LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Swimming

:crybaby: Well now that its almost the season swimming has been on my mind lately.

My question is this how do you guys handle swimming being incontinent? Have any of you had any awful swimming experiences? I had one last summer that was so bad I've been petrified of swimming ever since.

I had been wearing diapers full time right? But I never thought I would need to wear them swimming. After all I never wore my underwear swimming and I did not think I was at all incontinent at this point so I just got in my swimming trunks without a diaper of course and hopped in. Now the occasion was for a friend's niece's birthday so this was actually at a water park. They had waterslides and rides etc. Because this was a birthday they also had ALOT of food. Junk food of course and I of course ate ALOT of this junk food while I was at this party. I did notice during the party that I was peeing rather frequently in the pool but I guess I figured it didn't matter cause everyone has peed in a pool at some point right? I also peed several times when I was out of the pool though but it was o.k cause no one noticed as I was already wet anyway from swimming. It wasn't until I finally got a turn at the waterslide that the crisis hit. I was standing in line for the waterslide wuth a friend when I started to feel a bit sick like most everyone else from all the junk food. I peed a little bit on the ground while I was in line but everyone just assumed it was from my wet swim suit dripping thank god. By the time I finally got up to the front of the line my I felt pretty sick but I got on the mat to go the waterslide anyway when it was finally my turn. Then disaster struck: As I sat down on the mat I felt something warm in my swim trunks. I thought I was just peeing again so I didn't say anything until the guy running the waterslide pushed me off then it got bad. My bowels went crazy and I started pooping on the waterslide. I freaked out and tried to make it stop but it was hopeless my poo was pushing itself out. A trail of runny crap followed me all the way down the waterslide all the way until the little pool at the bottom. My mat and swimming trunks were covered in crap by the time I hit the pool at the bottom of the slide. Everyone stared at me in disgust and they had to close the entire section of the park off so that they could drain everything and clean it all up. All these little kids were glaring at me because they had to leave that section of the park as I stood there in my poop filled swimming trunks. It was one of the most humiliating days of my life. I cleaned myself up in their locker room and put a diaper on. I accidentally soiled my diaper two times during the car ride home. It was awful and I've been petrified of swimming ever since.

A friend invited me to a swimming party in two weeks and I'm wondering if thei is anything I as an incontinent person can do to prevent these type of things from happening to me again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon

I use the gabby's swim diaper when ever I go swimming.They let urine leak thru but do a really good job of stopping bowel leak's from getting out.They will hold well for a short time if you have firm stool but nothing works very good for the runs except a good tight pair of plastic pants.good luck

:crybaby: Well now that its almost the season swimming has been on my mind lately.

My question is this how do you guys handle swimming being incontinent? Have any of you had any awful swimming experiences? I had one last summer that was so bad I've been petrified of swimming ever since.

I had been wearing diapers full time right? But I never thought I would need to wear them swimming. After all I never wore my underwear swimming and I did not think I was at all incontinent at this point so I just got in my swimming trunks without a diaper of course and hopped in. Now the occasion was for a friend's niece's birthday so this was actually at a water park. They had waterslides and rides etc. Because this was a birthday they also had ALOT of food. Junk food of course and I of course ate ALOT of this junk food while I was at this party. I did notice during the party that I was peeing rather frequently in the pool but I guess I figured it didn't matter cause everyone has peed in a pool at some point right? I also peed several times when I was out of the pool though but it was o.k cause no one noticed as I was already wet anyway from swimming. It wasn't until I finally got a turn at the waterslide that the crisis hit. I was standing in line for the waterslide wuth a friend when I started to feel a bit sick like most everyone else from all the junk food. I peed a little bit on the ground while I was in line but everyone just assumed it was from my wet swim suit dripping thank god. By the time I finally got up to the front of the line my I felt pretty sick but I got on the mat to go the waterslide anyway when it was finally my turn. Then disaster struck: As I sat down on the mat I felt something warm in my swim trunks. I thought I was just peeing again so I didn't say anything until the guy running the waterslide pushed me off then it got bad. My bowels went crazy and I started pooping on the waterslide. I freaked out and tried to make it stop but it was hopeless my poo was pushing itself out. A trail of runny crap followed me all the way down the waterslide all the way until the little pool at the bottom. My mat and swimming trunks were covered in crap by the time I hit the pool at the bottom of the slide. Everyone stared at me in disgust and they had to close the entire section of the park off so that they could drain everything and clean it all up. All these little kids were glaring at me because they had to leave that section of the park as I stood there in my poop filled swimming trunks. It was one of the most humiliating days of my life. I cleaned myself up in their locker room and put a diaper on. I accidentally soiled my diaper two times during the car ride home. It was awful and I've been petrified of swimming ever since.

