LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lillikol (Complete) +FAQ

Great chapter. The girls kissing girls being normal caught me off guard. I wasn’t expecting that from this island! Something tells me someone is going to correct her poorly taped diaper for the sake of her own comfort ?

30.)

I had no date plans with Lyon today. I had no anything. It was only my fifth day in Lillikol and already I'd endured some of the worst things I'd faced in my entire life. But I was past them now, and I'd learned from those mistakes. I had underwear, thanks to Lew, and a very handsome - if not slightly inconsiderate - boyfriend. Then there was my sister, a blessing in disguise, who bought me makeup and kept me safe. It wasn't all that bad. Some of it was downright nice. Like my parents. When I got home, Sugar offered me a cookie, and I accepted with a smile. I wouldn't be making the same mistakes.

"Would you like to help me prepare dinner?"

It was still early. "I need to do something first."

"Change?"

I bit my lip and played with my hair. "Kind of," I managed with a smile.

There was something very different about Maisie versus the way she'd been this morning, maybe it had something to do with not being in the punishment pants anymore... or maybe she was happy to just be dry for now. Something she very much was not as of this morning. She'd changed into a fresh diaper, too, the little bulge evident in the way she walked, so she'd been at school all day in proper underwear and that made Sugar very proud.

"If you'd like my help, I don't mind — I know this stuff is all new to you. But for now if you'd like the privacy I understand that, too, sweetheart." Sugar was smiling, though, and either response would probably make her just as happy.

"Um... I can do it..." She smiled happily, but I still felt a little bad. "It's just... girls my age, on the mainland... we're pretty... self sufficient..."

"I understand."

"Okay... I'll help with dinner when I come back up, though?"

"That would be lovely."

So I went downstairs to change. I slipped off the dress and put the padded bra on, and then the purple underwear and looked myself over in the mirror. Fuck I was sexy.

"Well don't we look very adult!" Julienne didn't have any malice in her voice - just a playful sense of sibling adoration - as she stood in the doorway. Maisie blushed. Julienne giggled. "Are you getting dressed up to impress Cora? You don't need to do that, she already likes you, dummy. Or is this for Lyon? Because I can definitely help if you wanna impress Lyon, I know just the right things to wrap him around your little finger!" The girl was gently padding from one foot to the other, a sign that she needed changing and hadn't told her Mom yet.

I went back to the closet and fished out another dress - one seemingly more adult, but really, only a little more lolita. I tugged it over my body and smiled down at my chest. I actually had boobs now! "I really need a skirt and blouse instead of this dress thing... it's a huge pain, and totally not cute..." ...wait, what about Cora? "And where do you go hearing things about Cora? We're just friends."

"You look really good in dresses, though!" Admittedly, hearing her sister not even consider the idea of pants made Julienne a lot more happy than she showed, but her tone was giddy as she spoke. "Well yeah, girls can only be friends, silly. You can't date a girl. You just use them as practice. Cora and I used to make out all the time, and she did other stuff with me sometimes, too, which was so helpful when I started dating.”

"...really?" So she wasn't just kidding... but that didn't make me feel any better. My second ever kiss and it goes to a girl who just kisses around? Ugh... "Well I'm not into that. I only kiss people I want to date." And I returned to straightening my dress in the mirror.

"Well that's just silly, because how will you learn the stuff to impress the person you want to date, if you don't have practice first? It's like... trial runs. Like, when a boy wants to do... you know. Stuff. What if he does, and then you don't know what to expect, so you giggle and squirm away and that upsets him? If you've had practice then you know what everything feels like, and how to act, and how to make sounds that are endearing and not goofy." Was this really such a foreign concept to Maisie...?

"I don't do that, okay? I think it's... I think it's shallow, really. And I'm not like that, okay? I kiss people I like. I date people I like. So if I won't date them, I won't kiss them. So no kissing Cora. No kissing anybody but Lyon and any other boy I like! Okay?" Jeeze, these people were so dense!

"Ohhhh! So you do like Lyon!" Julienne giggled and nudged her sister, adjusting the fall of her dress a little because that was what sisters did. "You know that he likes girls tha- ... oh, well, nevermind that, I'm sure you'll find one sooner or later. I think he'll be very good for you! When are you going to let him change you? You shouldn't make him wait to long, but you should try not to be overly eager, either, because then you seem tarty."

I puffed out my cheeks, crossing my arms. "Listen. What I do with a boy really is my business."

"But we're sisters..."

I'd never had a sister, and I didn’t really know the rules of them. So I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, my cheeks pink. "Fine... but I'm just gonna be me. If he doesn't like that, that's his loss." It was something I'd learned on my own a long time ago.

"Well, how do you know who you are, now? I mean there's a lot of stuff about you that you don't really know for sure anymore, isn't there? Like you didn't know that you liked wearing dresses before, or that wearing diapers isn't so bad, or that a girl can kiss you and that's okay, right? You didn't know any of that stuff, or what it was like to have parents who love you and a sister who wants to help you. So if you didn't know any of that, how can you know anything for sure?" Game. Point. Match. Julienne Cress.

...okay, so maybe... maybe she had a point. I mean, maybe! Not certainly, but... "...f- fine..." Fine. Great... "But I'm not kissing her. I just... it makes me feel weird, and I don't like it..." I liked the kisses. I just didn't like how I felt afterward, with the weirdness in my stomach. It was too strange... "I have to go help Mom make dinner..." Mom. Huh...

"Okay! Could you... maybe... um... do you think you could change me first? It's okay if you don't want to, but learning how could be good for you, and then Mom doesn't have to get distracted from making dinner." It was probably surreal just how easily she asked that question, without a hint of hesitation or embarrassment. Maybe it was because that was just what sisters did here, and that's what they were — sisters. A family.

