LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Modern Mommy magazine issue 2

I'm not sure where I should be posting this, or even if it's OK to post at all.  On the other hand it's probably of interest to plenty of people on here.  It's a magazine published nearly 30 years ago by Tommy at the DPF.  Technically it will still be under copyright law, but on the other hand the copyright is surely worth nothing.  Anyway, here's the front cover of issue 2.  I've got the rest of this issue and also issue 3, but I won't post any more unless I get some sort of OK from a moderator.  It was printed on a B&W photocopier, so don't expect high res graphics.  Some nice 50s style though.

Modern Mommy issue 2 page 01.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Stroller,

I'd be really keen to see more of these if the moderators are happy with it. It's amazing to think how much technology has changed since these were produced! It would be wonderful to see some of our community's heritage!

Stay happy in your nappy!

About the only thing I can say is this. DD should give it a go with the stated proviso that if a true cophyright holder shows up and makes a claim, DD will try to reach an agreement. If such claimant is a decent sort then there should be no legal fireworks, either they prohibit the publication and that ends it, or not and it goes forward from there. If they jump ugly from the start, then they really have no legal case as far as I know, and I will defer to Angela on this, because they did not try to reach a non-adversarial agreement. I think MM was the brainchild of someone who was using DPF as a distribution platform IRRC. All you can do is try. If there is a holder to a copyright and they wish to use MM as a paid publication, they would be off their tiara to NOT use DD as a distribution platform, You are not likely to get takers for this kind of thing from the local Pentacostal Christian association or the Ford Foundation

Frankly, I think you are far less likely to get trouble from whatever may be left of DPF than from Brooke Shields for the use of her photograph here.

Just an opinion from someone with no legal expertise or training...

I'm not sure where I should be posting this, or even if it's OK to post at all.  On the other hand it's probably of interest to plenty of people on here.  It's a magazine published nearly 30 years ago by Tommy at the DPF.  Technically it will still be under copyright law, but on the other hand the copyright is surely worth nothing.  Anyway, here's the front cover of issue 2.  I've got the rest of this issue and also issue 3, but I won't post any more unless I get some sort of OK from a moderator.  It was printed on a B&W photocopier, so don't expect high res graphics.  Some nice 50s style though.
1985503206_ModernMommyissue2page01.thumb.jpg.25eb6caf43e9edc2cfc7b8486cbd281f.jpg

Somehow I use to get DPF in my old post office box, I remember I would read it over and over again, great little newsletter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 6 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 9:49 PM, diaperedartist said:

Please post those here or another site like deviant art or Fetlife. You’re sitting on history that is worth sharing. DPF is no more and sharing the Modern Mommy material is more archival then breaking a copyright law.

I know.  But I'm not going to risk posting them without the go-ahead from a moderator, and none have responded.

Sounds pretty interesting to me . DPF was the first site I ever found after making a search , titled  ( Why do I love diapers ) the second one was Daily Diapers and then Adisc there were a few others I can't remember but  that was way back in the 90s .

I have learned so much since then and have been able to accept my self thanks to these and other online communities .