LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cool Cloth Nappies! UK

Something came up on my facebook page today, an advert for The Continence People, a UK shop I hadn't heard of before (mind you, it sounds so similar to other sellers so its a bit confusing).  What caught my eye was that they have various dark grey cloth (ie washable) nappies and the colour looks really cool and different, I've seen nothing like it before

https://thecontinencepeople.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

• Like 1

Those look interesting, & I'll probably buy one to road test.  The supplier is a new one to me too, so I may hang on a while though.  If you go for it please post what you think of them.  I normally wear Dotty Diapers washables during the day, which I find pretty good.  If you go for those instead, don't buy the blue ones, as the colour runs like Usain Bolt.  I stick to white, but even these go a bit blue usually as there's usually some blue material in the stuffing.  Good nappies though.

• tibsy changed the title to Cool Cloth Nappies! UK

Despite posting that I was going to wait before trying these new nappies I couldn't resist & I went ahead and bought one.  I've worn it a couple of time now, so I can give a bit of feedback.  To set the stage, I normally wear Dotty Diaper cloth nappies during the day, with an additional cloth soaker.  I usually need two to get me through the day.  My nighttime nappies are different - a terry square with an additional soaker.  I have used Snuggleblanks nappies extensively in the past as well.

My first impressions of these Continence People nappies are:

1.  They're made well

2.  The supplier delivers promptly

3.  The soakers are awkward to insert into the pocket - it takes a fair bit of time and effort to get them properly in place and flat.  And you have to get them in the pocket as if you just lay them on the top of the nappy cover you are putting them over the leak guards, which isn't really a good idea.  You get one soaker included when you buy a nappy, but you can buy more.

4.  They fit well.  For me they're comfortable.  They are a bit bulgier than the Dotty Diaper  and Snuggleblanks nappies, probably due to the shape of the soakers.

5.  They don't leak.  But then neither do the DD or Snuggleblanks nappies.  I'm pretty sure that a CP nappy with 2 soakers will hold about as much as a DD nappy with 1 soaker, which is probably a fair comparison, and how I will wear them.

6.  They aren't particularly quick to dry, compared with the DD nappies, despite the DD nappy having plenty of padding.  This is because they are partly cotton, whereas the DD nappy is artificial fibre.  The drying time seems about the same.

7.  Obviously none of us yet know how long they will last, but they will have to be very good to last as well as the DD nappies, and since the CP nappies are partly cotton my bet is that they won't outlast DD nappies.  I've worn and washed some of my DD nappies around 250 times, and they are still going strong and looking like they're good for at least another 250.  We've had to replace the velcro occasionally, but that will be the same for all these nappies.  The DD nappies definitely outlast Snuggleblanks nappies, as the latter's cotton fabric breaks down eventually and turns to rags.  (Not for a long time though - they're well-made.)

So, will I be buying more CP nappies?  Probably not.  Firstly they cost £49.99 (medium) compared to £34.99 for a Dotty Diaper nappy, and I can't see they've got any advantages,  for me anyway.  Secondly it's a pain to insert the soakers.  With a DD nappy I can  just put a soaker on top of the nappy - a second and it's done - as there aren't any leak guards to get in the way.  Incidentally my soakers are old Snuggleblanks soakers, which are showing their age but have lasted well.

Lastly I'll repeat an earlier warning about dealing with Snuggleblanks.  They have a history of taking months to deliver and being very difficult to contact (not just for me).  My last order was never fulfilled at all, and I didn't get my money back.  That was some time ago, but I'd suggest a thorough check on social media before placing an order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1