LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If I were to get a new game, what should it be? (Nintendo Switch)

Tonight I post this particular question: I am thinking about getting a new game for my Nintendo switch probably for Christmas or soon. My question is this: should this be a game similar to animal crossing, or should it be some kind of game where I am playing he’s shooting games such as call of duty, or something else. For the Nintendo switch I would like to find a game that I can play that I can have fun with, almost like my Jeopardy and wheel of fortune game that I played today. I’m not sure about the Pokémon series but I would like to find some game that I will be able to enjoy, and will be able to earn upgrades and things like that, but I don’t know if animal crossing is a good game for this purpose, or if it’s another game like a strategy game, similar to Mario, which I love, but I would like to have some type of game that I like to play, and I also like the sports games.

I will leave this here and ask for suggestions: if enough people respond to my Request, I will consider each one that comes across on the thread, and then I will inform you of my decision. I have always wanted to try the Splatoon series, but I have seen Splatoon two, and I want to see the first game first. Heard this one was fun: ideas?

The question has been asked: what are your opinions what type of games should I be looking for if I wanted to get a new one for my Nintendo switch?

Brian

On 11/12/2021 at 10:03 AM, feralfreak said:

my suggestion is get a different console, but that is because i stopped liking nintendo when they allowed "tonight we riot" on their store, at this point if someone gave me a switch id shoot the damn thing and toss it in the dumpster.

@feralfreak

I can understand that there are people that might not like Nintendo because of their practices. I chose the Nintendo family because of the fact that there are two reasons that I would like to have it available I will let you know what they are:

1.  I want to be able to play games with people that are “family friendly“. I’ve been playing games for about 20 years, I started out with a pong game, and then another older game system, and then the Atari 2600. I love my Atari 2600, because most of the games that are on that system are available to play and I have all of the ROMS  that were ever released for that system. I have made changes to one of my Nintendo 3DS’s, So that I can load almost any of these into one of the emulators.

2.  All of the games that I have for the Nintendo DS/3DS/Atari/Nintendo, are appropriate for all ages. Most of the games that I own are for Xbox 360, or Xbox one. These games are the ones that I will play, but they may not be appropriate for Young nieces, because they are violent in nature, and I wanted a console  that was family oriented, The one that will have family related games, so I don’t have to worry that they are playing something that I would not approve of. If I follow this reasoning, anything that I run on my Nintendo switch will be appropriate for my young nieces, and I will not feel bad if I give them it, while they play on it.  

3.  Portability: I can take this device or any of my other Nintendo devices with me with very little effort. If I were to take my Xbox’s, I would need an Xbox case, and all of my cables, all of my games, and everything that goes along with it. I have the appropriate cases to carry my Nintendo switches, and I can put all of the things that I need with in the case along with my game cards, and be able to take it anywhere and quickly be able to attach it to any TV or computer monitor. I can also maintain the device and download content from the Internet connections where I am staying at the time, and not have to worry that I need something that I don’t have. I can pick up the whole entire shebang in about three seconds and carry it out of here and have everything I need including all of my cables wires, charge cords, controllers and the whole 9 yards.

4.  Family time: I can spend time with all of my family members that like to play games, and I don’t have to worry about the violent content that is being served by other vendors. Sure, there may be times when you fight, or punch something, but it is not blood and gore, and we can enjoy each other’s company, while taking place in gaming. For example, I could play PGA 21 with my brother JAMES, and he likes to play golf, and I am playing a real version of the golf game, so I can do something with him, and be able to gain help from him as well as learn things about the way the game works.  

5.  Controllers: I have plenty of controllers to be able to play with several different family members. If you have enough controls, you can play 8 to 10 people depending on the game that you have.  

6.  My second Nintendo switch, has been modified so that I can load almost anything that you can get with the appropriate ROM’s.  This gives me the ability to modify the way the Nintendo switch works, and when I have that switch on, I don’t have to worry that I am doing something that could put me in danger. Of course I realize that modifying a device such as this may be frowned upon, but with this availability of more Ways to use it, I can open the gates and almost do anything that I wish. Of course modifying electronics like this is not for the faint of heart, and what I am doing is not a hard mod:  it’s called the soft mud, because I am modifying the software and the ROM of the machine itself so that it will run what I want it to run, when I use appropriate devices.

