LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Skin problems

I’m a daily pooper.  I always use plenty of desitin and a little powder.  Wipe clean thoroughly then shower with antibacterial soap.  But by the end of the day I’m always itchey rashey and sometimes a little stinkey between my legs and on the sack.  I only wear and poop once a day and am out of diapers the rest of the day most days. Unless my ins is bad.  What am I doing wrong.  

Well, the sad reality is your skin may just not be up to it. Depending on humidity and such there are times I just cannot wear a diaper or my groin will chafe no matter the lotioning or clothing. If you think you're stinky and you aren't spending hours at a time in a dirty diaper, then it's either in your head or you aren't actually showering thoroughly. When I first started messing, I would use a scented bodywash like Axe to clean up, because it just gave me a little reassurance that my nether regions didn't smell like poop at all after cleanup, but I agree antibacterial is the way to go as long as its something easy on the skin like Dettol.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, Whatsthatsmell said:

I’m a daily pooper.  I always use plenty of desitin and a little powder.  Wipe clean thoroughly then shower with antibacterial soap.  But by the end of the day I’m always itchey rashey and sometimes a little stinkey between my legs and on the sack.  I only wear and poop once a day and am out of diapers the rest of the day most days. Unless my ins is bad.  What am I doing wrong.  

@Whatsthatsmell

What I do when I can is to take my diaper off, and then just leave my body open to the air:  A LOT of the problem is that, as with an infant or a toddler, diapers are used and not changed in a timely manner, which causes the redness, itching, and other skin problems.  You also have to be careful of what is known as "skin breakdown" where your skin is reddened, and could react with the fecal matter or ammonia, causing reactions:  I have even had it happen that, without wearing at all, with my skin in contact with the cushion of my wheelchair, that it can cause chafing, which is not good if it continues for long periods.

I would "air yourself out" and let your skin breathe:  I do this by taking a good shower, then staying NAKED for a while, allowing the air to dry myself naturally :)

Good Luck!!

Brian

I usually air out for about 20 min before I get dressed.  And I don’t wear diapers all day 

I think pop is getting trapped in my pores and getting sweat out over the day.  I’ve started rinsing off with cool water first and washing a few times before turning the heat up and it has seemed to help a lot 

I'm not really impressed with bar soap's deodorant capabilities.  If I can still smell BO in my pits after washing, it sure aint gonna wash away poop!  I too can notice a "funk" when I go to do my business later in the day.

I use liquid hand soap or a deep cleansing shampoo (current favorite is Suave Daily Clarifying - and it's dirt cheap!).  And usually wash, rinse, repeat to be sure it really is clean.  I still can't say it's 100% effective because of nose-blindedness to myself of course, but I believe it helps.

Last, I need to resume the tests, but I've been trying a spritz of hydrogen peroxide down there before my shower. 

• Thanks 1

What's your diet like? Acidy foods will cause diaper rash.   Maybe that's the problem.   Or,  your skin is really intolerant. 

Pretty mild diet.  I’ve been doing this daily for about 5 years.  It’s only become an issue recently.   I think I’m on to something with taking cooler showers.  Less itchey the last few days 

Pretty mild diet.  I’ve been doing this daily for about 5 years.  It’s only become an issue recently.   I think I’m on to something with taking cooler showers.  Less itchey the last few days