LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catholic Moral Theology and ABDL

*EDITS* at bottom, marked and numbered*

Does anyone here know how this lifestyle is categorized in terms of Catholic moral theology? Right now I am seriously struggling with this. I could do the research and honestly need to but, am scared to know the answer because I have the gut feeling that I won’t like it a whole lot. 
I should also note that I am of the more traditional notion as a recent convert and just recently found a relatively close TLM offering that I am planning to attend regularly. 
I would like to go to a priest and get some guidance on this subject but, honestly I don’t have the nerve and am embarrassed about discussing this lifestyle with most people who are not already initiated into it.

I hope this makes sense and I apologize, I just needed to put my thoughts to proverbial paper and get some different opinions. Perhaps someone else here has done the work and is willing to help another brother out. 
Momento Mori 

*Edit #1*: Just recently thought about Gnosticism and this lifestyle, specifically the idea that gnostics challenged the value of the body. The basic argument I can come up with in this regard is:

1. The body is good.

2. We are our bodies.

3. The AB/DL lifestyle conflicts with the body.

4. Therefore, the AB/DL lifestyle is disordered. 
Now, I don’t know for sure if this argument actually holds up. The question that comes to mind is what type of “change” does the AB/DL lifestyle ask of the body? Certain changes are generally not problematic, like hair color, nail color, haircut, and clothing style. Changing one’s gender on the other hand is generally seen as problematic. 
The important question here is, “Is age an “unalterable” characteristic of the human person?” This question can be better refined but I think it paints the broad brush of my thoughts right now. I don’t think the argument works at the end of the day, but I need to think about and refine the reason why. This thought hit my mind and I thought I would share and see what feedback it might bring. 

*EDIT 2* Why don’t I quit cold turkey? I have tried a few times and have failed each time. I would say it is the binge-purge cycle that others have talked about. I don’t want to live in the extreme ends of that cycle. My goal is to learn to live with this part of me and live in harmony with it. This lifestyle is not completely bad, false, and ugly, I just needs to tease out what things are good, true, and beautiful so I can trash the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

It really depends on your congregation.  Some are more accepting than others and you'd honestly be the best person to decide if your people have a reasonable level of acceptance.  If not, it's probably time to find people that do. 

However, for full disclosure I should note that I have had a number of bad experiences with Christian affiliated groups and don't intend to be part of any such group in the future.  It's possible your experience may be different, and please keep in mind that faith/spirituality unique to each person and no one (including me) can define it for you.

Maybe you can discuss this with a priest, explain and ask your questions, and advice. If you don’t want fast to face, I believe there are on line options, and ways to connect them. I just looked up quickly, and found this, https://wdtprs.com/ 

But, you could do your own searches, to find similar to help, if that doesn’t look like a good site. 
Good luck!

• 3 months later...

i think denominations are a devider, have you considered a nondenominational church? personally i like the shepherds chapel, its just the bible, taught chapter by chapter and verse by verse, no politics of this denomination or another, right down to the rubber meeting the road, you can get it on youtube, and might be in your area on tv, perhaps that might serve your spiritual needs better. the main thing isnt if you should be a catholic, or prodestant or this or that or whatever, if you feel lead to be a catholic, then be it, i dont want to tell someone to go against what the Lord wants of them, just get to know and love Jesus, that is the main thing, no man gets to the Father but through the Son. as for your interest in diapers, are they interferring with your ability to worship Him? or your ability to serve Him? if not then i wouldnt worry about it, He knows you, and He knows why you have that interest, He wants you to talk to Him, you dont need someone going between you and Him, just send Him a kneemail(pray), and He will tell you in His own way what is right right you. He loves you.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:00 AM, feralfreak said:

i think denominations are a devider, have you considered a nondenominational church? personally i like the shepherds chapel, its just the bible, taught chapter by chapter and verse by verse, no politics of this denomination or another, right down to the rubber meeting the road, you can get it on youtube, and might be in your area on tv, perhaps that might serve your spiritual needs better. the main thing isnt if you should be a catholic, or prodestant or this or that or whatever, if you feel lead to be a catholic, then be it, i dont want to tell someone to go against what the Lord wants of them, just get to know and love Jesus, that is the main thing, no man gets to the Father but through the Son. as for your interest in diapers, are they interferring with your ability to worship Him? or your ability to serve Him? if not then i wouldnt worry about it, He knows you, and He knows why you have that interest, He wants you to talk to Him, you dont need someone going between you and Him, just send Him a kneemail(pray), and He will tell you in His own way what is right right you. He loves you.

Unfortunately, I am convinced of the idea that Christ established a church and the Catholic Church, under the Roman Pontiff is that church. Thus I have to figure things out with this baseline. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, CaptDia3939 said:

Unfortunately, I am convinced of the idea that Christ established a church and the Catholic Church, under the Roman Pontiff is that church. Thus I have to figure things out with this baseline. 

one problem with the catholic church, at least as i see it is they seem to pray to saints and other such things, its my understanding that we are to pray to God, in the name of Jesus, not to angels, not to saints, but God only

If one follows the religious teachings from the Bible etc., one will see how it contradicts with the teachings of organised religions. As a result, having a conversation with a preist about belief is futile. The preist will only tell you from the 'organised religions' gain and interest.

