LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What are the reasons people don't stick to 24/7 wearing to achieve incontinence?

17 minutes ago, Goerge said:

I've read many decelerations about people attempting going 24/7 but their threads mainly frizzle out.

What are the reasons for this?

There could be a lot of different answers to this one.

One being once they go full time they find that it does nothing for them any longer.  And the up keep can be hard on them.

Cost as well has a lot to do with it.  As premium diapers are not cheap.

I will let others chime in as well.

• Like 1

My many- start and go 24/7 nappy wearing endeavours- failures - was down to not getting acceptance and how I would be judged. But since I went 24/7 I have found people don't judge me. I was so scared about being found out wearing nappies but wanting to wear and be IC was a big part of my life. I'm still missing out on being truly IC but I feel accepted in my group home. nappies, I'm apart of the people here for being me and they accept me, nappies and all. We hardly mention nappies.

When I was here 10 years ago I had no support, No family support. A overwhelming, intense desire to hurt myself to become IC. (look at my past threads) This consumed my life and I was googling and doing things to make myself to make me IC. Things are better now. I don't want to have intense thoughts about incontinence and achieving this anymore and these thoughts were extreme. An obsession. But if need be I would still hurt myself to make myself truly IC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Goerge said:

I've read many decelerations about people attempting going 24/7 but their threads mainly frizzle out.

What are the reasons for this?

It’s a good question.

I think the answer is that they quickly discover that it’s not as convenient as it sounds, life gets in the way of it or, it’s just not to their taste.  As the saying goes, sometimes it’s the “wanting” more than the “having”.

I’m not surprised that many people try 24/7 diapering and rapidly give it up.  I’d be more surprised if that were NOT the case.

What DOES surprise me a little is the people who declare that that are henceforth, irreversibly 24/7, go ahead and set themselves all sorts of deliverables and milestones then hang their head when they “fail” at them.  I’ve never quite understood why something that is supposed to make people feel better gets twisted into something to make them feel worse.

If 24/7 makes me miserable on a sustained basis (not counting occasional, temporary annoyances), I’d give it away tomorrow.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, oznl said:

What DOES surprise me a little is the people who declare that that are henceforth, irreversibly 24/7, go ahead and set themselves all sorts of deliverables and milestones then hang their head when they “fail” at them.  I’ve never quite understood why something that is supposed to make people feel better gets twisted into something to make them feel worse.

I believe the reason is they feel shame in it more then desire.  They want it but their subconscious is getting to them in ways we can not understand.  Like you said above it gets in the way of their daily life.  Like some who want to go 24/7 are young still and still finding their way in life.  And it hinders relationships at some point.

I also believe that for some the cleanup can be a pain.  Like if they go full on IC both dual IC I mean.  And for some it is appealing though once they do it and see how much work goes into it.  They then decide not to do it.  And get upset that they even tried it.  Or upset or what ever it is called.

I know it all comes down to emotions and if they are not fully at a emotional state of wanting it.  Then it will disappear and they will feel gilt.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I believe the reason is they feel shame in it more then desire.  They want it but their subconscious is getting to them in ways we can not understand.  Like you said above it gets in the way of their daily life.  Like some who want to go 24/7 are young still and still finding their way in life.  And it hinders relationships at some point.

I also believe that for some the cleanup can be a pain.  Like if they go full on IC both dual IC I mean.  And for some it is appealing though once they do it and see how much work goes into it.  They then decide not to do it.  And get upset that they even tried it.  Or upset or what ever it is called.

I know it all comes down to emotions and if they are not fully at a emotional state of wanting it.  Then it will disappear and they will feel gilt.

Emotions play a big part indeed. Most IC desires can't follow through with achieving IC as they don't accept themselves. Once you accept yourself it makes it easier to go 24/7 and not care what other people think and I think people around them will accept them as being disabled and IC anyway. There is nothing wrong with being IC. Its just peoples perceptions.

I feared it for years but now my IC is accepted, its apart of me and people like me for me. IC or not. I can say it isn't a problem for me but circumstances are different for some people. I like in supported housing where is more accepted I suppose.

But I truly think IC or faking IC and wearing 24/7 isn't a big social black hole as most people think. 

• Like 1

I think for some, every day life gets in the way. They might have the desire but are not ready for 24/7. 

However I'm a devotee,  I never would think of not wearing a diaper.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, oznl said:

It’s a good question.

I think the answer is that they quickly discover that it’s not as convenient as it sounds, life gets in the way of it or, it’s just not to their taste.  As the saying goes, sometimes it’s the “wanting” more than the “having”.

Story time!  A few years ago I was at an amusement park with my siblings. They are both vanilla but know I’m 24/7 because I’m blessed to have cool sibs, I guess.

Anyways, I distinctly remember them joking with me before we went about how convenient it would be to wear diapers at an amusement park so you don’t have to use gross bathrooms or get stressed in long lines.  

Fast forward to the end of the day at the park. They were shocked at just how inconvenient it was.  For starters I decided to lug my backpack (diaper bag) around rather than rent a locker.  But there was hardly any room for their stuff.  Second it was hot. Bad day for thick padding. Third, my thighs were chaffing from the diaper and by the end I was basically waddling. Lastly they forgot that I STILL had to stop at the gross bathrooms for diaper changes. 

I think their naïveté about the 24/7 lifestyle and their response put things into perspective about the degree of inconvenience in all of it. 

16 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

There could be a lot of different answers to this one.

One being once they go full time they find that it does nothing for them any longer.  And the up keep can be hard on them.

Cost as well has a lot to do with it.  As premium diapers are not cheap.

I will let others chime in as well.

Going 24/7 kind of turns the diapers into a liability.