"Uhhh...." Uh, no. That's fucking gross. I bit my lip and took a little breath. "Um, how about I just get Mom to do it? And I'll, like... take over whatever she's doing in the kitchen?" I was trying not to be judgmental, but the fact of the matter was: I didn't want to see my new sister naked and pissy…

"Oh come on, please! You're going to end up doing it sometime, because we're sisters. And I could tell you what to do in-case you're ever out with like Cora or Rika and they need changing, or if you ever need to break the rules and change yourself, it happens to everybody at least once in their life." She nodded affirmatively and smiled. "The sooner you do it, the sooner you help all this to feel normal I think, because then you stop being weird about it, right?"

"...yeah, it's not help making it normal talking about changing my friends' diapers, you know? And anyway, I don't wear diapers. Starting right now. The dresses I get. When in Rome. But I’m… what’s the word you use, trained out? And I'm definitely not going to change a 16 year old girl's diaper."

"Well... if you're going to train out, you're going to be looked on to be more responsible. Actually... you're either going to wet a lot of diapers, or change a lot of diapers. You can decide which, but one of them is an inevitability." She nodded, thoughtfully, and whimpered. "I'll go ask Mom." Maybe because she'd wet again in the debate, and the girl disappeared upstairs, leaving Maisie alone with that thought and a decision on which side of the coin she wanted to be on.

"...she's kidding," I convinced myself. But no one here had been kidding yet, despite my thinking so. I shook my head and bit my lip. I would never have to change a diaper... I made my way upstairs after Julienne and Mom told me to cut up some peppers. So I did. Even in the little girl dress, I felt so much more like myself.

-----------------------

Thanks for reading! ^_^  Please Like, Comment, and check us out on Patreon!

• Like 6

With all that has happened to Maisie so far in this story, it's hard to believe that it been has only five days! But I think that gives the reader a sense of how overwhelming this is for Maisie. As much as Sugar has tried to create a little space for her, it is still like running into a brick wall at 60 mph.

31.)

"I understand you helped your Mom with dinner tonight, it was delicious." Mace had asked Maisie to join him for cookies in his study after the meal was finished, and he was sitting in his easy-chair watching her curiously. She seemed much less... encumbered, versus this morning, and he was pleased to see that. "I'd love to hear about your day. Please, sit and share with me. As much or as little as you like." Bonding was important to Mace.

"Alright..." I sat down across from Mace and bit my lip. "Uh... well..." What even happened? I pissed myself. But I decided to omit that. Then there was... "Cora kissed me..."

"She would, I imagine."

"...I don't know how I feel about that. The girls kissing thing."

"Girls don't kiss where you're from?"

"Not unless they're romantically involved..."

"It's something that many girls do, but you shouldn't feel pressured to partake. Your mother, for example, never kissed another girl. She wanted it to be new for her when she found a boy that she liked. Of course, and in confidence, your mother was a lousy kisser when we first dated. But she learned in time, at her own pace. You can choose to go with the flow, or do things at your own pace. I don't think there's a wrong answer to be found, either way." Mace definitely saw things a lot more openly than many others here, which was surprising. "I do think you should do your best to fit in as best you can, of course, but that's your decision."

"It's not that kissing Cora was bad! I mean, it was nice... but I just don't like the idea of kissing somebody I'm not interested in that way, you know?”

"I do know."

"Yeah... other than that, nothing really happened. People are still being nice to me..." Though the next day, that may no longer be true. I had a score to settle.

"And you're making friends, then? That was my great concern.” The man steepled his fingers in though, before continuing. "That your lifestyle choices imposed upon you on the mainland would make it difficult for you to fit in here and make friends. Your first day, for example, with your Drab attire, I'm sure you haven't forgotten."

"No, I didn't forget..." I guess that's really why I'd relented to the dresses. "Are girls allowed to wear skirts...? I mean, I'll make sure it's like... appropriate or whatever..."

"It's mostly women who wear skirts, after training out."

"But I am trained out."

"That's not a good thing in high school."

"And I don't wanna draw attention to it..." I sighed. "Okay... fine... no skirts..."

Mace smiled and then carefully chose his words. "You're smart, like your birth-mother — I suppose in having her eyes it's good to see you have her common sense."

I opened my mouth and then closed it again, looking down at my feet. "...do you think... there's more information on them, somewhere? I just... I really want to know about them, even if they were... you know..." Bad parents? I sighed and shook my head. "Nevermind..."

"The Capitol will have files on them. Where you were when you were registered."

"The one with the big library...?"

"That's right — there's a sub-level beneath the library has archived documents on every person that ever lived in Lillikol. Maybe we could go there together, at the weeks end? I'd like to use one of the days to take you to Nishi, but we could use the other to go to Lillikol Proper if you'd like. A daddy-daughter-day weekend, maybe. You could invite your sister along, too, if you like. But I'll leave that much up to you."

"Oh... um..." Jeeze... "Okay... I mean, I don't..." Ugh... "I don't really want to know. I mean, maybe later. It's just nice knowing they're there..." He nodded and smiled. "But the... uh... Nishi thing sounds nice! Wherever that is!" I smiled as widely as I could, but it felt a little forced. Jeeze, being a daughter was more work than I'd thought...

"It's to the east of the island, and offers beaches with crystal clear emerald waters. Maybe you should invite Julienne along, some to think of it — you might appreciate her help picking out a bathing suit." To Mace's knowledge, there were no bathing suits for girls her age that didn't have the insert pouch for the swim-diaper component. Perhaps it would be good, though, the warm ocean currents of Nishi tended to wreck havoc on girls’ bladders.

"Maybe..." I liked Mace. But at the same time, I didn't know him the way I knew Sugar and Julienne. Maybe having my sister come along was a good thing... maybe it could help if things were weird. "Alright. I'll ask her. If she wants to go." Today was Friday. The last day of our school week. Maybe we'd go tomorrow! The beach sounded pretty nice...

"Nishi?! Daddy is taking you to the beach! But! BUT! I wanna go to Nishi!" Maisie hadn't even had the chance to make the invite component of what she'd come to tell her sister when Julienne had started pouting like the child she was currently dressed as. "This is so unfair... I'd do anything to go to Nishi... maybe you could ask him if I can come, too? If you do, I'll um... lesse, I'll um... I'll buy you a present! With my allowance!"

