LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

PTSD Regression

FishrPryce

Hi yall Fishr here, 

So. When my trauma, anxiety, stress, and the world around me is caving in. I regress. Its something I'm certainly not proud of. I dont identify as an adult baby - but I do act like a 3-4 year old for a day or evening when things get to be too much. 

It happens about once a month, sometimes more. Especially now that I'm starting to dig into my abuse and trauma. I'll put on a toddler movie like Barney's Great Adventure - put on a diaper, onesie, maybe a footy pajamas or shortalls depending on how comfy i wanna be - cook myself some shaped mac and cheese and chicken nuggets and my mind will just regress. 

It's like a trance. Going into a whole mother world. Im back in the enviornment where I felt most safe. 

I'm still coming to terms that I use infantalism as a means of a coping mechanism - its not sexual by any means. But its something I do think about because It defines who I am. 

Anyway, anybody else with PTSD that use this as a coping mechanism? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I only started wearing on the 19th October 2020! So completely new to this, however I suffer moderate to severe PTSD and moderate to severe anxiety, due to childhood abuse from the age of 11 to 15.

I know when I wear, part of me regresses to an age before, and it feels around 4, so far not much, except my scared teenager inside kind of goes to sleep when I wear, and inside I feel safer, younger, not scared anymore.

Just wearing a diaper is a grounding technique for me, and now I can wear and not visit the bathroom for wee, as bathroom is a major trigger room, a lot of my abuse happened in a bathroom, and going wee has always bee a trigger since.  Wearing a diaper and using for wee, gives me a secure safe space, I am much calmer wearing and much less anxiety.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hey. I've got complex PTSD, and I absolutely agree with the idea that AB/DL is partly a coping mechanism for that. BitterGrey of understanding.infantilism.org co-authored a peer-reviewed article in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy last year noting a high rate of adverse childhood experiences among young AB/DL males.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey babies,

I'am mix of DL and AB and I have difficulty letting go my AB side because I find it shameful

Presently I'am on work accident because I suffer a post traumatical shock by killing a man who jump in front of my train 8 weeks ago, for now life is really tough

The last month I decided to release all the stress, pain, anger, sadnes by letting
my ab side get out by regressing,  IF FEEL SO GOOD!

I am fully aware that part of this is running away from my suffering, but there is another part of me that has always been AB, the only difference now is I'm trying to tame it and make AB friends

So babies feel free to talk to me *PWEASE*

• Like 4

Like Kaliborio I have complex PTSD and I agree that regression is absolutely a coping mechanism some days. It pushes the world away enough to be able to breath.

• Like 1

It's a coping mechanism. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I would venture to say that the Only reason people may feel ashamed is because of social stigma anyway, and my stance on that is that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  WhAt matters us what you and God think  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have PTSD from early childhood trauma and am doing narrative therapy with my therapist right now.  It's essentially exactly what it sounds like; I have to tell the story of my trauma over and over until my brain gets used to it and stops freaking out.  I've only done it once so far, but as I was telling the story I felt myself slipping into little space and feeling extremely small and vulnerable and afraid.  I wanted to suck my thumb and curl into a ball and disappear.  I'm not sure if this response was because I'm an AB, or because my trauma happened when I was so young.  Either way, I'm afraid to talk to my therapist about it because it's too hard to explain.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, FishrPryce said:

Hi yall Fishr here, 

So. When my trauma, anxiety, stress, and the world around me is caving in. I regress. Its something I'm certainly not proud of. I dont identify as an adult baby - but I do act like a 3-4 year old for a day or evening when things get to be too much. 

It happens about once a month, sometimes more. Especially now that I'm starting to dig into my abuse and trauma. I'll put on a toddler movie like Barney's Great Adventure - put on a diaper, onesie, maybe a footy pajamas or shortalls depending on how comfy i wanna be - cook myself some shaped mac and cheese and chicken nuggets and my mind will just regress. 

It's like a trance. Going into a whole mother world. Im back in the enviornment where I felt most safe. 

I'm still coming to terms that I use infantalism as a means of a coping mechanism - its not sexual by any means. But its something I do think about because It defines who I am. 

Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets sound good!?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I have pretty severe mental illness and use regression as a coping mechanism. So far, the only person in my life who I have told about this is my wife, and even then I approach the topic carefully. Though I won't lie, if she doesn't want to baby me when I feel like I need it, it does hurt.

