LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boosters

DipGuy365

Hi All,

Ive never used boosters before but am thinking of getting some.
Wondering how much they actually work in terms of extending the capacity and 'range' of a diaper?

Ive read stories on blogs of people using a medium to high capacity diaper with 3 or 4 boosters in it to go a full 24 hours. Does anyone have any experience with multiple boosters? 
And if so, how would you position them in the diaper to get maximum effectiveness out of all of them?

• Like 1

Based on my experience you will have better effectiveness using one large booster pad. The risk with using multiple boosters is that you will overwhelm the leak guards in the diaper causing a premature leak. A good practice is to "break in" the booster so it matches the curve and shape of the diaper making it much more comfortable. As far as placement, I recommend putting the front of the booster about where your male anatomy touches the diaper. This will help move more liquid to the back of the diaper.

• Like 1

I like to use baby diapers for boosters.  I use Huggies Little Movers Plus that I get at Costco.  I like the Huggies because they have little pieces of Velcro on the front of the diapers.  I use a size 5 in the back and a size 4 in the front.  I place the size 5 and use the tabs to stick to my ATN in the back and the Velcro attaches to the ATN leakguards.  Then I place the size 4 in the front, backwards, use the baby diaper tabs to attach to the front of my ATN and the Velcro to the leakguards, overlapping the baby diapers in the center for added absorption.  

Because I pee frequently and in small amounts I use two of these diaper combos per day at a cost of well less than $3 total.  I also always wear plastic pants and this combo works well for me.

I use 2 diapers I cut the outer layer on the first one fit it nice and then fit the second one over it double leak guard and the thick diaper I like and I always top it with plastic pants. Somehow my diaper is not complete without the plastic pants. 

I'm currently evaluating use of cloth boosters within my disposables (either BetterDry or Rearz InControl Elite Hybrid or Tykables 7000ml).  I started with a single folded 60cm x 60cm terry cloth flat nappy folded into a pad, and inserted.  Then later have experimented wrapping the terry nappy inside a 70cm x 70cm flannel flat nappy, again folded into a long pad.  This combo is glorious and thick and absorbent.  Luxurious even.  I've found that the booster will cause wicking to the front and back a bit more effectively than normal.  

At present, I'm trying bamboo inserts, which hold more than a standard cloth nappy.  Two bamboo inserts wrapped in the 70cm sq flannel nappy to form a long pad, with some overlap right where I need it most (a girl pees down), and this is one very thick combo...

15 hours ago, dlinmsp said:

I like to use baby diapers for boosters.  I use Huggies Little Movers Plus that I get at Costco.  I like the Huggies because they have little pieces of Velcro on the front of the diapers.  I use a size 5 in the back and a size 4 in the front.  I place the size 5 and use the tabs to stick to my ATN in the back and the Velcro attaches to the ATN leakguards.  Then I place the size 4 in the front, backwards, use the baby diaper tabs to attach to the front of my ATN and the Velcro to the leakguards, overlapping the baby diapers in the center for added absorption.  

Because I pee frequently and in small amounts I use two of these diaper combos per day at a cost of well less than $3 total.  I also always wear plastic pants and this combo works well for me.

I frequently do the same thing but I use 2 size 6 little movers as I tend to pee a lot.