LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stent specific UTI issue

I didn't want this buried in one of the stent threads but if a moderator thinks that is the best place, that's okay.

In my stent use, the one thing that has made me remove them is what I think might be a UTI that occurs.  The thing is, it seems to come and go.  The only indication is a bad burning plastic smell of the urine.  No pain, no fever, no aches etc, just urine that smells intolerably bad.  I take the stent out because I can't stand the smell anymore.

I will insert, things will be fine for a few days, then there will be a few days of mildly bad smell, then it goes away for a week or so, then the bad smell comes back,  then goes away, etc. Eventually I will get to a point where the smell is really bad and I remove it.  The urine will continue to smell bad for a day or two then get back to normal.

I don't even know if this is a UTI, or the result of my stent materials or what.  Has anyone else had this happen?

I am pretty careful with sterility and insertion, many hours in the alcohol bath, penis tip thoroughly cleaned, etc.  I'm just confused why it would come and go.

Drink more fluids. Cranberry juice is good for preventing a UTI. Alcohol and coffee are not your friends.  Eating asparagus is good for us but will leave your urine smelly for 24 hours.

You can look at your own pee to see if you might have a UTI. I recommend urinating in a clear small cup. If the urine is clear like apple juice then you're fine. However, if the urine is cloudy and murky or dark and redish colored, then you probably have a UTI. You might be able to get rid of it by drinking lots of fluids and taking cranberry pills (They have a higher concentration of cranberries than juice) but that may not work and you may need to seek medical help for obtaining antibiotics.

If you want to risk treating yourself with antibiotics, try using amoxicillin from a previous infection, that would most likely take care of it. If you're in America (other countries won't sell it at petstores due to people self medicating) you might be able to find amoxicillin at a pet store or online. One brand I've used is FishMox 500 mg amoxicillin.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, austmo said:

You could also try to get hold of Hiprex. This will acidify your urine, killing unwanted germs causing UTIs

Thanks for the tip, austmo.