7.  I can take the Nintendo switch anywhere that I wish. And I can play almost any game that I wish. Just depends on which switch I run with, and what game I want to play. Most of the games that I have are either Nintendo-based, or Iran-based. Most of the other games that are on my Stock Switch are exactly what they are:  stock.  This is the one that normally goes on the Internet, and the one that is used while playing on the Internet. Most of the time when I go places such as doctors appointments, or places where I have to wait a long time between appointments, I can sit and play with the switch to burn time. I’ve even had times when I am bored at my office, because we don’t have very many customers, or because of something else, so I may end up taking the switch with me if I think that I might have a little bit of time to unwind.

8.  Lastly, because I have CP, and because I have Issues with Eye and hand coordination, Playing video games increases this ability and makes it so that I can react faster. Some people think that having a disability is a bad thing, but if you take advantage of your fault or things that you may have to work on, you will find that you will be able to work better when you are able to work faster, because you are used to using the controls, are used to playing the game or doing whatever that you are doing. I think playing video games has helped me immensely, and I can’t wait to see what will happen say in five or 10 more years. Not sure I will be able to afford any of this newgadgetry, but at least I will be able to play the games I play and enjoy

I  used to play a lot of Xbox games, online with a lot of my friends. I enjoy my close friends, but when I play video games, I feel like I can’t do as well as I’d like to. By this I mean, I may not see something fast enough, be able to react to something fast enough, be able to do something fast enough, and someone may die because of my stupidity. This is an a game, and when I play video games I want to be able to sit down and relax, and enjoy the games I have, and the time I have to be able to play them. One of the things my parents always taught me was when it gets to the point where it’s no fun anymore, you don’t do it, or you walk away, until you calm down. 

this is what happens when you play online games: there are a few that I will play on the Xbox, but I haven’t played with my Xbox in over two years, except for the times that my friends come to visit me, and the last time I used it was when my friend PAUL was coming from New Hampshire to visit me for a few days. Other than that, I haven’t turned it on, however that may change in the future, because I want to be able to play some of the games, I just don’t want to have to deal with the harangue, and all the nonsense that happens when you play with online people that act like jerks, or act like two-year-olds online. I have seen many of those, and I’ve stopped playing games  with individuals because of the way they are acting. I want to play a game and I want to relax, and that is what I try to do with all of my games.

Nintendo seems to be able to have that well in hand for what they have done over the last 20 to 30 years. I remember when donkey Kong came out, and what you used to be able to do, save the girl and smash all of the barrels, and jump over all of the fireballs, and then you would end up going to another level. With all of my Nintendo devices, I can decide what game I want to play, and even if it’s not on the switch, I can go find it, and normally play it and have a fun time. Now that I am older, and I am an uncle, I like to have fun with my nieces and nephews when time allows, and if I can do that by bringing a device that I know they like to use, then that will be something they like to do, which we can do together. I remember when my niece was two years old, maybe three, and I was playing games with her on the iPad. I helped her to understand how to play the certain game, and she took off and was doing it with me and we were having fun. It’s not the actual idea of what we do, it is the idea that we work together and we enjoy each other’s company. 

Dad always taught me that family is everything. I have always remember that day when he told me that, and I will remember it for the rest of my born days. There are times however, that I lose my temper, and we all do that, and unfortunately in the last month I have done that at least once. I don’t want that to happen again, but I will continue to try to do My very best to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. This Thanksgiving, I will spend it with one of my brothers, and his family, and I want to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving without having to worry about anything. We worry so much about things in our lives, and then time goes by so fast, we don’t have a way to be able to enjoy what we have. Playing video games reminds me of the fact that I can enjoy some thing that I’ve always been able to do, and regardless of how old we get, or how the technology changes, we can still play games, and there is still a winner, there is still a loser, and there’s always a lesson to be learned. I want to enjoy having fun, and this is one way that I can calm down and relax so I don’t end up taking out my frustrations on someone that I love.

