LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training Rewards / Incentives

I’ve been training my incontinence for years.  I first realized I was on to something when I started wetting my bed after a I created a new method (I think) of wetting in bed.  I’ll save that for a different post…

To ensure I stay on top of my exercises much aligned to the 12 Mo program I have diapers and supplies on auto ship.  I make sure I use all products (or close to) before my next shipment and not build too much of an inventory.  If I build up inventory I know I’m not wearing 24-7 as I should.

While this isn’t much I’m curious to what other people do to incentivize their motivation and/ or punish if you derail from the journey.

2 hours ago, Davidevens87 said:

While this isn’t much I’m curious to what other people do to incentivize their motivation and/ or punish if you derail from the journey.

I don’t ?

I only imposed one rule upon myself when setting out on this journey:  when I wanted to stop wearing nappies, I would stop wearing nappies…

There’s been times where it was less-than-convenient or uncomfortable and I’ve realised that it would be much simpler if I wasn’t in a nappy but even during those times, I’ve been of the opinion that the inconvenience was transitory and I’d regret breaking the continuity of my diapered state more than I’d appreciate the convenience or comfort that break provided.

My underwear drawer contains plastic pants and compression pants only: no underwear.  I guess that creates something of a “lock in” but it wasn’t a deliberate strategy.  After a while, it seemed pointless to have underwear I didn’t wear on-hand and have to go hunting for plastic pants that I did wear.

After a longer while, emerging dependency creates a bit of a feedback loop it seems and the balance shifts.

Bedwetting was the first symptom to emerge around the 1 year mark and it rapidly became more common.  This means I don’t really have any choice BUT to wear nappies at night. 

During the day, I *think* I am still “deciding” to use my nappy but I also know that I have a shrunken bladder and couldn’t last long and besides, in a nappy there’s no point trying to last so I don’t try.  It's honestly hard to remember what holding is even like.

This has gotten to the point where for anything where I’d not be close to a toilet all the time I’d probably need a nappy anyway whether I wanted it or not.  It’s even possible that I’m to some extent day-incontinent but haven’t yet fully realised it.  I was almost certainly wetting the bed (night nappy) for quite some time before I worked out what was happening.

This all means that I reached a tipping point some time ago where it’s far easier to be IN nappies than to be OUT of them so incentives and punishments wouldn’t be relevant anyway but even at the start they were never needed.  If anything, I'd need incentives and punishments to come OUT of my nappies (and some training)!

This at three years…

Having an amazing support group here is the best reward in my opinion.  Post your success stories and ask for advice if you get stuck.  

Also I’m not sure if it’s a reward but positive self talk goes a long way.  Keep reminding yourself it’s a marathon and not a sprint.