LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pulmonary Function Test

Hello Everyone:

Well, I have been trying to figure out why I cannot stop this ridiculous COUGHING FIT that I have had since January - it gets so bad some nights that I sit BOLT UPRIGHT in bed, and I feel like I am either gonna cough up my lung, or that my airway will close up.  I think it may be due to my allergies or something in my environment, or due to severe bouts of bronchitis.  Usually, when I get the bronchitis, the doctor gives me some prednizone to help me open things up so I can get rid of whatever it is.

This year however, I have been coughing like crazy, and with my asthma, I have my inhalers and such, and he knows that a nebulizer helps me to get the rest of whatever it is out of my system - However, they want me to have the Pulmonary Function Test.  I have to see the Pulmonologist  on Tuesday, and then HOPEFULLY, when this COVID-19 thing is over, I can get the test they want me to have.  It has been a nightmare sometimes, because it feels like I am unable to breathe.

This sucks guys and girls - Hopefully they can help me get whatever is causing this under control - I continue to use the nebulizer with the duoneb med mix - It helps, but I would like to be able to get to to the bottom of this!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I work through this with my medical team ;)

Thanks,

Brian

OK:  Today, set up my work laptop to be able to handle the ZOOM Meeting:  All Audio and Video connections sound and look GOOD:  We shall see tomorrow what is going ON :)

Brian

20 hours ago, baker7 said:

Hello Everyone:

Well, I have been trying to figure out why I cannot stop this ridiculous COUGHING FIT that I have had since January - it gets so bad some nights that I sit BOLT UPRIGHT in bed, and I feel like I am either gonna cough up my lung, or that my airway will close up.  I think it may be due to my allergies or something in my environment, or due to severe bouts of bronchitis.  Usually, when I get the bronchitis, the doctor gives me some prednizone to help me open things up so I can get rid of whatever it is.

This year however, I have been coughing like crazy, and with my asthma, I have my inhalers and such, and he knows that a nebulizer helps me to get the rest of whatever it is out of my system - However, they want me to have the Pulmonary Function Test.  I have to see the Pulmonologist  on Tuesday, and then HOPEFULLY, when this COVID-19 thing is over, I can get the test they want me to have.  It has been a nightmare sometimes, because it feels like I am unable to breathe.

This sucks guys and girls - Hopefully they can help me get whatever is causing this under control - I continue to use the nebulizer with the duoneb med mix - It helps, but I would like to be able to get to to the bottom of this!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I work through this with my medical team ;)

Thanks,

Brian

Hope they can help you. Breathing issues, especially nowadays, are very scary.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, NannaAnnabelle said:

Hope they can help you. Breathing issues, especially nowadays, are very scary.

@NannaAnnabelle

Thank You for your kind words:  This is getting ridiculous, because it happens when you least expect it, and as I said, I am COUGHING when trying to do day to day activities:  This includes talking on the phone, talking to family who visit me, eating and trying to rest.  Tomorrow (4/28) I am supposed to see the doctor via ZOOM, and I Hope that he can figure this out - At work, I am "scaring people" because of the coughing - My Dad already has COPD, my stepmom has emphysema AND COPD, and I have asthma - we are hurting units - Hopefully they will be ale to help me to figure out what is causing the problem - I can't deal with this much longer - The waiting is getting crazy, but I have to remain under quarantine until the Doctor releases me, and I am not sure when that will be, as I am Immunocompromised - and I am NOT gonna risk anything, or I'll be Hospitalized, and then they will MAKE me do what I am supposed to heheehe :)

Brian

UPDATE:

Tuesday afternoon, had a conference with the Pulmonary Doctor.  He ordered PT for my breathing as well as a few changes to my routine:

1.  He wants me to be walking with my walker, more, although I am not able to do much of that, as I want to make that part of my disability rehab, and use a prone stander and some other aids to make my legs stronger - Not sure if Pulmonary PT will work for that. A Nurse from the "acute care team" admitted me into their program, and will mostlikely see me 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks.

2.  He wants me to add a large WEDGE under my mattress on the head end of the bed to make sure my head is higher then my feet, saying that it will help my breathing.

3.  He increased the frequency of the use if my Xopenex Inhaler (2 puffs ever 4 hours as needed)

4.  He increased the Strength of my Symbicort Inhaler from 80/4.5 to 160/4.5, (2 puffs 2 times a day)

5.  He wants me to use the Nebulizer (duoneb) as directed, as needed (prescrbed 4 times a day)

6. He wants me to use the current Symbicort inhaler (80/4.5) until gone: 4 puffs 2x a day, to EQUAL the new dosage increase)

7.  He wants me to make sure I am not laying down when eating, or right after eating: Have to twait 2 hours before laying down at night/after eating/not drinking coffee, etc

8.  He told me he thinks that my asthmatic symptoms will eventually go away if I use the strategies and meds I have:  I also use the "coughing pearls" to quiet the cough as needed.  I will ALWAYS have asthma, but the key is to manage the symptoms.  It seems to me that I will always have these symptoms, so hopefully these changes will help make a difference :)

We Shall see what happens.....

Brian