LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kindle Vella - new thing from Amazon

Did other people who had published on Kindle get this email?

Looks similar to pay-by-the-piece on Patreon, and I could see it working given many people won’t give Patreon a chance because it’s one more thing to sign up for. But most people are already signed up for Amazon. 

As a writer of 100+ chapter stories, I think I’ll give it a try.

A10A605E-86DD-4EB6-ADC3-0C0680566556.jpeg.862feb6f6ccf55d3fa74ba66879f8bdb.jpeg

I do hope they have some sort of rule enforcement. The number of single part, one paragraph "chapters" of stories I have seen is depressingly large, and will make finding worthwhile stories even harder if Amazon clogs up with abandoned crap.

40 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I do hope they have some sort of rule enforcement. The number of single part, one paragraph "chapters" of stories I have seen is depressingly large, and will make finding worthwhile stories even harder if Amazon clogs up with abandoned crap.

The chapters have to be 600-5000 words, and the first few chapters have to be free. I think that will keep out much of the crap.

But there's a market for crap and a market for gold. As a supplier of the latter (not that I'm conceited ?), I don't worry so much about the former. I don't the people who like that stuff are likely to pay for it anyway.

Yes there is a market for crap, and to be honest there are times when I want to read crap. It's the unfinished crap that really annoys me, and the illiterate crap. 

I just have a feeling that this will quickly invite that sort of crap. 

People will quickly add 100 word disclaimers, 100 words of "ads" for their other books, websites, blogs, and whatever. And when you finally find the "story" it's a couple incoherent paragraphs that are plotless and just stop.

Can you tell I've already read a lot of crap on Amazon Unlimited?

To be fair, it's the internet, and there's no professional editors in self publishing unless an author hires and editor themselves. That's pretty pricey, so a lot of authors self-edit. (or just don't edit at all), so it's no surprise there's an abundance of crap. :) Happens everywhere, not just Amazon and not just ABDL stories. It can be frustrating hunting for quality stories to read (I feel that lol!), but the free previews make it easy get a view of the writing quality. 

• Like 1