LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to tackle *BDL in a story that’s not confined to the niche

I’ve been playing around with a concept of tackling the subject of diaperism in a manner that’s at least palpable to Outsiders. My question is... does presenting it as an Ed Wood homage (complete with a narrator in a haunted house) hurt or help it? The “height” of his career didn’t churn out any high quality movies, but boy were they entertaining!

Where would the line have to be drawn between taking the plot too seriously and making fun of the source material?

I'm struggling to follow what your question is. 

Are you talking about making a story for non-ABDL people that includes ABDL elements? 

Or making a story for ABDL readers that is primarily not about ABDL stuff? 

What would the plot be? How does Ed Wood come into it? What 'source material' would you even be making fun of?!

If I'm reading this right, you want to make an ABDL story  for non-ABDL readers.  

And frankly, I've done beta-reading with non-ABDL's, and no matter how you gently or slowly you ease it into the story, involving diapers is a shock to their system.   

• Like 1

Well... it’s kinda hard to telegraph; it’s really more of something asking for acceptance of the community and not having us be portrayed as monsters and freaks.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, PeculiarChangeling said:

What would the plot be? How does Ed Wood come into it? What 'source material' would you even be making fun of?!

I tend to have a thing for bad movies. I was thinking that maybe giving it the trappings of a Z-grade movie would make it less boring than just a long sermon.

14 hours ago, DLClayMongoose said:

Well... it’s kinda hard to telegraph; it’s really more of something asking for acceptance of the community and not having us be portrayed as monsters and freaks.

I tend to have a thing for bad movies. I was thinking that maybe giving it the trappings of a Z-grade movie would make it less boring than just a long sermon.

How's this for perspective?

Since you mentioned sermon. Pretend ABDL is a religion.  You want people to be more accepting of your religion (if not join it outright).  What's going to be more persuasive and seem less crazy?  Writing a Chick Tract (sp?), something that's obviously pro-your religion propaganda?  Or just writing a really good story with it's own literary merit that might have a character that happens to be ABDL.

What's more persuasive?  A secular piece that has a religious character or a religious piece ala "God's Not Dead" that uplifts the people who already think like you do and bends over backwards to portray the mainstream as intolerant and backwards.

And no, that's not what I'm accusing you of doing something like that or even having those views.  But if you're really trying to give something "broad" appeal, you have to write it like it's not for people who already like it, and not make "ABDL acceptance" the focus of the story AT ALL or you're going to have the exact opposite effect.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...