"Mmm... I don't know... everything I want is probably Carded..."

"I... I have connections!"

Very, very interesting. I smiled up at her and thought quietly to myself. "I guess if you can promise to get me something, then I can ask if you can come." I was such a good sister!

Julienne agreed, of course, and then gave her sister as tight a hug as she could manage. "Maybe I could get you sparkly lipgloss? Boys go crazy for that stuff, like proper gaga, which is why it's carded because it's so desired. You could make Lyon do anything you want!" Well. Despite the power dynamic seemingly shifted in one direction, skewed as weirdly as it seemed to a patriarchy, girls still had the majority of the control over their boyfriends. They just had to know how to play things.

"...hm." Lip gloss, huh? "Can't I get in trouble, though, if someone sees that?" That's why I liked the discreet stuff. Makeup. Panties. Things people didn't see. "I am not getting another punishment for some stupid lip gloss!" I didn't know much about this place. The rules were still vague to me.

"Well, adults don't usually notice it to look at you. But they'll notice if you start leading around a bunch of boys, so you should only use it when you're with Lyon. He'll do anything you say, I promise, it's so great. Boys are so easy!" What was not explained was that sparkly gloss had a specific powder in the compound, which was why it made boys go gaga. Sure, of course, it was adorable too! But that was certainly not the extend of its power. Julienne didn't know or care about any of that, though.

"...okay. Sure. That stuff. And..."

"AND?!"

"And." I bit my lip, thinking curiously... "Is there a kind of powder that's like... really uncomfortable, if it happened to be in your diaper? Like baby powder, but uncomfortable?" She just stared at me.

"Purgatory Powder? I can get that, but that's only for Mom's to use on six or seven year olds who are being naughty. I don't know if you should be messing with it. Why would you want something like that, anyway? That's not fun or anything, I promise, and if you use it on a boy he'll probably hate you..."

"I just do, okay?" Purgatory Powder. Sounds... badass. Way better than Lemon Powder or Strawberry Powder. Or Bright Powder. I was excited. "Get me that, and the lip gloss, and you've got yourself a deal." I was so smart sometimes. Now I could put my plan into action.

"Okay, but you have to promise not to use it on me because I was a thumbsucker until I turned 14 and I don't wanna go back to that, even for a few hours, okay?" There was genuine worry and concern in her voice, and she frowned as she watched her sister for verification that her condition was accepted. Julienne loved the beach, but she didn't love it that much. "I can't wait to go to the beach, I'll have to pick out which bathing suit to wear... maybe we can build castles together!"

"Oh, right... Mace said something about needing a bathing suit, so we'll have to go buy me one, if that's okay."

"Yeah, of course!"

It was already pretty late, though... I guess we'd have to go in the morning.

-----------------------

• Like 4

Good chapter. Mace must be pretty pleased that she's beginning to fit in some. She doesn't want to do anything that would earn another punishment (though "purgatory powder"?? maybe not a punishment but a retaliation coming if she follows through with what I assume she'll try...). She asked about skirts and relented quickly after hearing Mace.

It's interesting how the culture of this island sometimes causes me to accept, at least initially, some gross inequalities. I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I seriously doubt boys practice their kissing skills with boys. 

On 8/16/2020 at 12:21 PM, Sophie ♥ said:

Your mother, for example, never kissed another girl. She wanted it to be new for her when she found a boy that she liked. Of course, and in confidence, your mother was a lousy kisser when we first dated.

It is assumed that girls need practice to become good kissers, while it seems like guys (like Mace) just take it for granted that they are. And what girl on this crazy island would dare tell a boy they aren't a good kisser?

32.)
"I had a feeling she'd want to come along." Mace had finished typing something on the black and green screen of his computer terminal, and he pressed a combination of keys that made a little box next to it start to make sounds like a bag of small animals being put through a wood-chipper. "Your sister is a big fan of both the beach and the culture in Nishi. I think you'll probably come to share the same view as her, given time."

"We have to go shopping before we leave." Mace was hard at work, despite the early Saturday morning, and I stood awkwardly in the den. He didn't seem to mind. "Do you think we have a couple hours?"

"Absolutely. We can leave when you get back."

I needed a bathing suit. And maybe I could get that Purgatory Powder today. Though I guess it wouldn't matter, since I needed a free day to use it.

"You'll find a charge card under the fruit-bowl in the kitchen, take your sister along with you and make sure that you buy a nice age appropriate bathing suit, and some thongs for your feet — the sand make shoes a little troublesome." The little modem continued to screech and beep, but the man seemed to be largely oblivious to its noises by now.

"I guess by ‘age appropriate’ you mean something embarrassing?" He did emphasize it, after all. He smiled happily and I crossed my arms, taking my leave. I got the little plastic card, a different plastic to the money, and waited for my sister at the top of the basement steps. "Move your tush!"

Julienne's cheeks were red and she crossed her arms, pouting a little bit, and then adjusting and readjusting her skirt. "Did you get money from Daddy?" The word was not one in her usual vocab, and she pushed past her sister with red cheeks. "I mean. You're not going to try and buy some slutty grown-up swimsuit, are you? Maybe I should hold onto the money..."

"Nah." I followed her out the door and walked behind her past Kodi's house. I half- expected him to run out after us, but maybe it was just too early for that ritual. "I'll get one of those like, full over one piece ones with like the little skirt or whatever. That's what you guys wear, right?" That's at least what toddlers wore on the mainland.

"We call them togs, uhhuh. You can get them with little cut-outs on the tummy if you wanna show your belly-button like some older girls do, but I think it looks a bit tacky. Mine has ruffles, so yours should have ruffles, too, so that we match." For multiple reasons, too. Bathing suites were padded with not just the insert for the swim-diaper, but plenty of other padding. Mainly, girls were used to how their bodies looked in a diaper, and losing any of that bulk was poor for self-esteem.

