence.  It’s kind of strange, but the feelings that I have feel normal as well, because well it’s a part of me: it’s something that’s always been there, and it’s always been something that I’ve had to suppress because I didn’t understand what the hell I was feeling or why the hell I was feeling the way I did. I knew that this was the place I needed to be, and also knew that this was a “safe place to be“ because I know that the people here take real good care of their user base, and they keep the “crazies” and the “bad people“ out of here: when I use this reference I mean the people that would end up being detrimental to our user base, or people that would cause trouble here and make this a place that would not feel as safe as it is.  @DailyDiand his crew are to be commended, because this remains a safe place to be, and it’s all because there are good people that take care of us. I’ve always told people when they come in, “Remember, this is Mikey‘s playpen, and if you behave he will let you continue to play here and enjoy yourself: screwup, and he may give you a warning, and if you’re really out of sorts and a troublemaker, then he may lower the ban hammer on you, so behave and you won’t have a problem, otherwise you will see what happens when you get punished and you get banned“

Like you, I have spent  hours here, reading information, absorbing information, asking questions, getting answers, and wondering why it took me so long to realize what I should’ve realized 20 years ago. Unfortunately, sometimes things that you think I should take a real short time to realize take the longest time. Sometimes it takes something, like a trigger, actually help you understand what is going on. It would be like me flipping a light switch on and off. When I was 25, I felt one way, and my switch was in one position: now that I am almost 50, my switch is in the other position, and I understand more now than I did when I was 25, which is to be expected because I’ve been here and have dealt with a lot of interesting situations, and a lot of personal triumphs and tragedies, but regardless of what happens, I am who I am, I am what I am, and I can’t change what I am. Sometimes bad things have to happen to you, before you can get to the point that you understand what is going on. You know exactly how you felt when you had a meeting with that therapist, and you were able to convey to him the way you felt, and the way he dealt with it is top notch: he did not disclose to your mom exactly what you talked about, but told her that you and him had some “ways to deal with it“ perfect response!

I have to admit sometimes I have the feelings: by that I mean I am a DL, and I am incontinent, and I enjoy parts of the lifestyle that make it special. However, they may be certain times when I feel that I embrace the AB side a little bit – not sure why this is, but I know there is one thing that happened in my life that cemented it:  I guess that would be that the fact that my brother who is disabled and nonverbal, wore diapers from the time he was born until he died at 10 years old. I always had my parents around us, and we were well taken care of, and I was told that it was very helpful to my mom if I was able to help her with my brother. By “help her“ I assume that it would be that I would tell her if I found something funny going on, or if he needed something. Being nonverbal, we had to rely on the “Noises“ that he makes, and depending on what kind of noise he would make, we would be able to tell if there was something wrong.

even to this day, I miss my brother, and I still love him dearly: maybe it is because in some situations, it was hard for me to be able to even speak his name in certain situations because people thought he was gone, and that was the end of that. My dad always I had a picture of him hanging somewhere in his House. When he got married again, the picture of my brother was removed from the wall, and my other brothers pictures were placed in their positions. My dad finally divorced 17 years later, one of the things that I noticed it was changed in his living situation, was that my brother Richard was actually placed on the wall, next to me. There is one picture of him and I always will remember, because we were together, we were dressed alike, and I always remember that picture, because that was one picture that always is in my head: regardless of where he is now in the heavens, I always remember him as a guy that taught me a lot more than I thought he did. When you know that you have a brother that is nonverbal and non-mobile, and disabled, you take extra steps to make sure that he is comfortable, and that he is well taken care of. There were times that I would play with him and I would relish that time, and he always made me smile.  when I told my therapist some of this information, when I was in a “funk“ I told her of my love of diapers as well, and she told me basically the same thing that your therapist told you. We are both “normal“ and there’s nothing that changes that.

I guess there are times in life where things happen to you. There are special people that come into your life, and they become a part of you for a short time, or maybe for a long time, and then they leave your life or you don’t see them for a long time. These type of people are people who help you in many ways, and sometimes you see them a lot, sometimes you see them a little, and sometimes you don’t see them again. These are people that you relish, because they help you understand things that you don’t really understand. I knew Of my feelings years ago, but I was unable to tell anyone anything because I didn’t understand what the hell was going on. When I came here in 2019, I was able to articulate how I felt to certain individuals here, and they assured me that it was OK to feel the way that I felt, and it was OK to do what I do, and it was OK to enjoy the feelings that I was experiencing.  Those individuals, I think them because it made me feel like they took a puzzle piece that was missing from my framework and put it in position and help me understand those things that make me “tick”

it’s funny how some stories are reminiscent of others experiences. You hit the nail on the head Mina, and this story is exactly how I felt when I disclose that to my therapist. I am glad that our therapists were able to help us understand what was going on, without telling others information that they don’t need to know. The ironic thing is that I was over 18, I saw that was not an issue, but at least I knew that I was OK, that the feelings that I was experiencing are part of who I am, so there’s no reason to try to fight what I am dealing with, or to try to hide who or what I am. I am a disabled, incontinent, diaper loving individual, that loves life and wants to live his life to the fullest possible. I can’t deny what I am or who I am, or why I feel the way I feel, I just know it’s there: the only thing that was harder than trying to tell someone about it, why is the fact that I didn’t understand why I felt that way, or why I was feeling like I was doing something wrong. Now I know, that it is not wrong to feel the way I do or do what I do, and it’s the most important thing that I feel: I want to live the best life possible, help the most people, and have the best chance of enriching others lives, like I always do.

Thank you for posting this: I guess you and I have a lot in common, and that’s cool: without good people to be able to confide in, I guess we would be mixed up for a long time, and it would be like having a puzzle where you’re trying to put it together, and you have all the pieces, but you don’t know where they go, or you can’t figure it out for a long time, and then all the sudden you’re able to pick up a piece and put it in the puzzle.

*****HUGS******

Brian

• Like 1