LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hooo....boy....was fortunate today.

drynot

So when I go run errands these days I usually diaper up.  I'd rather wear my own bathroom than have to deal with public ones.  So I just get back home after shopping and checking the mail and as soon as I get out of my car....my bowels just let loose.  No real warning....just let it fly into my Abena L4.  At least I was in my driveway and not in the middle of the grocery store when it happened.

Not sure what happened.....my stomach is feels a bit upset....but not overly so.  So glad I wore diapers today.

• Like 1

whats up with that? I got a similar problem going on... No warning and diaper's full of shit. Rusty Pins says it's Metformen (for high blood sugar) and I tend to agree. Any other ideas? It may be a plot...

On 10/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, ppdude said:

Rusty Pins says it's Metformen (for high blood sugar) and I tend to agree. Any other ideas? It may be a plot...

Metformin definitely has diarrhea as a side effect, especially in the first few weeks. The longer you use it, though, your body should regulate out.   

....orjust stop eating spicy Mexican or other foods. Diet/suger free candies will do that to. The artificial sweetner causes the runs big time in a lot of people.....but I bet it's the spicy food...??

On 10/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, drynot said:

So when I go run errands these days I usually diaper up.  I'd rather wear my own bathroom than have to deal with public ones.  So I just get back home after shopping and checking the mail and as soon as I get out of my car....my bowels just let loose.  No real warning....just let it fly into my Abena L4.  At least I was in my driveway and not in the middle of the grocery store when it happened.

Not sure what happened.....my stomach is feels a bit upset....but not overly so.  So glad I wore diapers today.

It doesn't  matter what happened buddy! That's just proof that your body is finally getting used to going in your diaper. You were right to wear your potty today at the grocery store. Enjoy that nice warm poo-poo in your diaper you made!???❤️????❤️??????❤️ I'm just glad the diapie was able to hold the doo-doos you made in there.??☺️?❤️?❤️?️?️

• Like 1
On 10/14/2021 at 12:12 AM, drynot said:

Thank god for adult diapers. Usually made a good choice ???

On 10/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, drynot said:

Yeah, that's a familiar feeling.

I started wearing full-time in mid-2012. I started voluntarily messing in early 2013 and I was definitely having difficulty with messing control by late 2013. Wet diapers are nice; wetting accidents were a little intimidating at first, even for me who'd spent long episodes diapered for incontinence before; but when you start unexpectedly filling your diapers that's when you really start thanking God.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, ppdude said:

Rusty Pins says it's Metformen (for high blood sugar) and I tend to agree.

It would make sense. Metformin can cause GI side effects, including flatulence and diarrhoea, and it's more likely to cause those effects than other similar medications are (Bolen et al., 2007). It usually happens either when you start metformin or increase the dosage (Aungst, 2021).

If you are taking any anticholinergic (prominently including bupropion, clozapine, diphenhydramine, paroxetine, quetiapine, scopolamine, or any tricyclic antidepressant), or cephalexin (an antibiotic), or cimetidine (an H2 antihistamine), all of those may boost the GI effects of metformin (Somogyi et al., 1987; Jayasegar et al., 2002; May & Schindler, 2016).

On 10/15/2021 at 11:49 AM, warpiper said:

Metformin definitely has diarrhea as a side effect, especially in the first few weeks. The longer you use it, though, your body should regulate out.   

It should! Worth noting, though, that there is a small chance it may not (Fujita & Inagaki, 2017).

On 10/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, square_duck said:

Diet/suger free candies will do that to. The artificial sweetner causes the runs big time in a lot of people

This is absolutely correct and if it's okay I'd like to provide some context.

Multiple sugar substitutes can cause diarrhoea, including

• allulose (Hossain et al., 2015), found in figs, maple syrup, and other sugar substitutes; it impairs carbohydrate absorption, causing the carbohydrates to ferment in the intestine and potentially causing diarrhoea
  • many sugar alcohols (Mäkinen, 2016), specifically including erythritol,  isomalt, lactitol, mannitol, sorbitol, and xylitol (Grimble et al., 1988; Ruskoné-Fourmestraux et al., 2003; Storey et al., 2006; Mäkinen, op. cit.; Panoff, 2020), typically found in sugar-free candies, cookies and chewing gums (Ghosh & Sudha, 2012); they draw water into the colon, so they essentially work the same way as glycerin (Hallens) or polyethylene glycol/macrogol (Miralax, Movicol), and sorbitol in particular is occasionally actually prescribed for that purpose

The reason I felt it was necessary to citation-bomb this topic was because I know "artificial sweeteners do x" is often silently dismissed as a conspiracy theory because of all the things that aspartame is supposed to do but doesn't. However, allulose and sugar alcohols very much do work as advertised.

