LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Sizing?

LonesomeLamp

Question

According to the ABU website, I should buy some medium sized ones, as my pant size is 32x32. However, ABU is currently out of mediums for the Simple style diapers. Checking my pants size against my body, there’s an extra inch or two around my waist, but they get tight around my hips. According to ABU, I still need mediums. And on top of that, I hear here and there that diaper sizes aren’t exactly accurate/reliable nor even consistent for several companies.

So basically what my question boils down to is what approach should I take at this?

I might be able to squeeze into a small. Small might even end up being the right size for me. But if they’re not and I can’t, I won’t be able to tape it around me and everything will likely become a mess.

If I go with a large, I’ll definitely be able to get into it, but it’ll come with the obvious downfalls of it being too big. If I can’t get the tapes tight enough, I’ll have to wear additional clothing over it to keep it from falling (also my solution if I go smaller and can’t get it taped up). And again, likely another mess can/will be made.

Of course, the preferred solutions would be to either wait until they have the correct size in or buy another type that they do have that size in stock.

I’m most likely not going to go with a larger size. When I tried the one that once, it seemed like it may have been a tad too big, granted I did put it on wrong. After it was on and I got moving around, it seemed about right, though not 100%. According to the ABU scale, I’m at the bottom end of the medium range (it starts at 31, I’m at 32).

I guess I could just buy a sample of the small and see if I can fit inside (now I think about it, I’ll do that), but I’m wanting to hear what you all have to say about this. Are the ABU sizes accurate enough to be called reliable? If I end up needing to go medium (likely), if they don’t get mediums of the simples, what’s the next best choice? I’m not aiming for scented or designs or anything fancy. Just something I’ll throw on under my everyday clothes and forget about.

*EDIT*

Looking at the chart again, they forgot to include 30” into the size chart lmao. This puts me at three inches beyond the small size. I’ll stick with medium, but I’m still curious at my original questions.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Just FYI... ABU Simple Ultra/PeekABU are somewhat smaller than their main products.

When going by the published size range, avoid going towards the extreme edge.  You already have the right idea: go for the size where you fit near the middle of the range. For example if small says fits 24 to 32 inch waist, it's not really going to fit 32" well at all.  You'll barely get the tapes on.  Now, if medium says fits 28 to 36 and you're a 32, then you fall right in the middle and it should fit decently.

Rip. I decided to get a medium sample of the simple ultra. I’m gonna have to really try to be able to make it leak, but I will try >:) 

I figured since the small’s median size was a full six inches smaller than me, I’d most likely not fit in it.

• Like 1