LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else find that as you progress your benchmark for “normal” continence and hygiene has been skewed?

It’s hard to put into words exactly what I’m getting at.  But as I’ve unpotty trained, things sometimes happen that aren’t a big deal to me and so I forget that they are a huge deal if they happened to “normal” People.    Obligatory disclaimer: You don’t need to remind me or the internet that normal is a social construct, or that normal is a spectrum, or that normal is based on culture, or that being normal is boring.  I think that’s obvious to all of us here.  ?

Here are some recent examples of what I mean:

- (Active adults don’t accidentally poop their pants. Or if they do it’s a fluke).  I’m not seeking bowel incontinence, but I wear 24/7 and am incontinent of urine and I do mess a lot.  Recently I accidentally messed myself while driving to work.  It just sort of happened and I shrugged it off.

- (A drop or two of urine is enough to make most people wash their clothes and linens).  The other day leaked on the bed.  My vanilla, albeit supportive wife was visibly upset at me and was further enraged when I tried to reassure that it was just a tiny bit of pee and it will dry, no need to fuss.  

- (Most people are confident they won’t have an accident at any given time).  This one really blew my mind.  My brother knows I am incontinent and an ABDL.  I asked him how confident he was that he could stay dry for the next 8 hours.  He said about 100% sure he can make it 8 hours without pissing his pants and seemed surprised that I was surprised.  

- (Most people can go on a day trip without a diaper bag).  We recently visited this one vacation island that’s popular with locals.  I couldn’t help but notice how few people had backpacks or any other bags for that matter.  I of course had my diaper bag with me. 

I am sure there’s way more. But these are some examples that came to mind.  

I’d love to hear other people’s stories of times when they were taken aback by normal continent muggles. 

• Enthusi changed the title to Anyone else find that as you progress your benchmark for “normal” continence and hygiene has been skewed?

Good question.  I thought about this, here are a couple:

I am desensitized to minor leaks:  It seems some degree of leakage with nappies is inevitable.  I’m a lot better than I used to be and for many nappies, there is zero leakage.  My habit of only using TWO high capacity nappies per day however does mean that I’m on occasion pushing the envelope.  A leak of a couple of drops here or there (in bed or perhaps on the back of my jeans) is something I will disregard.   My partner’s default position is that ANY degree of pee seepage requires flame-thrower-therapy.

I am not in any way bothered being wet down there:  Back in the days when this was a topic of marital discussion, my beloved wondered how I could stand being in a wet nappy all day.  The simple fact is that I’m usually oblivious to it.  It doesn’t occur to me that I’m wet unless I stop and think about it.

For some things for me, nappies are a practical, if not physiological necessity:  A recent road trip saw us make a 4 hour drive.  My wife was fine.  I’d used my nappies on multiple occasions in the car.  Without nappies, I would have had to have pulled of the freeway at least two or three times which would have been difficult or even dangerous.

I am not unhappy (yet) at having become a bed-wetter:  All tests are in and it’s official.  I will regularly pee in my sleep now whether I want to or not.  My beloved expressed early horror that I might “damage myself” in such a way after going 24/7 (and to this day, I have not told her that my night nappies are no longer discretionary).  On the face of it, she would seem to be correct.  This is a fairly serious life limitation to have inflicted upon myself.  And yet strangely, it isn’t a big deal to me.

I also find that over time I've become desensitized as well. Having an ABDL wife makes this painless for me. Leaking in bed? Not a problem. Drying damp cloth nappies next to the window? Not a problem. Room smelling like diaper when you have a few dirty diapers stacked up ready for the bin? Not a problem. Crinkling loudly wherever I go? Encouraged! 

I don't think I could (or would) go back to a normal continent muggle life again. 

• Like 1