LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cranberry juice??

Hello, have a question, there is a lot being said about cranberry juice. My understanding is that. cranberry juice Increases the acid level in urine to kill bacteria. That being said a herbalist I knew 20 years ago when I was suffering from kidney stones told me 5 shot glasses  (One taken every 30 minutes) of pure lemon juice would turn the urine totally acidic and dissolve the kidney stone and it has worked every time. Would lemon juice also kill bacteria in your urine and or bladder??

From the Wikipedia article, I get the impression that cranberry juice isn't as potently antimicrobial as some of us think it is.  I was drinking cranberry juice with the assumption that it would help keep my urinary system nice and clean.  My experience is that caffeinated drinks make me wet more than if I'd chosen the cranberry juice but it's still tasty.

I use Cranberry 30,000 capsules. (equivalent to 30g (1oz) fresh cranberries)   One in the morning and one in the evening whilst there is something inserted plus for 48 hours after removal. Also I take 2 prior to insertion. Of course, I have no idea if it works but hopefully by causing the urine to be acidic,  it discourages the formation of bacteria in the bladder.

What works for me may not for you. When selecting Cranberry juice chose the natural no sugar added. I have used it for years. Most times it has flushed a mild UTI when caught early. Now a days whenever using a catheter or stent I start the cranberry juice before the playtime. There is no substitute for safe clean play but the juice has worked for me.

• Like 1