Of course. I had to be right. We finally got to the store and I followed Julienne across to the bathing suits. They were all very childish. There were a couple more mature ones along the back wall, but no proper bikinis. Everything was very modest. I sighed. This was so lame...

"I think this one, look. It'll match your hair." It was pretty and pastel and had hearts stenciled in three more colors, with ruffles above the diaper-area, and around the leg gathers as well. They were cute, but functional, too, and the bulge of the padding was largely evident. "You wear a special swim-diaper under these, normally, but I don't know if you will. I don't know if they'll be comfortable without one, though..."

"It's a bathing suit," I said with a blush, looking down at my feet. It was so childish... why did she have to go picking out one like that? I snatched it out of her hand and crossed my arm. "I'm not wearing any stupid diaper. Swim diapers don't make sense, anyway."

"Yes they do, you don't want to pee in the ocean because that would be gross for everybody else." She furrowed her brow and pointed to the changing room with a smile. "Go and try it on, okay? Togs aren't cheap so you want to make sure it fits right, but I picked out your size just fine I think." For the most part, sizes here were different from the mainland, and only similar in specialty items like bras.

I went into the changing room with the bathing suit, looking at myself in the mirror. "It's just a swimsuit," I tried to encourage myself, and changed out of my clothes. It was a bit of a pain to get on right, and when I did, I looked a lot more like a ten year old. But more pressingly...

"This thing is so padded... what the hell..." About as thick as my usual diapers... but it was definitely comfortable.  And the frills covered the marks on my legs.

"I think you got me the wrong kind," I called out of the changing room.

"What do you mean? Don't you like the color?" Of course, changing rooms unlocked from both sides, so summarily, Julienne let herself in and grinned at her sister with glee. "Oh that looks so cute on you! SO CUTE! Oh my gosh. If you weren't my sister I would do all sorts of stuff to you right now. Wow. You HAVE to show Lyon!"

"No one at home is ever seeing me in this..." I felt my cheeks go scarlet and I looked down at my feet. Jeeze... "Um... it's kind of... it's padded around my waist, so I think, like, it's for younger kids or something... like ten year olds..."

"Oh, no, they're all padded like that. It's because swim-diapers are kinda thin, and girls kinda... well, we build our image around what we look like in thick diapers, so the companies that make togs make them with built-in-padding so we can have our same aesthetic for confidence purposes." It all made sense, really!

"...that's the single stupidest thing I've ever heard..."

"What do girls think is attractive at home?"

"...like, not wearing clothes." Her cheeks went redder than mine.

"W-well do your bathing suits... not wear... I mean..."

"...I guess I see your point. Still stupid, though..." I groaned and looked at the bathing suit in the mirror. "No way I can get a pair without the padding?"

"I don't know why they'd make them, and then you'd probably stand-out more at the beach. And you don't really want that, right? You want to fit in, and not draw attention?" The padded aesthetic was very cute anyway, and maybe a day at the beach would be good for Maisie when it came to appreciating herself here in Lillikol. "You need thongs now, and a hat with a cord; they have cute ones here, too."

"I look so fucking stupid..."

"Hey!"

“Sorry..."

I was in my heart bathing suit with little heart flip flops and a light pink hat on my head. All in all, I looked like a child. A real child. I didn't understand why anyone would want to look this humiliating...

"Can we just go now...?" I was just about to change out of my clothes.

"Uhhuh, you don't need to change, we'll go home and we'll leave probably soon anyway so no need to change." Julienne was giddy, and she put her hand in her sisters, holding it with a giggle. "I can't wait to build sand-castles with you, and go out in the breakers, and and... oh! Do you know how to boogey-board? It's really fun, I'll teach you if you wanna!"

"...I didn't really live near the ocean." Regardless of what she'd told me, I started to change out of the swimsuit nonetheless. I had a bra and panties on, so I didn't really care if she saw me undressing. I tugged the dress back on over my head and followed her out of the changing room. "I mean, Oregon is near the ocean. Just not where I lived. So I've never been there..."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I think almost everybody here goes to Nishi at least a few times a year, because it's really not that far away, and swimming is a really good thing to know how to do." Oh. OH! "Oh! Do you know how to swim?" If she didn't, she'd need floats for her arms; that was the law.

I felt a little color on my cheeks. "Of course I know how to swim! We had swimming classes at my boarding school..." I mean, I wasn't great, but I could stay afloat in the water alright. "I think the ocean would be pretty cool... I saw it off the cliff where the plane landed, and then when I went down to the beach. It's big..."

"It's really big, uhhuh. I read in a book that other people in the world live on islands like ours, too, and there's a set of them a ways away, um... somewhere, called Hawaii, and girls wear skirts made of grass. I think that would be really nice, but grass is pretty short so your diapers would definitely show." Trains of thought like this were the way that Julienne tended to get when she was happy, and she smiled at her sister. "Beaches are cold in some places, though, I think. Like the water by the rock-pools is cold, but it's warm by Nishi."

“Hm..." Maybe I needed to learn more about oceans. I also didn't know we were close to Hawaii. I really didn't know much at all about this place, or even where we were.

-----------------------

• Like 6
1 hour ago, diaperpt said:

I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I seriously doubt boys practice their kissing skills with boys. 

It is assumed that girls need practice to become good kissers, while it seems like guys (like Mace) just take it for granted that they are. And what girl on this crazy island would dare tell a boy they aren't a good kisser?

^ All this, basically!

Ahhh, Maisie hates it, but she's learning that even though outfits there are babyish, wearing them and fitting in is better in the long run than fighting things... too much.

...and she thinks it's time for a geography lesson too!

33.)

We were home before noon, and it looked like Mace was done with his work project. He had a bag packed and urged us to get ready. And within the hour, we were in the little golf cart again, driving out of the city. "Is it a long drive?"

"Three or so hours."

"I love drives." Each of the four satellite cities connected to the center city, and then also so the two cities on either direction of it — so Kita connected to Nishi and Azuma, and this trip would follow the coastline, basically speaking. "Do you wanna play eye-spy? I usually play it with Dad, but I can play it with you, now that we're sisters!" At home, Julienne had already changed into her own swimsuit, and as promised, the little mint-green number had plenty of ruffles.

