LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bowel/bladder spasms later in life?

Hi there,

I am not looking for medical advice but I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience. I have been wearing protective underwear for about three months due to functional incontinence but I’ve noticed something strange recently. I’ve noticed that sometimes I have a small involuntary bowel movement and sometimes urination that almost feels like a muscle spasm. The reason I’m confused is that I have never experienced this until now. I know that cerebral palsy involves muscle spasms but this is unexpected. Has anyone with cerebral palsy developed this in their 20’s? My instinct tells me my body might be becoming more spastic as I age but I’m still confused.

I get bowel and bladder spasms as well. Mine are from back injury related issues. Mine seem to get set off by two things and sometimes a combination of them. One is I do not get much warning for the need to go to the bathroom. So I try to hold too hard trying to make it and my muscles will start to spasm and leak and I tighten more to hold on. Then when I get there and try to relaxe to go it locks closed. With enough pain to put me on the floor at times. It will finally let up enough to go in a painful spastic spurts.

The bowel does simular till my body forces the release.

Doctors wanted to do dilation of both muscle groups to try and relaxe everything. But by the time they got done explaining the procedures and that I would need my diapers for # 1 and 2 for three days to two weeks. That's if no injury to the muscles. I told them I would try dilate butt with small toys first. No use in letting them have all the fun as l would have been sedated.. Over time I have learn when things are tighting up, if I do that it helps alot. Oh and I can't orgasm while doing that. It's about relaxing and minor stretching. It's seems to help my bladder as well. 

23 hours ago, Anonymous12 said:

confused

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about CP or other neurological neuromuscular health issues before spending some quality time on an elimination diet ( if you went to a doctor that's where they would typically start to rule in or out causeitive and or compounding confounding agents 

Get rid of all known bladder irritants. 

Alcohol 

Caffeine 

Coffee 

Tea

Soda pop 

Pop has both caffeine and carbonation (carbonic acid ) those little bubbles can.really piss you off .

Start eliminating them a week at a time until they have all been ruled in or out as causes or contributing factors .

They are all known bladder irritants and diuretic in nature  becoming sensitive or more sensitive can happen at anytime even in."normal " healthy individuals .

I don't have CP (but I am a hot mess " in 1000 other ways ,I have helped my neighbors caregiver "work it " he has CP .

So if you see a doctor and they chances will want to try elimination diets and food journals to look for triggers ,you can help yourself by starting now ,you may "cure it" or u may end at Urologist either way they have a ton more information to try and help you then 99 percent of patients have coming through the door ,good luck let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

I do wish diet would fix my spasms. Tried it for awhile but doctors said that since I get spasms in all my muscles and even my diaphragm. Not much left that's fixable. But I'm down to 133lbs, ya. If I loose more I will need suspenders to hold my pull-ups or diapers up. ?.  I went back to tea and water, rarely anything else

53 minutes ago, steve in diaps said:

I do wish diet would fix my spasms. Tried it for awhile but doctors said that since I get spasms in all my muscles and even my diaphragm. Not much left that's fixable. But I'm down to 133lbs, ya. If I loose more I will need suspenders to hold my pull-ups or diapers up. ?.  I went back to tea and water, rarely anything else

If diet modification didn't help ,have you considered paralysing it with Botox ?that's assuming you have nerve and muscle control to Cath ? They wouldn't let me within a country mile of Botox ,but have friends who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread ( am dependent on aide for cathing diapering etc )doctors get real paranoid about Botox if you can't Cath independently for me if something comes up and I am not cathed my bladder will spas and destroy a diaper ,they want my bladder able to do that versus total catheter dependence that can destroy organs .

I'm not fond of caths, last one hurt for two weeks after they yanked it out. OUCH. Mine is mostly spinal nerve issues. So when things tighten up I try to take time and stretch my butt, seems to help both. Doctors are OK with that, but think they should be the ones doing it.  I think they might get too much enjoyment at my expense. I don't have the best control now. They also mentioned if the muscles were to pop or tear that might stop the spasms.  But then I would need diapers all the time. Right now it pull-ups day and night and diapers as needed. The last long term was three months after bypass surgery. Just hard to do the stretching by myself and relaxe at the same time. 

I don’t know about spasms but I have noticed since I turned 40 that there are plenty of times I go pee, I am 100% confident I am empty and somehow still end up with a dribble down my leg when I zip up. I think a lot of my problem is due to almost 20 years in the military and long convoys and of course holding it too long waiting for the inevitable random  drug test every drill  weekend for the past 5 years ?

