LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Are Cheaper In The Us Than Canada

My hubby and i just went across the border into Washington to meet up with my parents for Mothers Day brunch. While we were there, we decided to check out Walgreens for some diapers as years ago i remember buying them a lot cheaper there than back at home. Just a quick price comparison, Walgreens brand is 10.99 regular price for an 18 pack of their large fitted briefs the cheapest store brand here is 16.99. Even with the exchange rate that's a savings of about $4.50 CAD a pack.

On top of that, they had all the old style (plastic backed) 18 packs on for sale at $4.99 a pack, i'm guessing they were cleaning out the stock of the old style to make room for the "new and improved". We grabbed the last 3 bags they had, and i was almost tempted to drive another 10 miles south to the next Walgreens to see if they had a similar sale.

Coming back across the border the guard asked what the value of goods was, and with our grocery shopping (Cheese is also a quarter of the price there), i just said about $50 US. He asked me to put the car in park and pop the trunk another guard had a look through, but said nothing and waved us on. I'm kinda curious if they had an interesting conversation after left...

So anyway, we'll see how the "New and Improved" ones work in the future, and probably just stock up while across the border for the savings.

*hugs*

michelle

Except when you factor in the price of gas it took to get down there and back you might not have saved quite as much. Apparently we have the most expensive gas in all of North America! Aren't we special! :rolleyes:

True, going just for diapers probably wouldn't be very economical, but since i was driving by the Walgreens anyway :) Also factor in that we rent cars when we need them, to save money on diapers i'd have to fill the car with them :)

Gas was $1.30 a liter when we left this morning, it was $1.25 when we came back, but we filled up down in the US for about $1.01/liter CAD ($3.59/Gal USD), so we even saved a bit of money there.

*huggles*

michelle

Gas was $1.30 a liter when we left this morning, it was $1.25 when we came back, but we filled up down in the US for about $1.01/liter CAD ($3.59/Gal USD), so we even saved a bit of money there.

You North American people should try UK petrol (not gas :D) prices on for size:

Average in my location is currently £0.965p/litre = £3.65/gallon

Converted by today's exchange rates, that's CAD$2.13/litre and USD$7.23/gallon. Now that's expensive!! (And you wonder why we drive small cars?) That said, at least our prices don't go up by 50% in the summer :P

Gasoline/Petrol prices are largely influenced by taxes. There are some pretty hefty taxes on it. Everybody wants a cut of the pie and the government gets to make the rules so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that everybody buys fuel and they have a steady stream of income for their social programs. If they only used the taxes for road improvement, that would be fine. At least the users would be footing their own bill.

That's why I ride motorcycle. I get 40+mpg and have a royal blast doing it. I can ride it like I stole it and never drop below 40mpg. My saddlebags are big enough for a bag of diapers each, too!

The biggest problem with the Walgreen diapers is that you get what you pay for.

So far, i have to agree. i tried one last night and on the first wetting it leaked a bit out the side and the way it felt, i didn't think it could take anymore so i changed right away. The Zellers store brand ones are way better than that and seem to handle a second wetting, and no leaks so far. I do like the soft plastic on the outside of the walgreens one though.

What would you suggest i try? All we can get around here is store brand and Depends. i'd do an online order, but i don't know what's good.

Thanks in advance and *hugs*

michelle

Unfortunately we seem to have fewer options in Canada. You might try the Abriform X-Plus from B4NS. The company has a good reputation and the X-Plus are one of the better diapers we can get here.

B4NS

Bambino Diapers is looking for Canadian distribution, so we may be able to order those online soon, too.

In the meantime, you can get Attends 10 at some medical supply stores here in Vancouver. They're the best of the more commercial brands.

Unfortunately we seem to have fewer options in Canada. You might try the Abriform X-Plus from B4NS. The company has a good reputation and the X-Plus are one of the better diapers we can get here.

B4NS

Bambino Diapers is looking for Canadian distribution, so we may be able to order those online soon, too.

Wonderful, i'll check out B4NS and i saw the Bambino ones online, i'd love to try those. Usually i have US only shippers send stuff to my parents post office box in the states, but somehow i just don't feel comfortable with this item going there ;)

In the meantime, you can get Attends 10 at some medical supply stores here in Vancouver. They're the best of the more commercial brands.

Odd, i never even thought to try the medical supply stores, thanks for the heads up. *hugs*

Attends are better, go to attends.com and click on where to buy, there is an option for Canada.

Abriform X Plus are even better, search online for them.

Thanks, i'll try tracking them down. *hugs*

michelle