I kept my swimsuit in a bag in the pseudo-trunk, which was more like a covered basket. I sat in the back bench with the girl and looked out at the road. "But it's all green... like, how do you find things? And wouldn't you drive right by them?" I used to play a couple car games, but without billboards they didn't make much sense now...

"Okay, so it works like this. You turn around and you see something up ahead, and then you say what it starts with, and then the other person, so, me, has to guess. But if I see it, then it's too late and you get a point. But if I figure it out, then I get two points. See? Simple."

"She says that, but Julienne has a way of explaining simple things to make them sound very complicated." Mace laughed.

"Yeah, I don't get it..." But she explained again, and we started to play. I was really bad. Mostly because she kept picking colors I could never even imagine being in a forest, but sure enough, when we went by, there would be a ribbon or a balloon or a candy wrapper or something. And all I could ever come up with was "green" and she was very good at picking between tree, fern, and grass. When we finally pulled out of the forest, I was wiped out. "I suck at this so bad..."

"Minus thirty isn't the worst score I've seen..." Julienne forced a smile, trying to be encouraging, though to be fair that was about the worst score she had ever seen. Most people at least picked up speed a little while in, and earned some points, but not Maisie, it seemed. She was simply hopeless. The ocean emerged to the right of them, and it sparkled a dozen shades of blue and green, and the air was salty and sweet and wonderful.

"Wow...." I looked over my sister's shoulder at the water, blinking at the sunlight as it bounced off the surface. We weren't too high up anymore, not as high as back home, but the water still seemed to go on even further. Others were starting to drive down the road, too, other than just the one car we'd seen coming in.

"Nishi is about an hour away still, maybe a little less." Mace recognized many of the faces in the carts, especially ones going back toward Kita, and here and there were carts parked by observation platforms jutting out above the ocean, some with telescopes.

"I saw a huge ship once! Wiiiiiith... that telescope right there! That one! It was sooo far away, over there? But it as huge, and red, and I waved to people but they didn't see me I don't think..."

"...do ocean liners ever come out this way?"

"The waters are restricted. Even if Julienne did see one, it meant the ship was out of bounds."

...hm. I guess that made sense... "Is that the city?"

"Just an outpost."

Which we drove on through. I groaned. I never liked long car trips. Especially in cars that went so slow.

"Many people like to walk across the island, so outposts like that provide fresh water and snacks for the trips, and a place to rest as well. Walking is very popular, because it's a way to spend time with friends, or a date, or whatever."

"And there's nowhere really too dangerous to get up to on the island, so most parents are okay with it, too."

"Hm." The inevitable finally kicked in. I started to get tired. Really tired. I thought maybe I could manage without it, given the cart and the sunshine, but the game with my sister was only a distraction to my exhaustion. I had slept so nicely last night, but cars always made me so sleepy. I slouched in my bench and did my best to keep my eyes open. Ugh...

Julienne adjusted her position, and let her sister put her head on her shoulder, and soon enough she was asleep. The drive continued onward, and in a little less than an hour they were pulling into the streets of the gorgeous resort town that was Nishi. Here and there were people in swimsuits, boys with surfboards and girls with ice-creams, children running and playing, and street vendors with outdoor tables, and where the city kissed the ocean were miles of sparkling soft sand, and crystal emerald water. "Wake up, wake up!"

“Wh-what...?" I sat up a little too fast and rubbed my eyes. "I wasn't sleeping..." She giggled at me and I blushed appropriately. "Shut up, okay?" I pulled myself out of the little cart and looked around.

"It looks like the movies of California..." Not quite like that, but a lot closer than our town did.

"Everybody here is really nice, and ice-cream and milkshakes are free for girls so you can have as much as you wanna." The cart was pulled into a lot that fronted onto a large grassy field where kids were playing, younger kids, and older, and there was a playground that seemed to go on forever, and just beyond that... the ocean. "Come on!"

"Your sister needs to get into her bathers, Julienne. Go to the changing rooms first, okay?"

I was taken into the changing room and came out a little later in my outfit, hat and all. My hair was in small pigtails, though I doubted it would matter once I got wet.

“Are you sure this foundation is waterproof?” I asked, looking at my legs.  The bathing suit covered them enough that it wasn’t a huge issue - the frills seemed to fall down over the tops of my thighs.  And I had tucked the makeup back into my old clothes, twisted up in one of the pockets.  Mace would have no reason to go through my stuff.

“Absolutely!  Says so on the bottle.”

Despite her reassurance, I was still nervous.  Better change the subject…

“This seems like a nice place... very nice..."

"Yeah, they're super laid back here."

"I wonder how things would have gone if I lived here. If everyone would still hate me for dressing how I liked..."

"I wanna take you to the beach, okay? Come on!"

Mace arrived just in time to have Maisie's clothes pushed into his hands by Julienne, before the older of the two girls led the younger one by the hand in a run across the grass, until the grass gave way to sand, and the sand started to get kissed by water. "Come on, why'd you pull back? The water is right there, puffybutt!"

"Don't call me that!" I puffed out my cheeks and looked at the edge of the water, and down the beach. It was so crowded. Did most people live here, or was it just because it was the weekend? I stepped carefully into the water and looked at the waves curiously. "Oceans are weird..." The waves, in particular.

"The ocean loves the land, so it holds it in strong embrace, and constantly kisses it. I think that's romantic..." Julienne sighed and then took her sisters hand again and tugged on it, causing the two of them to tumble over into the shallows, only to be washed over by an incoming wave. When the water cleared, they were both soaked, and Julienne was giggling like crazy.

I puffed out my cheeks and splashed Julienne with water. She splashed me back. The water tasted like salt and it left my eyes hurting. I rubbed them with my hand and frowned.

"Ew..." I got up to my feet and looked down at my body. The bathing suit hardly looked different when it was wet, and even the padding hadn't changed. I guess that was the point...