I know I'm going to hate the answer and I avoided asking earlier.  So I understand what Botox does or at least I think I do. Not to sound too ignorant,  but where do they stick the needle ? Im sure that since my last catheter YANK OUT that this needle idea must be way more fun. 2nd question is if it paralyzes the muscles how do you pee and poop? Just asking because when I'm in spasm I can't go #1 or2 or both until things get relaxed. Almost afraid of the second answer. Last time to the hospital they mentioned a cath and decided diapers would work.

They do a cystoscopy some scopes have retractable instruments .so the camera crew goes in your urethra with there swiss army knife out comes the needle and they start injecting Botox directly into bladder from the inside ( usually it's patient choice on awake or asleep,it depends on your wishes and anxiety level) it takes a few weeks for the Botox to peak once it does no bladder spasms & no urination ,you would insert a catheter to urinate ,your bowels would function normaly ,your urologist of course would have to determine weather the bladder was causing the issue ,and if Botox could provide relief,I am in a power chair so drain bags and such ain't a problem but they do have leg bags and belly bags or some people just use extension tubing and toilets or urinal .now  the catch with Botox is injecting it in the right places at the right dosage ,unless your doc has a crystal ball finding the right place and dose I trial and error .bad experiences with catheters are common ,when you are driving it's not as bad ,I self cathed every 4 hours for 10 years before teaching my aide how to do it ,now they do the changing and cathing my only required participation is laying there .also if you have alot of discomfort should you need to cath use Lidocaine jelly as your lube ,painless once you get used to it you could shove a dry telephone poll In and not think twice .

There is no such thing as ignorance around here ,we share be it love of kink,knowledge,moral support etc   it's all good here ,ask anything ,the hive knowledge of B & B somebody has experience with it .

Oh NO ? that's not gonna happen. And if it doesn't help with bowel spasms not sure how it would help me. The telephone pole doesn't sound like fun either. I just hope what I'm doing keeps working as the options don't sound like much fun.

When talking catheters a telephone pole is a 30 FR they are very very rarely used  these days because doctors and anyone who has ever had one consider them torture ,the everyday catheter I use is like an 18 FR .most people do fine with 16-18 FR .your draining a bladder not trying to fill a swimming pool . If you don't know catheters are measured in French a 12 Fr is considered a pediatric catheter . In case of trouble I have everything from pediatric to telephone pole in the house ,I am considered an expert in catheters so if I couldn't get one in and couldn't drain urine it would frighten the urology nurses ,so my doc avoids that ,if I can't cath or empty we start at pediatric and keep trying till we get one in,and I leave it in for 2 weeks when my doc scopes me ,if my prostate is behaving I go back to intermittent cathing ,if not he places another indwelling for another 2 weeks till he scopes me again. 

In many cases bowel problems are related to urinary problems ,solve one you solve both. But it takes time to test and diagnose and since there's more stuff  that can go wrong with urinary system components that's were the hunt begins .

It's 1:35 am. I will be thinking about this all night. I had to ask.  As I think about it the doctors never did say how they stretch the bladder muscles for the spasms just told me about the bowel part. I'm really glad I didn't ask. I think I will deal with it till I'm force to change plans.  The idea of paralyzing the bladder and then sticking a cath in to drain it kinda sucks. Since I have spinal nerve issues after doing that my luck I would still have spasms. And I thought the doctor lost his mind when he told me how they could stretch my bowel muscles. 

Informed consent is the backbone of medical care ,and some doctors go full shock & awe in explaining what three going to do well you get the "good drugs"

I'll never forget after a brutal colonoscopy ,the doc is telling me  what he found and he tells me I have a "tortured colon" to which I said " you play tourist for a half hour and say. That  !,try owning the damn thing "

Yes dark sick sense of humor is my specialty.

And having a tortured colon was the best of the diagnosis that day ,however it sounds very dramatic 

Last time I woke up after surgery they explained they had a problem putting the cath in and had to use a larger one. It looked bigger than a soda straw. Maybe my imagination. I had ask for a diaper but was told they couldn't use that for surgery. So they go to pull it out I felt a tug and it didn't ? move. The nurse said we have to get it out ! I explained I didn't put it there and didn't want one in the first place. A few more tugs and nothing.  She gave it a very hard tug and it popped out and I was left in pain and bleeding. Was told how sorry they were. Then they put me in diapers.  Seems the spasms are worse since then. ?

Wouldn't you think that using botox to paralyze the bladder in the open or a relaxed state would be better and just use external cath?  I would still need bowel  protection.