LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinent Persons Addiction To Diapers

I would like to hear your stories about this. I am incontinent and have to wear a diaper 24/7. Wearing diapers is like an addiction to a drug. My friends and family know I wear diapers but they know I stay quite about it with the public but I do not totally hide the fact I wear diapers, just like a drug addict. I have had to go to the urologist who has me take my diaper off after getting it off all I could think of is getting another diaper back on, I just dont feel secure with it off. Even when I take a shower, I strip and take a shower I feel so unsecure with out them durring my shower. Is this normal or do I have a mental problem?

Far from it diapermike as far as I can see-mental problem=NO (although I am no doctor or pscycologist etc) :roflmao:

I am exactly the same now that I have been wearing full time for what must now be about 9 months, I definately do not feel safe without one on !

I am sure it is a security thing-Freud would doubtless have plenty to say on the subject, but for me it is very simple-wear my Nappy and not make puddles in innapropriate places and therfore save on embarrasement. :blush::badmood:

Although I dont wear one into the shower !

I will bet that we are NOT alone in this feeling.

I also feel insecure without a diaper. And as incontinent people, I think that's normal. After all, without protection, we're in danger of having an embarrassing accident. I always wear a diaper unless I'm sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement, taking a shower, or changing out of one diaper to put on another one. I certainly wear one when I go to a doctor, but sometimes the doctor needs for me to remove it long enough for an examination. And if I didn't wear a diaper, I would feel extremely insecure with good reason because sooner or later I would have an embarrassing accident or leave a puddle on the floor or ruin a piece of furniture.

I too have thought that I might be strange for feeling so vulnerable if I’m not wearing a diaper. I’m relieved (and grateful) to hear that there are others who feel the same way. I have urge incontinence and usually get enough warning to make it to the bathroom in time. But sometimes I can be standing in my bathroom washing my hands and suddenly flood my diaper before I can even turn around and use the toilet! Or I can make it all the way home dry on my commute and wet myself while I’m walking from the carport to the house or unlocking the door. Because I never know when I’m going to need my diaper, I have to wear one on all the time! Even if I stopped having bladder contractions without warning, I’d probably still feel the same though. I’ve been diaper-dependant for so long that it would be difficult to trust myself.

hmmmm, I sorta feel the same way mike, lol, I have peed or messed all over everything after getting out of shower or just simply changing (embarrassing!). As incontinent you never know when you will go. But diapers are NOT a drug though, they are a medical NEED. I would much ather see a person in diapers than on drugs.

I have to agree about the 'stigma' of being incontinent. I just do not understand why society cannot accept what is basically a medical condition and no big deal. Nappies are no big deal for whatever reason... B)

Although I am not incontinent, I do find wearing nappies a tremendous relief - I hate public toilets, fear of getting caught short when stuck in one of the UK's notorious motorway traffic jams... and so on. Effectively I do wear every night and most days too, and would have it no other way. Likewise I am always worried in case I have an accident when I forget I'm not in my nappy!!

Like most here I will stay happy in my nappy!!!

Simba :D

I don't like to wear diapers but I do know that feeling when I'm not wearing them.

I know that I can go at anytime (except right after) so that makes me a little edgy when I'm not in a diaper. I also leak seminal fluid so I really need to wear something at all times.

I have been in the exam room with my diaper pulled down and I just peed with no warning. I really can happen at anytime.

Far from it diapermike as far as I can see-mental problem=NO (although I am no doctor or pscycologist etc) :roflmao:

I am exactly the same now that I have been wearing full time for what must now be about 9 months, I definately do not feel safe without one on !

I am sure it is a security thing-Freud would doubtless have plenty to say on the subject, but for me it is very simple-wear my Nappy and not make puddles in innapropriate places and therfore save on embarrasement. :blush::badmood:

Although I dont wear one into the shower !I

I will bet that we are NOT alone in this feeling.

I love wearing them too. I love the feel of the diapers.

I love wearing them too. I love the feel of the diapers.

For a lot of my life I have had wetting problems, but managed without diapers -the times when I have had to live life in wet underwear with damp patches showing on my jeans etc were too numerous to be funny.

I now wear almost all the time, but try to use a toilet whenever I possibly can and if at home will sometimes try to last for an hour or two in ordinary underwear. All this is an attempt to cope and try to recover what most people would regard as normality.

But it isn't any more normal to have constantly wet briefs or to have to change your pants 3 times a day let alone the danger of really big accidents that others have recognised. I don't want to get worse but I don't have problems about being addicted to diapers as I really do try to avoid going in them if at all possible.

One of the advantages is that I don't have to try to hold on to bladder or bowel contents to the point where it hurts like hell - I won't stop trying to keep control- but if it gets too desperate I will let go - whereas in ordinary underwear I would hold on until the bitter end - and then usually lose the battle and be very wet or messy.

Diapers are a convenience and enable me to be much less stressed so that I can be relaxed and enjoy myself more - I can also have an nights sleep uninterrupted by having to set the alarm every 3 hours so as to get up and pee in the hope of keeping the bed dry. (another area of failure as often as not)

So I don't think Diapers are addictive - they are like medicinal drugs - useful but with some negative side effects.