LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odor Control Tips?

7 hours ago, Whatsthatsmell said:

Plastic pants hide quite a bit of smell and protect against leaks.  Nullo removes a lot of the smell 

@BaronBrook

I would agree: @Whatsthatsmell Is correct. Plastic pants do mask the smell and protect against leaks, but they can still allow the smell to become noticeable if you are using them and have a large release. I am not sure about Nullo, because I have not used it. However, I can tell you that odor control as far as disposal can be dealt with by making sure you have an appropriate disposal container, and the appropriate disposal bags, that can mask orders. Mega max for example have a good odor containment system, but even they can smell and stink sometimes.

if you are removing dirty diapers, the best thing that you can do is to have scented bags that can be used to put dirty diapers into, or you’ll have to have some sort of trash bag that you can dump the dirties into. Because I use so many diapers a day, I did not want to end up using black hefty bags every time that I wanted to throw something away, and I did not want to have that smell get worse in my bathroom while I wait for a few diapers to accumulate in that bag. The Jenibelle system that I have now is a better system for me, because when you put a dirty diaper in there, it will still smell, but it will not be as bad, because the bag is scented, and the Jenibelle system has a trap door that holds the smell in the bag.

Good Luck!

Brian

7 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BaronBrook

I would agree: @Whatsthatsmell Is correct. Plastic pants do mask the smell and protect against leaks, but they can still allow the smell to become noticeable if you are using them and have a large release. I am not sure about Nullo, because I have not used it. However, I can tell you that odor control as far as disposal can be dealt with by making sure you have an appropriate disposal container, and the appropriate disposal bags, that can mask orders. Mega max for example have a good odor containment system, but even they can smell and stink sometimes.

if you are removing dirty diapers, the best thing that you can do is to have scented bags that can be used to put dirty diapers into, or you’ll have to have some sort of trash bag that you can dump the dirties into. Because I use so many diapers a day, I did not want to end up using black hefty bags every time that I wanted to throw something away, and I did not want to have that smell get worse in my bathroom while I wait for a few diapers to accumulate in that bag. The Jenibelle system that I have now is a better system for me, because when you put a dirty diaper in there, it will still smell, but it will not be as bad, because the bag is scented, and the Jenibelle system has a trap door that holds the smell in the bag.

Good Luck!

Brian

That's actually pretty smart Brian!???☺️??❤️??????????❤️????❤️??

• Thanks 1

That Janibell System is brilliant, @~Brian~. Currently, I use a stainless trash can with a peddle-activated lid, and it works pretty well, but it's not perfect. My buddy has two sons who are still in pull-ups, ages 9 and 11, and they still use a Diaper Genie from when they were babies, which is parked in their main bathroom, so I have contemplated it many times, while washing my hands, etc, and often wondered if it might be worth trying one, but I just didn't think it was built for diapers sized for adults. Janibell offers essentially an adult diaper genie. Great information. 

I don't mess very often, so for me the primary odor I need to control is from wetness, and that's more of an issue in the trash than it is on my person, as most decent disposables do a good job of mitigating odors for as long a time as I usually wear any given diaper. I have worn some of the heroic-capacity models out there for as long as 20 or 24 hours, but even then, the good ones still barely smell like anything. There are some exceptions, though - low-end diapers without the advanced biological weaponry that the better ones use, can start to smell off after a few hours, and if they're "breathable", that makes things even worse, because the air coming out carries a payload of odor with it. If I know I am going to be around people for an extended period of time between diaper changes, I wear a good plastic disposable, and I never have issues, at least as far as I can tell! Messing changes the equation considerably, but I am not an expert in that department. On the rare occasion when it happens, I change right away, but I don't have any control issues in that department. 

Cloth diapers are another story; I don't wear them a lot, but when I do, I notice the smell going downhill after a few hours... IF there is an air exchange in my plastic pants, such as from sitting down suddenly. The key is to reduce the air exchange; when the diaper is on you, good plastic pants help a lot, and when it is off, it needs to be sealed in a bag or put into a bucket with a lid right away. Scented products help as well, but reducing atmospheric contact is the key. 

A really good stripping and cleaning of cloth diapers increases the time it takes for them to turn evil on you; @oznl addresses this at length on his "Strange Days Indeed" string, which is, by the way, a good read, if you haven't seen it yet. 

• Thanks 1

I don't do any odor control because I love the smell. After a while it smells like a mix of strong fart and rotten garbage.

When I am staying with my brother though I have to be discrete. I mess in the bathroom or a well ventilated room and I stay there. I try not to smush it. Compression shorts tend to contain the smell pretty well. I tend to take a shower after I clean up and the steam helps clear the air a bit. My brother sometimes comments on the smell but usually thinks I just farted or had an accident (I have IBS-D).