This is the reason for having the Nintendo switch.  I am not sure if anyone understands that reasoning, but that is the way I feel about that. I’ve always had fun with Nintendo games. The Nintendo eight bit system was one that I didn’t have, and I also did not have the super Nintendo, but since I do now have a Nintendo switch, and had a Nintendo Wii, I now understand how much fun these games can be. All I have to do is find a game that is age-appropriate, and non-violent, because I still have younger nieces, and we should be able to have a pretty good game together. Depending on what game we play,  We can adjust the difficulty level, or make it so that they can play with me. I enjoy spending time with my family members, and as long as they continue to have fun doing it, that’s what we will do.

My main concern is to make sure that whatever I play is appropriate, and all of my brothers agree that what I am playing is appropriate. I grew up in a generation of playing with the eight bit systems, and had to deal with The Atari 2600: I don’t care how old they get, or how lame these games may be, but that’s what I grew up on, and every time I get a chance to play a game that was on the 2600, it brings back memories for me. I can play astroids, yars Revenge or others. This brings back times of when I was a kid, when things were not as hectic, when you didn’t have to worry so much. If we take the time to find something that makes us feel better, or makes us feel younger, or makes us feel like we did when we were younger, it will help us in many ways.

does this make any sense? I guess I’m just an old fuddy-duddy sometimes and I like my games and I like my technology, but sometimes it is nice to be able to realize that it is the simpler things that make it worthwhile.

Brian

8 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@feralfreak

I can understand that there are people that might not like Nintendo because of their practices. I chose the Nintendo family because of the fact that there are two reasons that I would like to have it available I will let you know what they are:

1.  I want to be able to play games with people that are “family friendly“. I’ve been playing games for about 20 years, I started out with a pong game, and then another older game system, and then the Atari 2600. I love my Atari 2600, because most of the games that are on that system are available to play and I have all of the ROMS  that were ever released for that system. I have made changes to one of my Nintendo 3DS’s, So that I can load almost any of these into one of the emulators.

2.  All of the games that I have for the Nintendo DS/3DS/Atari/Nintendo, are appropriate for all ages. Most of the games that I own are for Xbox 360, or Xbox one. These games are the ones that I will play, but they may not be appropriate for Young nieces, because they are violent in nature, and I wanted a console  that was family oriented, The one that will have family related games, so I don’t have to worry that they are playing something that I would not approve of. If I follow this reasoning, anything that I run on my Nintendo switch will be appropriate for my young nieces, and I will not feel bad if I give them it, while they play on it.  

3.  Portability: I can take this device or any of my other Nintendo devices with me with very little effort. If I were to take my Xbox’s, I would need an Xbox case, and all of my cables, all of my games, and everything that goes along with it. I have the appropriate cases to carry my Nintendo switches, and I can put all of the things that I need with in the case along with my game cards, and be able to take it anywhere and quickly be able to attach it to any TV or computer monitor. I can also maintain the device and download content from the Internet connections where I am staying at the time, and not have to worry that I need something that I don’t have. I can pick up the whole entire shebang in about three seconds and carry it out of here and have everything I need including all of my cables wires, charge cords, controllers and the whole 9 yards.

4.  Family time: I can spend time with all of my family members that like to play games, and I don’t have to worry about the violent content that is being served by other vendors. Sure, there may be times when you fight, or punch something, but it is not blood and gore, and we can enjoy each other’s company, while taking place in gaming. For example, I could play PGA 21 with my brother JAMES, and he likes to play golf, and I am playing a real version of the golf game, so I can do something with him, and be able to gain help from him as well as learn things about the way the game works.  

5.  Controllers: I have plenty of controllers to be able to play with several different family members. If you have enough controls, you can play 8 to 10 people depending on the game that you have.  

