LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic backed nappies, embarrassing moment!

Any one else find that they can make your clothes slide down? ?

I've had to do the belt up on my jeans an extra notch after finding them riding low and showing a bit more nappy than I was intending!

Well, I guess a couple of extra people know I'm in nappies then! ? Luckily this was just in a quiet public area where no one knew me!

Any other newbie mistakes I should be looking out for?

39 minutes ago, Kittytrain said:

Let's see...

• Be prepared for unexpected leaks.  They'll happen occasionally, so you need to be ready for them.  Always have a change handy.
  • Clothes malfunctions can happen, as you found out.  I'm always in a onesie, which makes things a lot safer, so you might consider doing the same.
  • Watch out for chafing.  As soon as you feel anything rubbing, do something about it.  I use BodyGlide, which I put on every morning on the most likely chafing places - that helps a lot to prevent chafing starting.
  • Be prepared to have to carry around a wet nappy if you're away from home - have room in your bag and nappy sacks to put them in until you can find a bin.
  • Clean yourself at every change, to keep smells and infections at bay.  Wet wipes work, but I generally use a damp face flannel.

Good luck with it!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Stroller said:

Good luck with it!

Thanks Stroller!

I now have a change kit in my bag. ?

I'm not sure yet how long I'm gonna be wearing 24/7 at the moment so trying not to spend too much until I know what's what, but I might look into a plain onesie as I can try that out for size and even if I don't 'need' it for nappy purposes in the long term I can still use it to keep out drafts in the winter! ?

I've avoided chafing so far, I use a body lotion to protect my skin so that might be helping, I have delicate skin so I need to look after it well.

I shower after I take my night time nappy off in the morning, currently I'm making one Tena Ultima last the day shift and give a flannel wash or at the very least a thorough wet wipe clean if I'm pushed for time. I'm a bit worried that I will smell if I don't change more often but my wife has said I don't smell so far! ?

3 hours ago, Kittytrain said:

I would definitely echo @Stroller's comment about onesies; right now I am working from home all the time, but back from the commencement of the end times, I used to travel for work a fair bit, and I always, always wore onesies - they prevent exactly the kind of waistband excursions you're describing. I have had that happen a couple of times since I started wearing diapers again, although I only know of one instance where anyone other than my spouse noticed - I was in a Home Depot, squatting to peruse a lower shelf, when an older, very tall guy standing behind me commented that he "preferred Safari's", which I initially took as a comment on my searching for an odd plumbing part, and I said something like "I'm on a hunt here for sure...", to which he said, "I prefer Safari's to Monsters." THAT caused me to look back, and he gave me a wink from above his mask, and walked away. I was wearing a Rearz Lil' Monster at the time, which had evidently made an appearance. That guy knew his diapers, apparently.

The most memorable incident occurred when I was much younger, probably 7 or 8, and we were at a highway rest stop while driving to Florida, and I jumped out of the car, eager to stretch my legs, ran over to a playground, and hung upside down from the monkey bars, grateful to be momentarily free from the metal box I had occupied for the past 12 hours or so. All of a sudden another kid, slightly older, asked me why I wore diapers, and I realized that my shirt, having fallen "up", had exposed the top of the diaper I had on, sending me sprinting back to the privacy of the car.  

Other tips:

• High waisted jeans are better than hip huggers. Hides that tell-tale waistband of your diaper.
  • Long shirts. Also helps to hide what's underneath
  • Winter is coming (in the northern hemisphere) Wear long sweaters, jackets, etc. If really long can even hide that wet spot which comes up occasionally.
  • Women can find onsies much easier than men. You should do well in that regard. I don't like them myself. Most are rather babyish and that's not me.

My warm, sub-tropical climate makes onesies reasonably uncomfortable for most of the year.  For leak management, I will usually have a pair of Gary Activewear PUL waterproofs over my nappy.  These are available in colours that look like underwear.  Navy blue and the grey are my most discreet.  They breath a bit so are cooler than conventional plastic pants.

The other great disguise is that women's shape-wear is very high rising.  A black pair of those is light, compresses my nappy to help conceal it and rides high enough to cover it.  If exposed, it just looks like the top of anybody's underwear.

5 hours ago, oznl said:

My warm, sub-tropical climate makes onesies reasonably uncomfortable for most of the year.  For leak management, I will usually have a pair of Gary Activewear PUL waterproofs over my nappy.  These are available in colours that look like underwear.  Navy blue and the grey are my most discreet.  They breath a bit so are cooler than conventional plastic pants.

The other great disguise is that women's shape-wear is very high rising.  A black pair of those is light, compresses my nappy to help conceal it and rides high enough to cover it.  If exposed, it just looks like the top of anybody's underwear.

I live in Arizona and during the summer I wear Underarmour compression gear (undershirt and briefs). It doesn't squish liquid out too bad, keeps everything much cooler and concealed