To add weight to what I am saying, have a look at Exodus 20:1-17 , specifically Exodus 20:4 and how every organised religion not only breaks this, but also hides it in their list of commandments.

You shall not make for yourself an idol or a likeness of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth

This means that all stained glass, statues, pictures etc that one finds in a building are idols... to such an extent that the very building contradicts the wishes in Exodus. The argument that has been made before is that the building is a Church. NO IT IS NOT. A Church is, where one or more gather in His name. It is not the building.

Mathew 21:12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Yet, it is ok, according to Roman Catholic Religion, for them to collect money! Most local fund raising events are run in the 'Church Hall' etc. Is the Church Hall not the temple courts. Is the flock not being convinced that if they give to their organised religion, that they will 'enter the kingdom of heaven'. As a result, are they not being sold something for money?

Organised religion, in my humble opinion, is a business to make as much money for themselves while selling 'eternal life'. The Vatican Bank is the richest bank in the world. 47% of the world population live in poverty, yet this organised religion does little other than ask everyone else to pay! During COVID, these temples to wealth were closed. It was the average person that helped out their community - where the preist etc was hidden away!

If you wish to know the answer to choice of being gay / bisexual / tg / AB etc., according to organised religion, it is forbidden yet according to the bible, you are made in His image to be firstly, true to yourself. As a result, only you can answer this.

53 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

one problem with the catholic church, at least as i see it is they seem to pray to saints and other such things, its my understanding that we are to pray to God, in the name of Jesus, not to angels, not to saints, but God only

I will assume that you truly believe this. The Catholic Church strictly forbids praying “TO” saints and other such things. What the church teaches is that one should ask the saints and other such things to pray “FOR” us. Most Christian’s are more than happy to pray for you, the saints and such are the same, just not physically present. You can find more in depth explanations online. 

28 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

If one follows the religious teachings from the Bible etc., one will see how it contradicts with the teachings of organised religions. As a result, having a conversation with a preist about belief is futile. The preist will only tell you from the 'organised religions' gain and interest.

To add weight to what I am saying, have a look at Exodus 20:1-17 , specifically Exodus 20:4 and how every organised religion not only breaks this, but also hides it in their list of commandments.

You shall not make for yourself an idol or a likeness of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth

This means that all stained glass, statues, pictures etc that one finds in a building are idols... to such an extent that the very building contradicts the wishes in Exodus. The argument that has been made before is that the building is a Church. NO IT IS NOT. A Church is, where one or more gather in His name. It is not the building.

Mathew 21:12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Yet, it is ok, according to Roman Catholic Religion, for them to collect money! Most local fund raising events are run in the 'Church Hall' etc. Is the Church Hall not the temple courts. Is the flock not being convinced that if they give to their organised religion, that they will 'enter the kingdom of heaven'. As a result, are they not being sold something for money?

Organised religion, in my humble opinion, is a business to make as much money for themselves while selling 'eternal life'. The Vatican Bank is the richest bank in the world. 47% of the world population live in poverty, yet this organised religion does little other than ask everyone else to pay! During COVID, these temples to wealth were closed. It was the average person that helped out their community - where the preist etc was hidden away!

If you wish to know the answer to choice of being gay / bisexual / tg / AB etc., according to organised religion, it is forbidden yet according to the bible, you are made in His image to be firstly, true to yourself. As a result, only you can answer this.

wow, I will hopefully remember to pray for your soul. Everything in your post is wrong. I would be happy to discuss this you some place other than here because it would take me a while to try and correct all the problems in your post.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, CaptDia3939 said:

I will assume that you truly believe this. The Catholic Church strictly forbids praying “TO” saints and other such things. What the church teaches is that one should ask the saints and other such things to pray “FOR” us. Most Christian’s are more than happy to pray for you, the saints and such are the same, just not physically present. You can find more in depth explanations online. 

its my understanding that we arent to talk to the dead, i am thinking of the lesson involving saul and the witch of endor, when he thought he was talking to a judge who died, and instead was talking to a demon

18 hours ago, CaptDia3939 said:

wow, I will hopefully remember to pray for your soul. Everything in your post is wrong. I would be happy to discuss this you some place other than here because it would take me a while to try and correct all the problems in your post.

Thank you but no thanks. This is not to say that you are right and I am wrong or visa versa. I fully believe and support that everyones religious belief is, in their mind, correct, and I am not going to get into any discusion or debate on the right or wrong of anyones specific religious belief. 

If you can't accept that the answer to your question can be found in your Bible, then nobody can help you.

6 hours ago, babykeiff said:

Thank you but no thanks. This is not to say that you are right and I am wrong or visa versa. I fully believe and support that everyones religious belief is, in their mind, correct, and I am not going to get into any discusion or debate on the right or wrong of anyones specific religious belief. 

If you can't accept that the answer to your question can be found in your Bible, then nobody can help you.

I would ask you what you think the canon of scripture is and how it came about. 
Sure people have beliefs about many things, not all of them are objectively true though. 

14 hours ago, CaptDia3939 said:

I would ask you what you think the canon of scripture is and how it came about. 
Sure people have beliefs about many things, not all of them are objectively true though. 

20 hours ago, babykeiff said:

... I am not going to get into any discusion or debate on the right or wrong of anyones specific religious belief.

... ok you are correct, or not. As I said, I am not going to discuss it.