LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Book Corner

HI Little ones :)

About time that DD had a book corner.

Lets us all know what you just finished reading ( or what was read to you ) and what it was about.

I`ll start :-

Harry Potter and the philosophers Stone- J K Rowling

No explination required here ( everyone must know of it )

A book that got me back reading again after many years, having a read through the series ahead of the release of book 7 :)

Hooligan - A history of respectable fears- Geoffrey Pearson

A study of street life ( gangs ) during 70`s in London, and how the decline in moral standards affected the areas.

Hugs

Chloe

I just finished reading the barnes and noble classics collection of Washington Irving. If all you've ever read is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow or Rip Van Wrinkle, you should pick this one up. It's only $7 or so. Plus, he's, in my opinion, the first true American author of fiction, and most of his work is downright hilarious. Like the fictional letters of Rub-a-Dub Keli Khan back to his home in the far east;- just as funny as the movie Borat.

I just finished the final book in the series started with this book. Through Wolf's Eyes

The books tell the story of a girl that was raised by intelligent wolves after the settlement she was part was destroyed by fire. I know it sounds goofy, but is much better than the description I have provided. The only problem I had was the use of some silly names.

Okay the book I am currently reading is Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes. Though about a year ago I read books one and two of Vampire Earth.

I don't want to say too much about the plot but basic premise is aliens (the vampires) invade earth, destroy all of the major cities, and concure us. David Valentine (the main character) joins the resitance, lead by the Life-weavers (another bread of alien), to fight them off. When you read the book you will understand what wolves, cats, and bears are. I can't really explian without giving away some of the plot.

Like I said, I only read books one and two. There is at least six books in the series. Book six may not be out yet.

I am currently reading 'Dangerous river" by RM Patterson. Patterson wrote about his experiences while exploring the Nahanni River in the Northwest Territories. Great writer.

I've been reading all of Patterson's books lately. I just finished the "Buffalo Head" late last week and have just "Into the Interior" remaining.

For those who are wondering, these books are about exploring and homesteading in BC, Alberta, The Yukon, and NWT Canada.

I'm reading Fakers, Forgers & Phoneys: Famous Scams and Scamps by Magnus Magnusson. It is made up of 16 case studies of people who have faked or forged things. It includes art forgery, literary forgeries, archaeological frauds, and imposters and hoaxers in the world. I'm only on the art forgeries at the minute because I only started it on Saturday.

Guest diamondback688

i just finished reading Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter...the movie Shooter was based on that book...i just started The Blue Nowhere by Jeffrey Deaver...its about a computer hacker, and so far, its a pretty good read...

Right now I'm about halfway through The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. It had been a long time since I read it the first time and I thought I would go through it again. It's a good read but I really haven't gotten as much out of it, so far, as the first time around.

I'm also part way into The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien. Really great stuff. If you like any of his writing I recommend it.

Sadly, I really don't read nearly as much as I used to. Most of the time I would have spent reading is now spent on the interenets, lol.

Lord of the Rings is definitely my favorite, although The Silmarillionis fanatastic as well...

For more recent authors, I like Neal Gaimon (American Gods) and Neal Stephenson (Cryptonomicon)

And of course, Beowulf. I prefer the Chickering translation over Seamus Heaney's :P

Doing a quick scan of the table right next to me -

Alan Bennett - "Untold Stories." One of my fave writers!

Marco Pierre White - "White Slave, The Autobiography (The Godfather of Modern Cooking)" - He's waiting for me to read him.

Dylan Thomas - "Under Milk Wood." I've read it many times and it's on the table because it's a good 'dipping-into' book.

Roger Hargreaves - "Little Miss Sunshine." The gift that makes me giggle.

Oxford University Press - "The Concise English Dictionary." One of my fave books that's never far away.

Why am I sitting here typing when I should be tidying up?!

D :P lly

Just finished "Until I Find You" by John Irving (my favorite writer... A Prayer For Owen Meany, The World According to Garp, etc.) Also right in the middle of "The Speed of Trust" by Steven R. Covey. And rereading Kurt Vonnegut's short story anthology "Welcome to the Monkey House" (my second favorite writer).

Mo

Guest diamondback688

right now, im about 2 chapters into The Fugitive Game by Johnathan Littman...its about the computer hacker Kevin Mitnick...so far, its pretty good...