LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Never thought I’d say this, but earlier today I was kinda tired of being incontinent.

Let’s be clear up front: I don’t regret my decision to lose bladder control. I have no desire to retrain, even if I could.  This isn’t even a be careful what you wish for thread.  

That said, I cannot overstate the obvious, which is incontinence never stops.  Ever. Even when it’s not fun or convenient, incontinence is still there and needs to be dealt with accordingly.  

I had this brief moment earlier today where I was getting ready to start a labor intensive chore and I had to decide  if I should change before starting and if so which diaper to change into.  This required me to estimate how long the project would take, if I planned to shower afterwards, the status of my diaper, how hydrated I was, my inventory, etc.  And I don’t know if it was the dread of starting the project, but as I considered my options, all I could think was this wouldn’t be an issue if I had normal bladder control. It would’ve been so much easier to go potty before starting and take bathroom breaks as needed.  Plus on top of that, the thickness and warmth of a diaper was a hindrance for the task at hand.   

The good news is the chore got done, and I can now go back to enjoying being diaper dependent.   Though I’m curious for others who are on this journey if there are times you felt annoyed or inconvenienced by being stuck in diapers?

1 hour ago, Enthusi said:

felt annoyed or inconvenienced

The most frustrated I've been is with an overflow type event while being without a change of clothes. Sure, it was frustrating and a pain to deal with, but it's par for the course. I remember thinking while dealing with this, I'd still rather be in nappies :).

• Like 1

Oh yeah

Most common for me is before bed on a long day...just wanna collapse into bed, but no instead I have to put on a new nappy...Buuuuut also brush my teeth etc so really it's less of an inconvenience and more of an enforcer of self-care lol ?

• Like 1

I agree with sparklez. I wanted to die after I leaked through at work. But luckily I was on lunch and quickly went to the bathroom at a gas station. I didn’t have a change of pants. And I started re thinking everything. And like Enthusi said the extra prep is sometimes annoying or exhausting. But I had some support from friends and my GF/Mommy. And by that evening even though I was embarrassed I knew that I just needed to learn from the experience and keep going

18 hours ago, Enthusi said:

The good news is the chore got done, and I can now go back to enjoying being diaper dependent.   Though I’m curious for others who are on this journey if there are times you felt annoyed or inconvenienced by being stuck in diapers?

Yes.  In a hot/humid sub-tropical climate, it's amazing how irksome a thick nappy and plastic pants can be for doing physical work.  I recall being up on the metal house roof for several hours (hydrating furiously in the heat with a large water bottle) earlier this season.  The temperature inside my nappy felt thermonuclear but the process of negotiating a series of ladders to get down for a pee every 30 minutes was as underwhelming as the thought of my pee reaching a plasma-state in my nappies.

It occurred to me how much simpler it would be to store pee in  my bladder for 4 - 5 hours and just dump it in a toilet but firstly I doubted my capacity to do that and secondly, I have a huge psychological block about taking OFF my nappies now.

14 hours ago, oznl said:

Yes.  In a hot/humid sub-tropical climate, it's amazing how irksome a thick nappy and plastic pants can be for doing physical work.  I recall being up on the metal house roof for several hours (hydrating furiously in the heat with a large water bottle) earlier this season.  The temperature inside my nappy felt thermonuclear but the process of negotiating a series of ladders to get down for a pee every 30 minutes was as underwhelming as the thought of my pee reaching a plasma-state in my nappies.

It occurred to me how much simpler it would be to store pee in  my bladder for 4 - 5 hours and just dump it in a toilet but firstly I doubted my capacity to do that and secondly, I have a huge psychological block about taking OFF my nappies now.

Dude you have totally crossed the incontinence event horizon. 

• Like 2

I feel perhaps too "new" to the pursuit of incontinence to have a credible response here, and totally respect @Enthusi for his transparent sharing and encouragements, but I will say that I have definitely seen the idea of binging and purging long enough that everyone comes to a crossroad moment in their pursuit of comfort or achieving a goal.  I suspect, and at least hope, that in the end, having the support of friends and maybe even family will help navigate those trials.  Absent that, I believe reckoning that frustration occurs each day regardless of continence and we need to mentally decide to push through or dare I say embrace these moments instead of fleeing them.

Perhaps my only example is when we played a version of manhunt last night on our property with my kids and other families.  I had to decide to either wear the diaper and run around and face who knows what rash, or go without.  I chose without and ending up peeing my pants in the woods during the game.  No one noticed and I was able to clean up afterwards, but was frustrated at having to figure that one out.  

Good job getting whatever your chore was done!! 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, DLJeff52 said:

Perhaps my only example is when we played a version of manhunt last night on our property with my kids and other families.  I had to decide to either wear the diaper and run around and face who knows what rash, or go without.  I chose without and ending up peeing my pants in the woods during the game.  No one noticed and I was able to clean up afterwards, but was frustrated at having to figure that one out.  

The force is strong with this one. Sounds like you’ve already spiraled a bit and henceforth your diapers will become a logical solution to keeping you dry.   It’s going to take a few years for your muscle memory to weaken and for the bladder capacity to shrink to the point where it’s permanent (if that’s your thing). But you are well on your way. 

• Like 1
On 12/28/2021 at 2:32 AM, sparklezBear said:

The most frustrated I've been is with an overflow type event while being without a change of clothes. Sure, it was frustrating and a pain to deal with, but it's par for the course. I remember thinking while dealing with this, I'd still rather be in nappies :).

Indeed buddy! The pros DEFINITELY outweigh the cons!?☺️???❤️