LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Happened To The Shoutbox?

really, - I found it annoying, to the point I closed it - well, that's not really the right word, whatever you call it when you can still see the bar for an item in it's place - but the item itself is not visible unless you click something to expand it....

Me too! I reduced it to bare minimum but it was like the board was being invaded. Before I discovered you could reduce the box, it felt like I was unwillingly being shown Private Messages between the members who were Shout-ing.

D <_ lly>

People were using it like a chatroom and the real chatroom emptied out. The shoutbox uses more of our on-server resources, so it's not meant to be used like live chat.

People were using it like a chatroom and the real chatroom emptied out. The shoutbox uses more of our on-server resources, so it's not meant to be used like live chat.

Aww, it was easier when wanting to board yet talk. Oh well, more resources = more money, so over all, seeing it go is good.

I had it collapsed too... The first few times I looked at it, I saw a few regular/genuine posters having a brief chat which I guess is what it was meant for but there was also loads of "are you wet?" and "are you wearing?" and the likes... That sort of stuff just made me hit the close button.

And anyway, it looked like it was refreshing about once every 5 seconds or so. If you consider 50-100 or so users online at any given time (and sometimes many more) then it doesn't take a maths genius to see that's a whole lot of bandwidth, database queries, server processing time, etc. being swallowed up.