"Don't worry, all cute little puffybutts get wet!" Julienne laughed, and lunged for her sister, but Maisie sidestepped and that meant the white-haired girl fell face-first into the sand, then got dunked by a wave... which knocked Maisie over anyway, and the two of them were both on their butts again. "I'm glad you came to live here with us... I like having a sister..."

“Yeah," I said quietly, a little blush on my cheeks. "I think I like having a sister, too..."

-----------------------

• Like 5

Nice development, I think. Not anything huge going on, but 

2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

"I think I like having a sister, too..."

Still, I wonder if this is a calm before a storm. Maybe the makeup will fall out of Maisie's clothes and Mace will see the makeup... Maybe the makeup will wash off or get rubbed off by he sand and the scars will become obvious... Maisie may end up needing to pee and end up wetting herself...though at the beach that isn't a huge issue...maybe later on? ...so many possibilities

I have really enjoyed reading this so far, I wish Maisie would stop worrying about the scars on her thighs.  I know it has not been that long since she arrived but I feel that Sugar and Mace really have grown to love her.  It would help her heal if she could talk about her past with them.?

4 hours ago, Baby Billy said:

It would help her heal if she could talk about her past with them.?

^Yep!  But she's got that /trauma/.

20 minutes ago, littleTomás said:

I like how the sister’s relationship is growing. It’s becoming more loving and less transactional.

Maisie and Julienne's relationship is like my fav part of this story!!  They are best sisters!

34.)

The water fun didn't last long before we had to find some food. Ice cream was free on weekends, it seemed, which was awesome, but Mace encouraged we eat some real food. So we decided on a restaurant.

"Girls, go get dried off and we'll meet back here."

The bathing attire at a restaurant wasn't odd, but being soaked through was uncomfortable.

"Do you think you'll ever wear diapers?" The topic came up when the two of them were drying off together and Julienne was finding herself another swim diaper. "I mean... when you train out, it's a huge thing. There's a ceremony, and your family and friends all buy you gifts, and it's this day that's like... the most important day in your life until you get married... and you're... you're not going to know what any of that is like, because you don't want to be a part of it... doesn't that make you sad?"

"No." I rubbed my hair dry with the towel before fastening it into the short pigtails again. Unlike most every other girl here, I had short hair. "I don't want to wear them. I don't want a party because I can control my bladder. It's stupid. Anyway, can we talk about anything else?"

"Well I just mean it's a big rite of passage! I'd have thought that you'd feel... like you were cheated out of it. And that's not fair, that's not fair at all. Your old parents had no right to force their ideals on you, and abuse you like that, and make you use the bathroom at such a young age. It's unnatural, and it makes me mad because you're so nice and sweet and they just... they had no right..." The tears on her hand were the first sign that Julienne had of her crying, but judging from the look on Maisie's face, they weren't the first tears.

"Just... shut up, okay? You don't even know what you're talking about." I didn't comfort my sister. I didn't say anything about it. I just wanted her to stop talking. I walked out of the room in a pout and want to find Mace in the designated spot. I didn't feel like dealing with this today. It was supposed to be a vacation. If I knew she'd say things like that...

"You look quite sour, did you two have a fight?" It was a fair assessment of the situation, based on the fact that Maisie was alone, and the fact she looked a mixture between upset and angry, which was a typical combination for girls fighting, and especially for siblings. "I'm your Dad, you can tell me, you know I won't take sides. But I am a good listener."

"She just keeps... ugh..." I wasn't even sure I could put it in words. I was just pissed off... "She won't shut up. She doesn't get it, so can't she just shut up for a little while?"

"About what?"

"About... me. And my life. And I'm not judging her! Or her parents! So just..." I didn't want to talk to Mace... I didn't want to talk to anyone. I wanted everyone to leave me alone.

"Well, we don't have to talk about it, if you'd like. I could take Julienne for some lunch while you take some time to cool off, if you think it would help." His tone suggested that he'd rather they not separate, but that he'd give her that much if she wanted to. It was a very big extension of trust for a father as strict and focused on order as Mace was.

I sighed and looked down at my feet, playing with my hands in front of me. This whole thing was stupid... "I think she's upset, too... I don't want her to think I'm mad at her." I wasn't mad at her. I just... wished people would treat me like I'm normal instead of like a frickin' war survivor...

"Well, in matters like these... it can be best for you to talk to her, and clear the air. I'm not sure what was said, but based on what you've told me... it's to do with your old parents, yes? Maybe you could explain to her that you like your life now and you'd prefer not to dwell on the past?" He put his hand on her cheek, and then ran it through her hair, pulling her close in for a fatherly hug.

I hugged Mace and sighed into his shoulder. I knew I was reactionary, but I didn't know what else to do... what else I could say. No one ever listened to me... not back home, and not here, either. No one cared about what I wanted. Mace went ahead and I waited for Julienne to show up. This was so stupid... what was I supposed to say...?

"Sorry. About in there." The apology was cordial, short and curt and to the point — the sort a teenage girl would make, if she were apologizing to a stranger or someone they didn't like. A formality apology. She bit her lip and sighed, smiling at her sister as she shook her head.

“No, I... I'm sorry. I just..." What was it Mace had said? "I just really don't like when you think of me like that... like an outsider, you know?"

"I didn't say..."

"No, but... you act like..." It's not even her... "Everyone acts like I'm so different. Just because one thing about us is different? I mean..." I sighed, shaking my head. I hated myself...

What was there that she could really say on that matter? Well, you are choosing to be different, aren't you? She didn't say that, though, she just put her arms around her sister and sighed, taking a deep breath that followed. "You're perfect the way you are, sis. I love you, and Mama loves you, and so does Dad. And so what if you're ahead of the curve, how does that make you any different as a person? I admire you, lots of the time... you know?"

"...yeah?"

"Of course!"

I sighed and hugged her back, putting my forehead against her shoulder. When we parted, I walked alongside her toward the restaurant. She might not understand, but at least she knew she didn't get it. That was something.

