LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This sidebar on more popular posts is giving me problems.

So semi-recently a sidebar has been showing up on the side of posts showing stats and stuff about the topic, this is good and all except for the fact that I hate it, lol.

This is the side bar I'm talking about so we're all on the same page

Screenshot_20210324_220525.png

Alright, now the reason I hate this is because I am visually impaired, allow me to explain.

I frequently read stories on the story section of the site, however because I'm visually impaired the default size of the text is too small for me to read comfortably. Usually I just zoom the page in to make the text more readable, which worked perfectly, until this sidebar showed up.

Here's an example of the page zoomed in with the sidebar:

Screenshot_20210324_220509.png

Notice how the text is all smooshed together and kinda ackward to read?

Now here's the exact same page zoomed in the exact same amount with the sidebar forcibly removed via an adblocker

Screenshot_20210324_220449.png

This is actually readable and the text is the size I'd expect it to be. Now you might be thinking, alright problem solved, just run the adblocker with the sidebar removed. That would work perfectly, except the adblocker removes far more than just that sidebar, it removes all sidebars along with a bunch of other features of the site.

I could enable and disable the adblocker manually, which is what I've been doing, but I figure since this is an accessibility issue that I might aswell explain my issue here and maybe something will come of it.

I'm not familiar with the forum software and how much of it is customizable but here are some theoretical solutions I've thought of.

1. Being able to turn off the sidebar on actual posts and not the main page (similar to how you can toggle signatures)

2. Being able to click a button to remove the sidebar for posts and not the main page

3. making the statistics sidebar on posts removed by default with an option to expand them with a click of a button. (I don't think most people actually benefit from the stats sidebar being shown by default anyway)

So yeah, there's my 2cents about the new-ish statistics sidebar added to more popular posts.

• kasarberang changed the title to This sidebar on more popular posts is giving me problems.

You should be able to adjust the text size in your browser witha Zoom functions. Some allow text-only zoom. This is true in FireFox You may be able to zoom beyond 100% FireFox and Edge also have "Colors" that let you select the text and background so that you can use darkfeield; light text on dark BG This has been known to be easier on the eyes for over half a century and why all UI's do not have that option, I have no ideas though some apps are offering "dark" themes, such as Audacity

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Little Christine said:

You should be able to adjust the text size in your browser witha Zoom functions. Some allow text-only zoom. This is true in FireFox You may be able to zoom beyond 100% FireFox and Edge also have "Colors" that let you select the text and background so that you can use darkfeield; light text on dark BG This has been known to be easier on the eyes for over half a century and why all UI's do not have that option, I have no ideas though some apps are offering "dark" themes, such as Audacity

Text zoom does basically the same thing, it makes the text bigger but it looks all squished with the sidebar there.

I have a custom dark-theme as is demonstrated by the pictures, I use "Dark Reader" for Firefox, makes things much easier.

7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Weird, I have never seen that sidebar before. When I visited that post I get the sidebar, but my usual control to move/remove blocks isn't there.

That's unfortunate, I only started seeing it about a month or so ago, I think it came with an update to the software you use. If you can't do anything about it than that's fine, just thought maybe you could. Kinda unfortunate that you can't change it even if you wanted to though.

So, I fixed it, I just got a friend to make me a small firefox extension that removes the sidebar on URLS that contain "https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/" and not in anything else. Unfortunately I can't offer it to anyone else, but for me the problem is solved.

• Like 2