9 hours ago, anned said:

add Ozempic® (semaglutide) to Metformin and hold on.

Yep! As you clearly know, semaglutide/Ozempic commonly causes diarrhoea as a side effect (Danapilis, 2021).

References

Aungst, C. (2021, September 27). Metformin side effects: What you need to know. GoodRx.

Bolen, S., Feldman, L., Vassy, J., Wilson, L., Yeh, H-C., ... & Brancati, F.L. (2007, September 18). Systematic review: Comparative effectiveness and safety of oral medications for type 2 diabetes mellitusAnnals of Internal Medicine, 147(6), 386-399. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-147-6-200709180-00178.

Danapilis, S. (2021, February 5). Side effects of Ozempic: What you need to know (N. Patel, Ed.). healthline.

Fujita, Y., & Inagaki, N. (2017, January 24). Metformin: New preparations and nonglycemic benefitsCurrent Diabetes Reports, 17, 5. doi:10.1007/s11892-017-0829-8.

Ghosh, S., & Sudha, M.L. (2011, October 24). A review on polyols: New frontiers for health-based bakery productsInternational Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 63(3), 372-379. doi:10.3109/09637486.2011.627846.

Grimble, G.K., Patil, D.H., & Silk, D.B. (1988, December). Assimilation of lactitol, an 'unabsorbed' disaccharide in the normal human colonGut, 29(12), 1666-1671. doi:10.1136/gut.29.12.1666.

Hossain, A., Yamaguchi, F., Matsuo, T., Tsukamoto, I., Toyoda, Y., ... & Tokuda, M. (2015, November). Rare sugar d-allulose: Potential role and therapeutic monitoring in maintaining obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitusPharmacology & Therapeutics, 155, 49-59. doi:10.1016/j.pharmthera.2015.08.004.

Jayasagar, G., Krishna Kumar, M., Chandrasekhar, K., Madhusudan Rao, C., & Madhusudan Rao, Y. (2002, September 1). Effect of cephalexin on the pharmacokinetics of metformin in healthy human volunteersDrug Metabolism and Drug Interactions, 19(1), 41-48. doi:10.1515/DMDI.2002.19.1.41.

Mäkinen, K.K. (2016, October 20). Gastrointestinal disturbances associated with the consumption of sugar alcohols with special consideration of xylitol: Scientific review and instructions for dentists and other healthcare professionals. International Journal of Dentistry, 2016, 5967907. doi:10.1155/2016/5967907.

May, M., & Schindler, C. (2016, March 31). Clinically and pharmacologically relevant interactions of antidiabetic drugsTherapeutic Advances in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 7(2), 69-83. doi:10.1177/2042018816638050.

Panoff, L. (2020, September 25). What is sorbitol? Benefits, uses, side effects, and more (J. Kubala, Ed.). healthline.

Ruskoné-Fourmestraux, A., Attar, A., Chassard, D., Coffin, B., Bornet, F., & Bouhnik, Y. (2003, January 27). A digestive tolerance study of maltitol after occasional and regular consumption in healthy humansEuropean Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 57, 26-30. doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1601516.

Somogyi, A., Stockley, C., Keal, J., Rolan, P., & Bochner, F. (1987, May). Reduction of metformin renal tubular secretion by cimetidine in manBritish Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 23(5), 545-551. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2125.1987.tb03090.x.

Storey, D., Lee, A., Bornet, F., & Brouns, F. (2006, September 20). Gastrointestinal tolerance of erythritol and xylitol ingested in a liquidEuropean Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 61, 349-354. doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602532.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, warpiper said:

@Kaliborio I absolutely love that you put together an essay with parenthetical citations and in I think APA format? Someone's had practice. 

Thank you for the compliment. I have forgotten how to relate to other human beings any other way than writing essays at them, as my post history here and on ADISC reflects.

It is indeed APA style. I grew up with APA 6 style; now we have APA 7. I amar prestar aen; han matho me nen