LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Transitioning from Pull Up Diapers to Briefs

Elsie

Hi everyone.  So far I have only worn underwear-style diapers.  I've decided to try briefs again.  In the past when I tried them, I just couldn't get them to fit right, and always gave up.  So, I've ordered several samples and will try again.

Today is ABU Simple Ultra.  It has a LOT room underneath.  If I were to wet in them, I think there would be a inch or 2 drop before the pee actually hit the diaper!  So, I've put a folded cloth baby diaper in.  I want to see if this is the right thing to do, and also if you do put a stuffer in the diaper, do you put that in first before you've taped it up?  Of course I already had taped mine so had to sort of snake the diaper carefully in and around.  

Thank you for any guidance to help with figuring this out.

You can get chucks to go in the diaper. I always put them in first and pinch the diaper between my legs while applying the tape. I also sometimes wear pullups inside of the briefs. I like the extra padding.

Thank you everyone who has replied.  The diaper was ABU "Simple Ultra."  

I ordered size Large (37"-42").  My hips are 42" and waist 39". I was undecided about Large vs XLarge but my vanity won out and I went with Large.  The tapes just barely made it to landing zone.  Maybe I wasn't able to get it correctly fastened because it was too small (?). 

I will take WetDad's advice and try JUST the diaper without throwing in too many variables.  

Thank you everyone!

Overall, once you perfect your sizing and diapering, you will be more secure and confident in a wet diaper as opposed to a wet pull up. I wear diapers all the time to work, wet during the day, and no one has a clue, unless they notice a brief "glassy stare" when I wet!?

Agreed once you find the diaper that you can trust (Betterdry or Crinklz) for me it makes a world of difference when dealing with a bladder issue.  I have also had great results with the Tykables cammies and Rearz new Hybrid diaper.  Unfortunately there can be a lot of trial and errors when selecting a proper fitting diaper but once you find the right one you will find a taped diaper is the easiest way to manage your IC issue vrs a pull-up (easier to change, more absorbent and more comfortable). 

If the nappy is fitted right, there shouldn't be an "inch or two drop" when you wet it. It shouldn't be excessively tight, as it needs some room to absorb, but you should have that nice running water feeling around your intimate area as you let it flow!

I have tried numerous brands and for me, maybe because of the cut they use or the size measurements, Tykables are the only ones that don't leak for me unless I want them to.  I can fill the Tykable all the way, but all the other brands leak before they are full for me.  Best just try different brands.