"Why you walking like that?"

"Oh... I wore my underwear in my swimsuit, because I wasn't sure what the rules were without diapers, and..." It was uncomfortable walking around the city in wet panties.

"...so you're wearing wet panties? Huh..." Her teeth flashed in a grin, but she didn't outright say anything on the matter, just humming quietly to herself as she walked with her waddling sister.

"Have you spoken to Cora? Since she kissed you? You said you were really weirded out by that. I think she's cute, and she has the lightest hair at the whole school apart from mine."

“No, not really..." Granted, it had happened on a Friday. I hadn't had a lot of time to talk to her since then. I sighed and put my hands on my head. "It's complicated... like, I know what you all think about it, but... I don't think any of you know how I think about it. I don't wanna date her. I mean, I'm already dating someone. And anyway, I don't like girls. So..."

"Well, nobody was asking you to date her, because girls don't really date girls, but it's okay to mess around. And boys are usually okay with it, too, like... they think it's cute, even if you're dating. Sometimes it's fun for them to play Daddy for two, you understand?" Lyon was renowned, as rumor had it, to have once had four girls at once. That was crazy... where would he get that kind of energy? That meant FOUR diapers to change!

"That is the sickest, most sexist thing I've ever heard in my entire life.... so girls can't date one another, but they can fuck around if it's for a boy?!"

"Hey. Language."

“FINE SORRY! But it's still horrible! If I wanted to be with a girl, I'd be with a girl. And if I wanted to be with a boy, I'd be with a boy. And if a guy wanted me to kiss some other chick for him, I'd kick him in the dick!"

"Langauge!" Julienne sounded exacerbated as she clamped her hand over her sister’s mouth and frowned. "It's a three strike rule. What if Dad had heard you say two swears so close together, and then you did a third one? He'd wash your mouth out with soap and Plum Powder! And you do not want that to happen, okay? So control your diaper-mouth! Gosh..."

My cheeks were red by the time she took her hand off my mouth. "Dick isn't a bad word, first off! And there is nothing puffy about my butt, so cut it out! And... what the hell is Plum Powder?"

"Hell is a swear word, too."

"Oh my God. No it isn't. You're so backwards."

"It is so too. And Plum Powder makes your voice all chirpy and airy like a baby, and makes long words hard to say right, and also makes you lisp, so you don't want Daddy to hear you saying bad words, got it? Good." Her eyes leerily watched her sister as she took one step back, and then crossed her arms. "Be a good girl."

"Don't act like you're all 'older sibling' now! And technically, you said Hell." She went wide eyed, and then looked even more harshly at me.

"YOU. SAID. IT. AGAIN!"

"It's not a swear word! It's a fictional place! That's like saying Narnia is a swear word!"

"I don't know what that is!"

"It's like Hell!"

"Then you can't say it either!"

"...I can't say Narnia?"

“What did I just say?!”

“You don’t know what you are talking about!”

It had only been a few moments since their argument, but Mace had heard a choice string of curse words from his youngest daughter as he approached.

-----------------------

• Like 5

35.)

“Maisie.” His voice was loud.  Sharp.  Like a smack on the thigh.  Maisie turned on her heel and opened her mouth to explain herself.  But her new Dad was prepared.  He raised his hand and sprayed a small bottle right into her mouth.

“I can be lenient at home, Maisie, but not in public.”

I choked for a second on the gritty spray as it made my mouth tingle.  I tried to spit it out on the ground, but my whole tongue was already numb.  My throat was close behind.  He took me by the hand and led me down the path toward the restaurant, lecturing me about swearing.  All the while, Julienne smiled brightly and traipsed behind.  It wasn’t until we sat down at the picnic table that she weighed in:

“Go ahead.  Talk.”

I shook my head, my cheeks as red as the tablecloth, and I played with my hands in my lap. I felt funny. Off-color. The spray had left a sugary taste in my mouth.

The menus were simple and laminated — waterproof, should one of the patrons be wet from the beach — and had simple delights befitting a beach town, with a lot of focus on fresh seafood, which was to be expected. The waitress came to take orders, and Mace went first, and then Julienne after looking at her sister with a devious grin, and finally, the waitress turned to Maisie. "Go on, sis, tell the nice lady what you'd like!"

I shook my head quietly, my cheeks glowing even brighter, and looked at my feet.

"Don't be shy now!"

I bit my lip and pointed to the menu, at the cheese sticks, and the woman nodded with a smile. Julienne, it seemed, was not impressed. The woman left with our orders and I sighed. I could do this. Completely quiet for a couple hours...

Julienne spent a solid five minutes pushing and pestering and asking all sorts of questions of her sister, in an attempt to get her to talk in her newly cute voice.

"It's impolite not to talk, especially when your sister is talking to you and driving me a little crazy."

I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest. Julienne looked like she was ready to give up when our food came. I sipped at the glass of soda - they had soda here! - and started in on my cheese sticks.

"Don't drink too much of that, or your undies will be even wetter."

Julienne's comment stuck a needle in my side and I pouted at her, opening my mouth to argue, and closed it again. I took a deep breath and went back to my food, clearly frustrated.

"You won't last. Some cute boy will compliment you when we go back to the beach, and then you'll open your mouth to talk and you'll hear your voice and squeak and run away. At least if you talk now, you can get used to it." Julienne took a bite of her chicken-fingers and smiled happily, humming as she chewed.

I shook my head, still a little frustrated, and took a sip of the soda. People can say whatever they want. It doesn't mean I need to talk. I went fifteen years of my life totally invisible, and there was no reason I couldn't keep that streak going!

"Okay." Julienne shrugged her shoulders, then waited for her sister to take another sip of soda before viciously attacking her with a barrage of tickles, causing the lemon-soda to spill all over her swimsuit and thighs, and for her to burst out into a string of amazingly childish giggles.

"Julienne, that wasn't nice. You apologize to your sister right this second."

"Sorry sis... do you forgive me...?" She grinned. Oh, how she grinned.

