LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheters

If I wear a catheter for a period of time… will it eventually lead to reduced ability to hold onto it naturally?

Possibly lead to bed wetting :) … or maybe even day time accidents ?

my plan is to put one in and then wear a nappy and just let it fill the nappy for maybe a few weeks :)… 

anyone any stories or ? 

Catheters cannot reduce continence. The longer a catheter is left in the bladder, the higher chances are of a UTI especially diapered. Urine is naturally sterile but once it leaves the body and comes in contact with your skin especially near your anus, bacteria will grow. Leaving a catheter in overnight or even if you lay down on your back for several hours could allow bacteria to travel into your bladder. Sanitation should be your top priority. If you must cath, only do so for 12 hours tops. 

I bet that would help. I would still advise drinking cranberry juice a couple times a day if it’s going to be left in for that long.

• Like 1

I experimented with catheters for awhile, it lead to a UTI and and incredible level of discomfort and pain.  The catheter itself was just really uncomfortable and while it was really neat to have no control and soaked diapers, ultimately it wasn't worth it.  

I have done multiple 7 day runs with a cath in draining in to a diaper and have had no issues with it u need to drink lots of water and cranberry juice to try not to get a uti. 

One thing I have noticed is for me is that it does make my bladder a bit smaller. And to your question for catheters for reducing your control can be a yes and no answer it can depend on lots of factors like the size of the cath time with cath in staying relaxed keeping the sphincters open after u take out the cath. For me after I take out my cath when I do a 7 day run I can't tell when im going 60% of the time for like a day or so but your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1

I have really bad spasms and I know all of the warnings and have read all of the horror stories about catheters.   I decided a couple of years ago to try it.  I have had two UTIs since, but I wear pretty regularly a foley and let it drain into my diaper.  It really helps minimize the spasms and provides me a lot of relief.  I tried bags and they just are awkward and when they leak, holy shit.  When I take it out I know for a fact my capacity is much less and that is ok.  I just want to avoid the cramps and spasms.  I find it works for me and yes, lots of water.

• Like 1