6.  My second Nintendo switch, has been modified so that I can load almost anything that you can get with the appropriate ROM’s.  This gives me the ability to modify the way the Nintendo switch works, and when I have that switch on, I don’t have to worry that I am doing something that could put me in danger. Of course I realize that modifying a device such as this may be frowned upon, but with this availability of more Ways to use it, I can open the gates and almost do anything that I wish. Of course modifying electronics like this is not for the faint of heart, and what I am doing is not a hard mod:  it’s called the soft mud, because I am modifying the software and the ROM of the machine itself so that it will run what I want it to run, when I use appropriate devices.

7.  I can take the Nintendo switch anywhere that I wish. And I can play almost any game that I wish. Just depends on which switch I run with, and what game I want to play. Most of the games that I have are either Nintendo-based, or Iran-based. Most of the other games that are on my Stock Switch are exactly what they are:  stock.  This is the one that normally goes on the Internet, and the one that is used while playing on the Internet. Most of the time when I go places such as doctors appointments, or places where I have to wait a long time between appointments, I can sit and play with the switch to burn time. I’ve even had times when I am bored at my office, because we don’t have very many customers, or because of something else, so I may end up taking the switch with me if I think that I might have a little bit of time to unwind.

8.  Lastly, because I have CP, and because I have Issues with Eye and hand coordination, Playing video games increases this ability and makes it so that I can react faster. Some people think that having a disability is a bad thing, but if you take advantage of your fault or things that you may have to work on, you will find that you will be able to work better when you are able to work faster, because you are used to using the controls, are used to playing the game or doing whatever that you are doing. I think playing video games has helped me immensely, and I can’t wait to see what will happen say in five or 10 more years. Not sure I will be able to afford any of this newgadgetry, but at least I will be able to play the games I play and enjoy

I  used to play a lot of Xbox games, online with a lot of my friends. I enjoy my close friends, but when I play video games, I feel like I can’t do as well as I’d like to. By this I mean, I may not see something fast enough, be able to react to something fast enough, be able to do something fast enough, and someone may die because of my stupidity. This is an a game, and when I play video games I want to be able to sit down and relax, and enjoy the games I have, and the time I have to be able to play them. One of the things my parents always taught me was when it gets to the point where it’s no fun anymore, you don’t do it, or you walk away, until you calm down. 

this is what happens when you play online games: there are a few that I will play on the Xbox, but I haven’t played with my Xbox in over two years, except for the times that my friends come to visit me, and the last time I used it was when my friend PAUL was coming from New Hampshire to visit me for a few days. Other than that, I haven’t turned it on, however that may change in the future, because I want to be able to play some of the games, I just don’t want to have to deal with the harangue, and all the nonsense that happens when you play with online people that act like jerks, or act like two-year-olds online. I have seen many of those, and I’ve stopped playing games  with individuals because of the way they are acting. I want to play a game and I want to relax, and that is what I try to do with all of my games.

Nintendo seems to be able to have that well in hand for what they have done over the last 20 to 30 years. I remember when donkey Kong came out, and what you used to be able to do, save the girl and smash all of the barrels, and jump over all of the fireballs, and then you would end up going to another level. With all of my Nintendo devices, I can decide what game I want to play, and even if it’s not on the switch, I can go find it, and normally play it and have a fun time. Now that I am older, and I am an uncle, I like to have fun with my nieces and nephews when time allows, and if I can do that by bringing a device that I know they like to use, then that will be something they like to do, which we can do together. I remember when my niece was two years old, maybe three, and I was playing games with her on the iPad. I helped her to understand how to play the certain game, and she took off and was doing it with me and we were having fun. It’s not the actual idea of what we do, it is the idea that we work together and we enjoy each other’s company. 

Dad always taught me that family is everything. I have always remember that day when he told me that, and I will remember it for the rest of my born days. There are times however, that I lose my temper, and we all do that, and unfortunately in the last month I have done that at least once. I don’t want that to happen again, but I will continue to try to do My very best to make sure that it doesn’t happen again. This Thanksgiving, I will spend it with one of my brothers, and his family, and I want to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving without having to worry about anything. We worry so much about things in our lives, and then time goes by so fast, we don’t have a way to be able to enjoy what we have. Playing video games reminds me of the fact that I can enjoy some thing that I’ve always been able to do, and regardless of how old we get, or how the technology changes, we can still play games, and there is still a winner, there is still a loser, and there’s always a lesson to be learned. I want to enjoy having fun, and this is one way that I can calm down and relax so I don’t end up taking out my frustrations on someone that I love.