I looked down at the clear soda on my swimsuit and stood up in frustration. It didn't look like I wet myself or anything - it was too high up for that - but it was really uncomfortable! I bit hard on my cheek to keep from talking and took the last cheese stick off my plate, grabbing my bag from beside me with my swim clothes, and stormed out of the restaurant. Mace was not happy with Julienne, either. This was supposed to be a nice family vacation.

"Hey....! Hey. HEY!" Julienne ran after her sister, and caught up with her in short order, taking her hand after three attempts, and sighing. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I didn't know Dad was going to Plum Powder you, and I tried to warn you, and I thought if you spoke then you could hear how you sounded and we'd all laugh and smile and be happy. I just want you to be happy, is all, and I guess I mess that up sometimes, but now you're mad, at Daddy is mad, and nobody is happy..."

"Because you a thupid!" .........okay. Wow. I blushed much deeper than before and took my hand out of my sister's storming further away before she could catch up. I couldn't believe I sounded like that... like I hardly knew how to talk. No wonder girls here didn't swear...

"Wait! Hey!" It was very difficult to keep up with Maisie, especially with how determined she seemed to be to not be caught up with, but in the grassy-field where the playground was, Julienne finally found her. "You sound so cute, you... gosh. I've never heard anybody sound so cute on Plum Powder, not like you do right now, you're so... so... gosh. Um. I don't even know. It just makes me want to cuddled you and make you all better..."

"Well, I d-" I suddenly stopped talking, realizing talking wasn't what I wanted to do in the first place, and felt my cheeks grow darker. This was so stupid! SO STUPID! "...I... am not... a... baby..." But boy did I sound like one, even taking my time as not to mispronounce words.

"I know you're not. I'm not, either, and neither are any of our friends. Babies can't make their own food, or dress themselves, or read or write or anything like that. They're helpless. But we're not helpless. We wear diapers, but saying that makes us babies is like saying that wearing clothes makes us babies because babies wear clothes, too." She frowned and flopped back on the grass, her diaper crinkling as she settled and looked up at Maisie, sighing.

...ugh, why was she right?! Why couldn't she be wrong so I could yell at her! But... they did. They did make her a baby. Right? But she wasn't. Just... childish... I sighed, putting my head down next to hers on the grass, and looking up at the sky. The whole place was noisy with people...

“How wong does dis wast?”

"Maybe six hours..."

Julienne reached up and played with her sister’s hair as they lay together, and she sighed as a smile spread to her lips, however faint it may have been. "I like hearing you talk cute... because I talked cute until I was nine, and it makes me feel like we're proper sisters, like you've always been here, and we've always been together. I like times like that because that way I don't have to think about the bad stuff in your past, just the good stuff in our future..."

"It wa'int bad stuff. Juss stuff." She sighed and patted my stomach. I let her. We laid there for a minute until she got up.

"Wanna go paddle-boating with me?" Paddle-boats were horrible. Just. Horrible. So much work, little unstable rocky things that they were. You got them in precisely two situations: with a sibling, or on a date. That was it. Because who really wanted to take a two-person boat with pedals out into the ocean under any other circumstances?!

"I dun’no wha dat iss… thud we fin’ Maith?” She shook her head and smiled.

"He'll figure it out."

"Otay..." I followed her through the beaches until the docks, and then rented out a paddle boat with one of the plastic bills from a pocket in her swimsuit. Swimsuit pockets. Now that’s smart.

The paddle boat was not very big, basically just two seats next to each other, with pedals in the footwells of each, and as small a boat as possible built around this, and the paddle behind the seats. But it was bright pink and white, and said Sea Sister on the side, which was enough for Julienne. She climbed into the farthest seat and settled down into place as it bobbed in the calm ocean water, then smiled at her sister, whom still stood upon the dock. "Come on, get in, silly."

"Does dis go out far..."

"As far as we take it, I guess."

"I... I juss not da bess swimmer..." She just stared at me.

"I asked you..."

"I know how! Juss... not thupa good..." Could I sound any more humiliating? Seriously? God, I probably couldn't if I tried….

"Okay, um..." With reckless abandon, Julienne climbed out of the boat and bounced back up onto the dock. "Wait here." Arm floats were usually intended for younger children, but some older girls used them for convenience, and because boys liked to see them on girls, so it only took a brief walk to the paddle boat shack to buy a pair in blue, pre-inflated, and then return.

"Hold your arms out, straight out. Don't fuss." Floats were simple. You put your arms through, and they sat at the tops, near your shoulders, and no matter what happened past their point you'd be pretty much buoyant, more or less.

"I not wearin' floaties." I crossed my arms tight over my arms and ignored the girl as I stepped into the boat. It rocked, and I felt nervous as I sat down.

"I fine.. I can thwim fine." Though the words felt solid in my throat, the rest of me was feeling otherwise. I put my feet against the little pedals and sighed. Okay, you can do this... it's just water.

"You have to wear them. I told the owners you couldn't swim, so now you have to or they won't let us take the paddle boat, and you promised you'd come paddle-boating with me, so put your arms out." As to how much of that was true, well, that was anybody’s guess, but Julienne stepped onto the boat one foot on either side as she balanced, and held the floats. "Arms up. Above your head, right now."

"Jew-een..." She couldn't help the smile at that one, and I raised my hands above my head. This was so dumb. She tugged each floaty down over them and up to my shoulders. I mumbled something quietly to the boat and looked nervously at water. I couldn't believe I was wearing floaties. If anyone back home knew this...

"There! Now if you fall out, you'll just bob to the surface!" Julienne slid down into her seat on the boat, put her feet on the pedals, and then put her hand in her sister’s.

"Okay, on three, one... two..." Paddle boats did tend to need both parties to coordinate as best they could, by virtue of the fact that the back paddle was split into two and they each controlled half of it, and if one person wasn't pulling their weight, the boat would just go in circles..."Three~"

-----------------------

• Like 4
  • Sophie ♥ changed the title to Lillikol (Complete) +FAQ