A friend invited me to a swimming party in two weeks and I'm wondering if thei is anything I as an incontinent person can do to prevent these type of things from happening to me again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon

I go swimming twice a week in our local swimming center, I swim with other handicapped with no access for "ordinary" pee ple.

It is not normal within the group I swim with to wear any sort of incontinence protection, but we do prepare before going in. One thing is to make sure your bladder has been emptied just before going in, so although you may experience leaks, atleast you'll not have 15 pee ple pissing each a litre in to the pool, it may more likely be less than 1.

Emptying the bowels is mandatory if you're having any sort of handicap that may affect your ability to keep it in. There are several methods to use when doing so, and I feel pretty sure that anyone that have to deal with this problem have been instrucked and guided in how to do it in order to live better with it. Ofcourse you can't be 100% sure that noone will have an accident at some time, I myself have had lots of them over the time, but I still have never seen anyone have a bad accident while in the pool.

We only spend about 30 - 45 minutes in the pool, so you have to be relatively unfortunate to have something bad happen so soon after you did your programme.

I know there are pee ple who suffer from diarrhea and have it coming out of them more often, for those there are special tampons to use in the behind that keeps the stool inside untill its removed, I know you can also swim with it but again, it's better to prevent if it's possible.

Pee ple pee in the water at public swim centers all the time so don't drink the water :P

wear underwear with plastic pants over them.

Thanks

Simon

(snip)

Emptying the bowels is mandatory if you're having any sort of handicap that may affect your ability to keep it in. There are several methods to use when doing so, and I feel pretty sure that anyone that have to deal with this problem have been instrucked and guided in how to do it in order to live better with it.

(snip)

Julia:

Being in the "enjoy my diapers but don't really need them" group, I'm curious as to what those methods are? I'm not quite sure how to make an exploding elephant do the trick.

Thanks,

Dill Pickle

P.S. Simon, I think you need to pay more attention to (and keep better boundaries around) what you eat and how you feel. I've been around for the aftermath of a normally continent person pooping all over the floor as they ran to the bathroom after food poisoning -- they steam cleaned the carpet, the same day. So what happened to you can happen to normal people, too.

D.P.

P.S. Simon, I think you need to pay more attention to (and keep better boundaries around) what you eat and how you feel. I've been around for the aftermath of a normally continent person pooping all over the floor as they ran to the bathroom after food poisoning -- they steam cleaned the carpet, the same day. So what happened to you can happen to normal people, too.

Yes, junk food/party food does have a particular reputation for being nasty on the digestive system! And if you eat a large amount (as described in the OP) of it, then it will start things moving down there. Think what would happen if you took a long tube full of food and pushed a load more in the top - the digestive tract is no different, really... Not the wisest move before a splash in the pool!

Yes, junk food/party food does have a particular reputation for being nasty on the digestive system! And if you eat a large amount (as described in the OP) of it, then it will start things moving down there. Think what would happen if you took a long tube full of food and pushed a load more in the top - the digestive tract is no different, really... Not the wisest move before a splash in the pool!

add to that the often only half cooked factor of a barbecue party, oily barbecues sauce, lots of fat and maybe even beer to slow your reactions.. What are pee ple thinking ... :)

Sounds to me like you had a really rotten run of luck (if you will excuse the pun!) but I dont think you should be put off by it as it was probably just bad luck and nothing more.

My only experience with "trying to do the right thing" was with a disposable wich was great in the water, but was potentially very embarrasing when getting out of the pool as half the pool got out with me ! :lol: as the Nappy had soaked up loads of water and expanded to about three times its normal thickness :blush:

Then of course disposal was a problem as it was so large and heavy. :roflmao:

Everyone says "swim pants"are the answer and I must admit I have got a pair but have not yet had the courage to use them !

Good luck with your next swim :beer:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

our local pool actually has a requirement of <Rubber> pants only. no disposable diapers, and no plastic pants. i guess they believe that rubber has a much tighter fit and is less likely to leak then rubber.

I am all for little swimmers for me as well..

Lets just say, I haven't been in the water for almost 6 years..