This is the reason for having the Nintendo switch.  I am not sure if anyone understands that reasoning, but that is the way I feel about that. I’ve always had fun with Nintendo games. The Nintendo eight bit system was one that I didn’t have, and I also did not have the super Nintendo, but since I do now have a Nintendo switch, and had a Nintendo Wii, I now understand how much fun these games can be. All I have to do is find a game that is age-appropriate, and non-violent, because I still have younger nieces, and we should be able to have a pretty good game together. Depending on what game we play,  We can adjust the difficulty level, or make it so that they can play with me. I enjoy spending time with my family members, and as long as they continue to have fun doing it, that’s what we will do.

My main concern is to make sure that whatever I play is appropriate, and all of my brothers agree that what I am playing is appropriate. I grew up in a generation of playing with the eight bit systems, and had to deal with The Atari 2600: I don’t care how old they get, or how lame these games may be, but that’s what I grew up on, and every time I get a chance to play a game that was on the 2600, it brings back memories for me. I can play astroids, yars Revenge or others. This brings back times of when I was a kid, when things were not as hectic, when you didn’t have to worry so much. If we take the time to find something that makes us feel better, or makes us feel younger, or makes us feel like we did when we were younger, it will help us in many ways.

does this make any sense? I guess I’m just an old fuddy-duddy sometimes and I like my games and I like my technology, but sometimes it is nice to be able to realize that it is the simpler things that make it worthwhile.

Brian

that is a lot of reasons, my reason is like i said because of "tonight we riot", its against cops, my brother in law is a cop, my old sensei use to be a cop, i cant support anti police things, but im not knocking someone who owns the console for family reasons. i like video games, but i bet you would kick my ass at online games, if you got re5 for 360, let me know and we can see sometime(im lousy at games, i even have to get help when i play runescape, and needed help constantly in star trek online). your old man taught you family being everything, i wish someone would remind my "family" members that, the family, as i see it, is just a clan now, those who could have helped us when we got here wouldnt lift a finger, and im no carpenter(one who is a carpenter, is also a pastor, you would think he would remember something in the bible about helping family, hmm). its not being a fuddy duddy to be old fashioned, and wanting games some play to be age appropriate, but i think a lot of those family friendly games are available on other consoles.

• Like 1

@feralfreak

One thing I don’t understand is why Nintendo would ever tell anyone they should Riot.   I agree no one should be rioting, and it puts the Police in danger.  At the risk of sounding political, which is not my intention at all, I think some of this rioting may Because former President Trump would always tell people that we are to do some things that we shouldn’t. No one has the right to riot, and they should not be doing things that put people in danger. Former President Trump has put this country in danger from day one, and it is been obvious since January 6 that he wanted to “overrun the government”, try to stop lawful activities, and undermine the trust of everyone in the United States - cops and Public Safety officials included.  It is my hope that we never have to deal with such ridiculousness again. I don’t care whether you are a cop from a fire fighter, and the empty, other public safety official, rioting has no place, and you mean so is no reason to do that, and it is important to everything that I hold dear to myself.

Gaming helps me in many ways. Having serval palsy, I always have to deal with Eye/hand coordination issues, Gaming has helped me to do that.  I guess I’m always like the Mario series, and a few of the older games from the original Nintendo eight bit system.  My brothers and I always used to play, and they always used to “help me“ on several games, which basically meant that when it was my turn, I would not have too much time to play, because they would help me through the levels.  One day because of this, my father noticed that I wasn’t playing much. He asked if I have been getting my “turn” And even though my brother said yes, my dad didn’t think that was fair, so what he did was to ask all of my brothers to go outside for two hours. He gave me the Nintendo Consol play for two hours straight with no Interruption, claiming that I don’t get a chance to play as much as they do, and I’m only there every other weekend, so that makes it fair in his eyes. I loved it when DAD did that, because then I could actually play my speed, and learn. I learned so many things just playing some of these games, and I was able to pass several levels because concentrate on what I was doing, not worry about who’s “turn” it was.

