LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Happy Veterans Day

DailyDi

Veterans Day Fourth of July and any holiday that celebrates what our veterans have done, or celebrates our countries vast history, or holidays that I enjoy. When my grandmother BAKER was alive, her birthday was July 4. On her birthday, we would probably go to her house most times, and then we would have fun either cooking outside playing or doing something important and spending time with friends and family that we love and cherish.

My grandmother my grandfather several uncles my father my stepfather and many more friends and family including my brothers I’ve served in the military. My brother Daniel is active duty Air Force reserve Vermont national guard, my dad served in the Navy, several of my uncle served in the Navy, and one of them was a chief petty officer. I am very proud of everyone who served in the military, who keeps I safe, and those in our country, because I am proud to be an American, a place I know I’m free, and know that I can say do think or believe whatever I wish. This is because of people like my dad and others like my brother Daniel who serve and protect us from those who decide that America needs to learn a  “lesson”.

When the country like that wants to teach us a “lesson” we end up going over there and teaching them the lesson. There are a lot of people who deserve a hell of a lot of praise for what they do, and I am very proud of each one of them, and I think them for all of the service I don’t care where you serve, how long do you serve, or why are you served. Are you all served with distinction and should be honored and remembered. Every time I see a flag I always look at it and remember that my father and several of my Family members have served in order to protect what the flag stands for. When I look at a flag I always remember the patriotic spirit of the United States, and every time I look at a flight I will remember my family being patriotic, and being that they served, they respect the flag, and each time that I see one, it brings back memories of my family members that serve.

Happy Veterans Day to all that serve have served will serve, and those who have given the “ultimate sacrifice”  each person who loses their life in the line of duty, is a hero in my book. They have done what they believe to be right and they have put themselves in harms way to keep us safe. I always pray that my family, if they are called to serve, will return home safely. I’ve had several friends of mine serving several overseas missions, and each time they have come home. However there are other times when veterans serve, leave, and then they don’t come home:  I have a memory that will always stick with me. I have been designated as a “HonoraryMarine”. And one day exactly one year after my friend gave me an honorary commission of Sergeant/E5, he gave me a Brown beret.  He said that this baret was one that was used jBuy special forces personnel, who actually went over to Afghanistan and other places in the Middle East, and he told me that one time when wearing that Baretbhe was shot at and apparently there was A hole in it because of that shot. My friend was a sergeant major of the Marine Corps. He had been in service for pretty close to 30 years, and then retired, and when I met him he lived over here in my building. Eventually the man died, but I’ll always remember the fact that he served with honor as well as everyone else.

That hat meant something to me, and when I went to my grandmothers funeral in honor of her, I wore that hat and all of my color devices: I had the stripes of a Staff Sergeant, and I wore that as an honor to my grandmother who served in the Navy, because the Marines are part of the Navy. When my grandmother was finally laid to rest, my grandmother had her legion Cap on her pillow. My dad called me to my grandmothers coughing, took her cap, removed her POW MIA pin from her generation, and then gave it to me and attached it to my beret I probably carry this, as a reminder of everyone who served regardless of what they did.

happy Veterans Day everyone and thank you for all you do: you are amazing and I couldn’t have a safe place to be without you!

Semper Fi do or die gung ho gung ho!

Brian

• Like 1

A great big thank you to those who have and those that are still serving, i am very grateful for the service you have provided this country and continue to provide. it is because of you that i was able to be brought to this country and have had the freedoms to live my life the way i have. 

• Like 1

Brian, the reserve and the national guard are two different groups.  The reserves are strictly under federal control and the national guard can be called up by both Federal government and are also under control by the governor of the state.  Army special forces wear a green beret and the rangers wear a red beret.  I do not know who wears a brown beret. I spent 30 years in both the active duty air force and the Air Force Reserve.  Thank you for your support of the military community.  I also a member of the American Legion for the last 18 years.

5 hours ago, diapermike1953 said:

Brian, the reserve and the national guard are two different groups.  The reserves are strictly under federal control and the national guard can be called up by both Federal government and are also under control by the governor of the state.  Army special forces wear a green beret and the rangers wear a red beret.  I do not know who wears a brown beret. I spent 30 years in both the active duty air force and the Air Force Reserve.  Thank you for your support of the military community.  I also a member of the American Legion for the last 18 years.

@diapermike1953

Thank you for your service! I am not sure what color that Baret is, but it is dark color: My grandfather my grandmother, my father, and others have all served in the military. My brother Daniel did at least eight years active-duty Coast Guard, and now is in the Vermont air national guard under command of brigadier general Gregory Knight.  He is Vermont’s adjutant general. I believe that Beret  was special forces, but I am not sure. I know that a friend of mine who was a sergeant major of the Marine Corps gave me that as one piece of equipment that I cherish.

my dad has been a member of the Legion for years. I know that there have been a lot of people who have served in many capacities to protect our freedom and our democracy. There are times when I’ve had friends get called up to active duty, and they end up leaving and going overseas to do what they have to do. My brother Daniel I believe has been called up at least three times, and every time he gets called up, he says “we get the call because we know how to get the job done“ when talking about or Vermont air national guard and Vermont Army national guard soldier compliment.

I don’t care which service you have served in, you have all done your equal part, and I am equally grateful for all of this. Without people to be growing to serve their country in times of need, we would not be as free and able to do what we do on a regular basis, and that is one thing that I have always remembered.  Whenever I see someone in uniform, it makes me remember that in order for them to be removed to wear such a uniform, they have performed very very well in order to be able to be considered in that service.

I am very very Happy that America is free. However, I will never forget those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for whatever reason, whatever service, they have done the ultimate thing, given their lives to protect others. I shall always be gratified and in their debt, because they decided to serve their country, and if given the ultimate sacrifice.

thank you to you, and every veteran who has served regardless of service, regardless a piece of war time, regardless of campaign. You are all heroes in my mind.

Brian