LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adhd leading to leaks

It happens way too often for my liking where I’ll procrastinate about changing only to have a leak.  Or the worst is when I’m between changes and I get distracted with a chore or text and I end up soaking my pants.  

As with all things ADHD the key is routine and filtering distractions.  Still it’s easier said than done. 

This.

is.

100%.

me.

And I don't have an ADHD diagnosis...at least, I haven't sought a doctor yet...

Anyway, it's partially why I've swapped to higher capacity diapers...If you can't beat it might as well embrace it...

• Like 1
On 11/3/2021 at 7:33 AM, Enthusi said:

It happens way too often for my liking where I’ll procrastinate about changing only to have a leak.  Or the worst is when I’m between changes and I get distracted with a chore or text and I end up soaking my pants.  

As with all things ADHD the key is routine and filtering distractions.  Still it’s easier said than done. 

@Enthusi

You don’t necessarily have to have a diagnosis of ADHD: a lot of us get distracted with things, and we may end up thinking to ourselves “I have a diaper on, it will take care of it“ and then what you end up with is a diaper that is Damp, then wet, then soaked, and then totally drenched and almost ready to fall off, or one that weighs 15 pounds when you take it off. Each of us Has to have our own “System to deal with” situations like this.  You are right when you say that it is “easier said than done“, as many times our lives interfere with what our body tells us and we sometimes have to “pay the penalty“ and the “penalty“ is wet pants or a messy diaper.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, Kif said:

This.

is.

100%.

me.

And I don't have an ADHD diagnosis...at least, I haven't sought a doctor yet...

Anyway, it's partially why I've swapped to higher capacity diapers...If you can't beat it might as well embrace it...

@Kif

when I started wearing diapers full-time in 2020, I have learned a lot of things. One of those things was that I realized that in order for you to be able to use a diaper to its fullest extent possible, and in order for it to work properly, you have to have the right diaper for the right situation. If you are the type who has incontinence and cannot hold it and would flood out a diaper, you want the best diapers you can possibly get so that you don’t end up with a wet puddle or wet pants or wet furniture that you were sitting on.  I started wearing diapers in 2019 because of the fact that I could not get to the bathroom in enough time to avoid accidents, and even though I was still continent, I did not want to try to break my neck my arm or my legs trying to get to the bathroom because I had to go to the bathroom so bad. When you get to the point where you can’t even breathe without having to release, or it happened so fast you can’t even get up, you know that the system needs to change, and you know that you need to make changes to make your life easier to deal with.  Now that I have a diaper on, I don’t have to worry about whether I have to rush to get up or to do anything like that, because I know that my diaper can handle the load. However, this does not mean that you let your diaper go and go and go and go until it is ready to fall off either. You have to make sure that you realize the difference between a damn diaper and I totally drenched diaper, are you will be very uncomfortable.

Now that I have a diaper on, I don’t have to worry about whether I have to rush to get up or to do anything like that, because I know that my diaper can handle the load. However, this does not mean that you let your diaper go and go and go and go until it is ready to fall off either. You have to make sure that you realize the difference between a damp diaper in a totally drenched diaper, or you will be very uncomfortable.

this is why I am a staunch advocate of having the best diapers you can possibly get. There is no real reason to have the cheapest diaper that you can possibly get if you are incontinent like I am and are likely to use the diaper to its fullest capacity possible. If you have a diaper that is not a high-capacity diaper, you will be changing your diaper at a very frequent basis, and it will not hold much.  I would rather have the high-capacity diapers and have them available and use them to their extreme rather than not have the right type of diaper or proper equipment to deal with the situation.

because I have a diaper on, I am a lot less stressed and able to deal with a lot more. In my mind, there is no reason to worry about whether you have to use the bathroom or not. When you go somewhere, you have to be aware of that situation, but you should not have to lose sleep over whether you have to get up and go to the bathroom and it is a lot easier to change your diaper than it is to clean up a large mess because you didn’t make it in time.

you are right, if you can’t beat it you might as well enjoy it, because you will continue to use them. This is one thing that I have excepted: I need them: so I might as well enjoy having what I want when I want and where I want. As I have stated in the past wearing a diaper is nothing:  It is a special type of underwear and nothing else.

Brian

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

this is why I am a staunch advocate of having the best diapers you can possibly get. There is no real reason to have the cheapest diaper that you can possibly get if you are incontinent like I am and are likely to use the diaper to its fullest capacity possible. If you have a diaper that is not a high-capacity diaper, you will be changing your diaper at a very frequent basis, and it will not hold much.

I’m getting to that point.  I can afford high quality diapers but I try to get away with cheaper diapers to save money.  

Also I think I still operate in a mentality where I think can control for leaks better than I can and this gets me in trouble. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I’m getting to that point.  I can afford high quality diapers but I try to get away with cheaper diapers to save money.  

Also I think I still operate in a mentality where I think can control for leaks better than I can and this gets me in trouble. 

Well if I were you I would just go ahead and buy the quality diapers. It might take some financial reconstructing, but it can be done. But on an side note, that's the one thing I hate about this lifestyle. Its just too damn expensive sometimes, such as life.????????