I find that just letting go of all things adult helps me out quite a bit. Just playing games, taking naps, cuddling with Vol, and if I can fit them in, feedings and diapers. However, this isn't always realistic, so I tend to keep it online. It helps, though I wish I could do it more often.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I am new here, I also suffer from PTSD from an incident just before my 3rd birthday, at the time I suffered from regression into my own little world that was a safe place. I have spent a lot of energy trying to grow up particularly in my teen years. But I have this strong pull back to my little safe place, just not sure I am ready to open that door yet. Reading this has been helpful thanks

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NapsAu said:

Hi, I am new here, I also suffer from PTSD from an incident just before my 3rd birthday, at the time I suffered from regression into my own little world that was a safe place. I have spent a lot of energy trying to grow up particularly in my teen years. But I have this strong pull back to my little safe place, just not sure I am ready to open that door yet. Reading this has been helpful thanks

What exactly do you mean buddy?? And why did you spend a lot of energy trying to grow up! Do you hate regressing, if so why?? And I'm REALLY sorry that happened to you buddy!???? Nobody should ever have to go through that.???? Hugs friend!?❤️☺️❤️? *Gives you another big hug!*??☺️?❤️? There's nothing wrong with staying in little space if it makes you feel safe buddy. *Gives you another big hug and rubs your back!*❤️??❤️☺️? I'm hugger, I'm sorry, I can't help it!???☺️❤️ LOL!?? I LOVE your little side!??????????❤️??

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am dealing with depression, anxiety, and ptsd based on a family medical emergency coupled with the pandemic surge that is triggering a lot of past trauma. 

I also happened to be indulging my ABDL side much more freely lately and I think it’s definitely the coping strategy that is helping me most though I had never consciously engaged it for that purpose before  

But getting into little space is a bit cathartic for me because it’s like empowering the helpless feeling because needing help isn’t all bad, plus it lets me kind of compartmentalize. I’m not able to do anything about the current situation, but I can’t get out of my head and nothing felt important or good anymore, or could keep me from the anxiety, but in little space I actually can have some fun. It’s like a different part of my brain or inhibitions is quieted or something. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Count me in this boat. Complex PTSD, currently undergoing treatment. 

It's...layered...And I'm still exploring it with help. Most of the time regression is a good thing...but since the past year, it has become a trigger itself...and I'm honestly a bit scared of it now.

Thankfully I decided to seek help. But yeah, it's complicated and I'm still sorting it out. Regression is definitely a mixed bag for me now.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, AndTheChips said:

I am dealing with depression, anxiety, and ptsd based on a family medical emergency coupled with the pandemic surge that is triggering a lot of past trauma. 

I also happened to be indulging my ABDL side much more freely lately and I think it’s definitely the coping strategy that is helping me most though I had never consciously engaged it for that purpose before  

But getting into little space is a bit cathartic for me because it’s like empowering the helpless feeling because needing help isn’t all bad, plus it lets me kind of compartmentalize. I’m not able to do anything about the current situation, but I can’t get out of my head and nothing felt important or good anymore, or could keep me from the anxiety, but in little space I actually can have some fun. It’s like a different part of my brain or inhibitions is quieted or something. 

This is totally it for me as well.  I recognize that untraining provides a relief from stress and anxiety, even if it isn't traumatic in the worldly sense.  

3 hours ago, Kif said:

Count me in this boat. Complex PTSD, currently undergoing treatment. 

It's...layered...And I'm still exploring it with help. Most of the time regression is a good thing...but since the past year, it has become a trigger itself...and I'm honestly a bit scared of it now.

Thankfully I decided to seek help. But yeah, it's complicated and I'm still sorting it out. Regression is definitely a mixed bag for me now.

KIF sorry to hear about your struggles in this area.  Great job seeking help as you navigate the journey...sometimes in fact the hardest part of health is asking for help!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 3:39 PM, FishrPryce said:

Hi yall Fishr here, 

My PTSD trauma has been so severe that I am actually starting to regress more and more and can’t control it!! So now I have sought out a Mommy as to which will care for me and I will be permanently regressed!! No more than a 2 year old!! Starting as a newborn!! Mommy is the only one I trust and wasn’t my biological mommy but is going to be as my regression is permanent nothing sexual!! I will be nothing but a child!! I have PTSD from very severe childhood trauma and abuse!! Also seen many other traumatic stresses been to War and had to do things following order’s!! I have seen all the evils of this world and I could simply end my life and be done with it but I feel like this is a much healthier way of coping with everything!! So I will soon be adopted by Mommy as her little girl!! Within the next week or so she will have her certificate!! And adult me will cease to exist!! I’m surprised I have actually been able to get this out am actually in a moment of clarity in the moment!! 

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, I definitely use it as a coping mechanism for my cPTSD. And sometimes it feels like a double edged sword. It keeps me from fully trusting anyone enough to really explore my little side or to regress fully and at the same time, there are things that I can definitely do on my own but it feels lonely and like having a "grown up" around would make things feel more complete. I constantly refer to my little side as feral and in the past I've been in relationships that ended badly because they would get frustrated they couldn't get me to trust them but also never seemed to put in the work on their end either which seems to make the feral aspect worse in a way.