recently I got wheel of fortune, Jeopardy, and family feud. These are fun games, and I’ve been game shows that we have known ever since we were kids. I wish that we could get price is right decades, or some sort of Nintendo or of that game, because I loved that show, and still watch some of the old episodes on YouTube because that brings back memories.  I also have a couple of Mario titles, and a lot of downloadable games that I got is digital downloads. With this library of games, I am sure there is going to be something that everyone will agree on and will like.

I remember in the 90s, that there was a big rush on Pokémon. I understand that people have Craisins, and there are other things. However I never got into the craze.  I let my younger friends deal with that increase, and enjoy that part of their life.  I guess there are games that I am not quite into, such as Pokémon in animal crossing. I guess these are some role-playing games, and I might not be into that, but maybe if I find one, maybe I will try animal crossing and see if it was as good as people say it is. You never know.

someday, I’ll fire up my Xbox again, and I will place him. Right now I’m in to my Nintendo switch, and I really enjoy the games were you can enjoy myself, and I don’t have to worry about “punk kids and idiots”  Ruining my experience, or friends that I respect showing me that I am “not as good as they are in certain games” this sort of ruins my experience online, and as a player, I had to step in while monitoring friends of mine playing games online, because they get a hand and start calling people names and acting like fools. Because you can get banned on any system, I have to be careful what is being played, what is being said, and who is playing, and be able to respond if someone decides to get a little bit out of control. Usually this means that a friend of mine will tell me “this gentleman said this/this gentleman said that, and I am going to walk away for a while“. 

Last night I played Jeopardy and wheel of fortune, and I checked the computers butt all over the map.  I may play some Mario later on, but I am not sure what I will do, it will depend on what happens. Thank you for your Thoughtful responses. I do appreciate your opinion regarding Nintendo, and their actions. I agree, that there is no reason for people to be rioting or causing problems. Sometimes I wonder why people would think that any point in time but it was appropriate to do that. I guess part of the reason maybe because they had a bad example at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.  

take care,

Brian

• Like 1

im gonna disagree with you about president trump, he specifically said to be peaceful and patriotic, not calling for a riot, as opposed to mad maxine who did and seems to still call for it, but she seems to get away with it. ive dealt with assholes on xbox in re5, some want to just toss rotten eggs at me or keep shooting me, so i block them and submit a bad review, and ive had some good players i ran across, one that gave me a shitload of unlimited golden eggs(they heal you completely)

On 11/15/2021 at 12:37 AM, feralfreak said:

im gonna disagree with you about president trump, he specifically said to be peaceful and patriotic, 

Was that before or after he suggested cops rough up their suspects? You know, the public statement that forced police commissioners to get on the air and tell their police not to do that? 

14 hours ago, TheGrimmRetails said:

Was that before or after he suggested cops rough up their suspects? You know, the public statement that forced police commissioners to get on the air and tell their police not to do that? 

i dont have any concern about saying to rough up suspects or not, but he was a damn sight better than what we have now, a "leader" that closed down a pipeline that cost thousands work and raised the cost of gas and other products(expect propane to be painful to buy), cancelled the trumps order for insulin to be no more than 35 dollars a vial(an order vital to diabetics who cant afford the insanely high cost, my mother being one of them), practically giftwrapped military weapons for the taliban, and left thousands of people in enemy territory at the same time. was trump perfect? nope, but at least he isnt being used as a puppet.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the task at hand.

I’m not sure how you feel about racing games, but I picked up “Crusin’ Extreme” recently.  It does have a few licensed vehicles, the the style is definitely more arcade style racing. I played “Crusin’ USA” when it was in the arcades a lot, wasn’t impressed with “Crusin’ World” on the N64. It doesn’t replace any of my Forza or Gran Turismo, but so far, so good. 

• Like 1