LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Johnson's Baby Powder

Ok, so I'm just back in the UK now after three months state-side (jetlagged 37.gif). In one hand, I have a bottle of Johnson's baby powder, bought in the UK about 4 or 5 months ago. In my other hand I have a bottle bought in the USA also fairly recently. Both bottles are just regular powder, no special types or anything like that.

And now I can confirm what I've thought for a while - they smell different!

Ever since I bought my first bottle of (British) Johnson's powder as an adult a couple of years ago, I've been disappointed that it doesn't smell quite as I remembered as a child. The American powder on the other hand, smells exactly as I remember and is just perfect... So why on earth did they change the smell of the British version? :crybaby:

You will just have to start smuggeling in the american stuff, If it wasn't so much dam money to send anything to the UK I would do it for you, I checked a while back, and it wasn't worth it...

if you grew up in the uk and that's the smell you remember i would guess that it's available somewhere without having to spend the money importing it.

a lot of baby powders smell like johnsons so if you really want that smell again it's probably worth it to do some shopping for different brands next time you're out.

and if all else fails ask your mom what she used to use :P

LoL... in that situation too. The UK powder just doesn't smell right for us... but modern young mums and others know you're powdered 'cos they recognise it... :(

I use Cussons baby powder from the £1 shops. lol it's the closest I've found to memories! ...and much cheaper weight for weight!

Simba B)

Maybe there is some goofy law in the U.K. that found the chemical that makes Johnson's baby powder smell the way it does causes airborn spores that will eventually cause London Bridge and the Tower of London to crumble and deteriorate at a slightly faster rate and so it's banned in the U.K. That kind of stuff happens here in the USA all the time!

I use Cussons baby powder

Ooh will have to try! I found Uk Johnsons baby powder smelly heavenly DRY - but once wet stinks. I'm using Superdrug TLC at the moment, which I like.

BY the way, can I also take this moment to recommend Johnson's baby Softwash Bodywash :):) And Bedtime wash - its lovely :)

DP

Ooh will have to try! I found Uk Johnsons baby powder smelly heavenly DRY - but once wet stinks. I'm using Superdrug TLC at the moment, which I like.

It just smells chemical to me. All talc, no fragrance. The British one used to smell just like the American one so I guess that maybe they had to change it for some silly European law or something. In any case, I'll be buying in bulk next time I'm over there. Although given my history with the TSA, maybe filling my suitcase with white powder wouldn't be such a great idea :roflmao:

BY the way, can I also take this moment to recommend Johnson's baby Softwash Bodywash :):) And Bedtime wash - its lovely :)

I know :D

You will just have to start smuggeling in the american stuff, If it wasn't so much dam money to send anything to the UK I would do it for you, I checked a while back, and it wasn't worth it...

Good Lord, Don't do that!

It will either be taken as cocaine or anthrax powder.

It will be hours/days/years before it is found to be innocuous and you will probably run out of diapers :whistling: before you can go home.

Anondl