LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Foley Catheter

i used one years ago but had to stop owing to cyst. I did used to sleep better apart from all of the leaks. I ended up in diapers anyway and now sleep brilliantly. I am a 24/7 user of diapers and have no control at all. It is a distant memory waking up because of a full bladder.

Because of a neurogenic bladder I might have to start using a catheter. Is it difficult to use one and are there some options that are better than others? Is it embarrassing and does it cause other problems like leakage?

8 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Difficult?   No.   Uncomfortable?  Yes, at times.    Are you talking about an indwelling (Foley) catheter or intermittent catheterizations?

Not sure which will be recommended. At this point I suspect it will be intermittent. Im a bit afraid of having to use a catheter. Do they show you how to use one and can you do it yourself? Or does it need to be done by a medical person? Also, if the catheter is indwelling is the external part difficult to wear, clean and manage?

Typically, they'll get a nurse to show you the first time.   After that you're typically going to do yourself (if you're in an outpatient situaiton).    You get used to it pretty quick.

These are made for kids, but they may help you.

https://www.wellspect.us/bladder/children-and-cic/for-boys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

From my experience, a Foley catheter is the Best way to get a bladder and\or a Kidney infection. And catheters are painful all the time (ask anyone who has inadvertently stepped on that tube while they were standing up).
I'll stay in my diapers. ?