LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Forming a new AB/DL and little clothing company

My suggestion is to find a product you know and identify with that will also sell. Make it the best you can make it and then build a product base from there. You set the trend.

Well, you have the mission statement. The rest is a question of what, for whom and how, then a business mode and then a "culture". But the devil is in the detail. I wear a different kind of diaper. However, it was not designed for a baby, but for a little girl by her mother who could make things. I can go 14 hours between changes. You can find out pretty much all about me by using my About Me and my albums and other tings  (all available viamy siggy). That would be just one type of the general pnenomenon called ABDL Another thing you could make is an adult version of the baby rubber panty made of rubber with that funny elastic that gathers themateial at the top and is fairly wide that was the norm in the late  1940's and early '50's. Each of us is from a specidifc "where" I am from Frnech-Canadian southeastern New England, mor narrowly the Fall River Greater Metropolitan Area. Manyof the women here worked in  "dress shops" where they made clothes so there was  quite a bit of DIY. Many of the early plastic panties were homemade when rubber was being rationed during WWII. I remember both the peach colored latex panties and a translucent light ecru plastic on being put on me before I was 3. There were also customs peculiar to a given area. I was well and truly shocked when Joanne+Chan from England understood the rubber diaper which I thought was only a regioanl thing

At any rate "ABDL" cuvers many subcategories: infant, toddler, little, girl, boy and so on and many tiem periods from the 1940's (I think the oldest here is about 76) to about 20 years ago And DL is a whole other can of worms I will never understand a 65 year old who can even abide paper diapers since they were not what he or she had as a baby/child So obviously, DL's are looking for something else

6 hours ago, Ferix said:

My suggestion is to find a product you know and identify with that will also sell. Make it the best you can make it and then build a product base from there. You set the trend.

Good advice!  One reason some companies don't make it is because they try and jump into a well established market to try and grab a piece of it.  It's hard to enter an established market, especially when everyone else is also trying to jump on the same bandwagon and the market is a nitch market, somewhat limited to begin with, such as AB clothing..  The market becomes over saturated and only the big original companies that started it will remain as the others drop by the wayside.  Large companies can usually sell at lower prices and make profit due to getting discounted bulk rates on materials due to buying in high volume.  Mass production doesn't always mean the best quality though.  People will sometimes pay a little more for a well made product.

You are doing right by going to the source of your potential customer base and asking their input.  Gather their data, find out what they want and what will be a best selling product, maybe something not readily on the market yet.  Make it good quality and don't try to charge way more than you need to in order to make your profit all on one sale.  You want a good product that people will approve of, but you don't want to turn off repeat buyers.