LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm really struggling with my health situation right now. I feel like my Ortho basically said "Yeah, your back is fucked." and left me without a road to go down. Sure I can crash diet and maybe feel a little better in a year or two, but putting any weight on bad discs is going to be miserable. So what do I do? Do I give in and say I am disabled? Get a wheelchair so I can get around the grocery store without crying in pain? Never go to a concert again? What do I do?

• Sad 2

Damn Mikey! My heart goes out to you buddy.???❤️ I would just get a wheelchair. I know it's not ideal but your back can only take so much. And you DEFINITELY don't wanna put it in anymore pain then it's already in. Nobody likes being in a wheelchair, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.????

• Like 2

@DailyDi I likewise have a bad back--herniated L3 and L4--as well as degenerative disc disease.  When the herniation flares up and presses on the nerve roots the pain is simply beyond description.  That said, it sounds as if you are in a completely different league of "discomfort."  If you are over-weight, then by all means take steps to lose excess weight.  Every pound lost, and kept off, will likely help you even if that help is only incremental.  Is night-time traction a possibility (depending on the nature of your disease)?  How about bracing?

As I recall from reading other of your posts you are either uninsured, or your insurance is poor.  Does your ortho know this?  Does he even have an idea of what prescribed drugs or procedures cost?  If not, tell him and ask for alternatives.  My primary care doc was stunned when I told him that the blood work ordered at my annual wellness appointment cost in excess of $800 to an uninsured person.  Thankfully, I have insurance (and I know the insurance company pays cents on the dollar, whereas an uninsured individual could get hit with the full invoice from the lab.)

No one should have to live in horrible pain simply due to a lack of adequate resources.  Call the ortho's office and say exactly what you said in your original post.  Also, even in Birmingham, there should be patient advocates that will work gratis or at a nominal fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1