LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seeing yourself as incontinent

On 6/14/2021 at 1:11 AM, Enthusi said:

In my experience the process of internalizing is often overlooked.  I would go as far as to say it’s critical that you be able to see yourself as incontinent if you want any long term success.  I’m talking on a deep, deep, level.   In fact I suspect that the people who are able to successfully “spiral” into incontinence are somewhere along the way to accepting they are incontinent.  

Trust me it’s much easier said than done to identify as someone who is incontinent.  I’ve been at this for over 4 years and it took me about 3 years of untraining and self talk to internalize my incontinence. Here are just some of the psychological barriers I’ve faced in no particular order. 

1. Fear that you’re faking incontinence because you still have some ability to hold it in, or because of times when you chose to use your diaper even though you probably could have made it on time. 

2. Belief that incontinence due to unpotty training is less legitimate than incontinence due to a medical problem. 

3. Discouragement from people who say you can’t become incontinent from unpotty training. (Yes you absolutely can!) 

4. Having dry spells where your bladder control inexplicably improves. 

5.  Fear of going to the doctors of the ER in a diaper.  

6. Self doubt and insecurity about being an ABDL. 

7.  Not wanting the chase to end. 

Anyways I’m very curious how “acceptance” has played a role if at all in other people’s journeys.  For those who’ve been at this for a while and/or have found success, do you see yourself as incontinent? What psychological barriers did you overcome? Did anything change for you once you accepted it? 

Edit: I changed the title to be more descriptive and I fixed some grammar 

Didn't have a choice. nco just happened. Had to accept it whether I wanted to or not. Thankfully, I was already predisposed to wearing diapers and plastics, so it was more of a dream come true. Do I wish otherwise at times? Yes. But it won't happen. After 25 years of 24/7 diapers, it becomes part of your daily routine. No longer a big deal and have no problem informing those who need to know. Don't go out of my way to hide them either. You may see various plastics hanging while drying as well as cloth diapers drying on the shower bar. You may smell those nasty disposables in the trash. Heck... You may even see them rolled up in the trash can. Welcome to my world.

5 hours ago, Enthusi said:

I can imagine situations where a non abdl would prefer a printed diaper, especially if they were trying to rid of the association of diapers as Granny Panties.”  

That said… I personally prefer plain  white diapers because I don’t need the prints and I don’t want to pay extra.   Also I don’t want to draw too much attention to my diaper when I’m out and about.  

Oh and medical diapers often have wetness indicators which is useful when you aren’t sure how wet you are.  

Great!  To be honest it’s been a blur.  I wet myself a few times during diaper changes and when I was airing out. Yet  I rationalized that I could’ve held it if I tried a little harder. 

But then…  this past I went on a quick car ride with an abdl friend and I wasn’t diapered because we just got done swimming in a lake and we were looking for somewhere private to change but it was taking forever and I accidentally peed myself in the backseat of his car.  Luckily he had a put a changing pad down. I even told him ahead of time it won’t be needed. But he insisted and I wasn’t in the mood to argue.  Honestly it’s been a mind screw. I feel really bad about relieving myself in the backseat of his car.  But I am glad he insisted on putting a changing pad down. And he wasn’t surprised in the slightest that I had an accident. 

Like I said. It’s all a big blur.

Hows your untraining going? 

I am not working on it right now as I can only wear when out of the house.  Once I get my own place I will work on that part of my life.

12 hours ago, Wet Knight said:

An incontinent adult would wear a plain nappy.

Wearing a 'Kiddy printed' one probably doesn't help an adult 'seeing themself as incontinent', because they're not a 'Kiddy'

This is absolutely untrue and tbh a little stigmatizing. 

I know of a few incontinent adults on this forum and others that have talked about how they started as incotinent and were drawn to the ABDL side of things as away to cope. “Kiddy” printed diapers have no bearing on whether you “see yourself as incontient.”

I happen to know someone who is incontinent IRL who sees “plain white adult diapers” as the “tighty-whiteys” of the diaper realm. They use them, but they also have a selection of printed/ colored diapers just to have variety (and theyre not ABDL, nor is their spouse, though they certainly don’t judge anyone who is).    

• Thanks 1