LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting control back (Potty training for adults!)

I’m sure that this has been covered before, but just wanted to enquire into whether it is more difficult to potty train as an adult, presuming that you’ve managed to undo your control, or potty training the first time around when a child?

Reason I ask is that I’m wearing 24/7 and have noticed an increasing lack of awareness of wetting, where on a couple of occasions recently, I’ve noticed that I’m wetting after its actually started. So, if I go much further with this, lose continence and then need to re-train, how easy or difficult is it? I heard someone say once that it’s more difficult as an adult. 

Any ideas? 

It may vary from person to person. I haven't read too much about people re-potty training themselves after incontinence/ diaper training. What few statements I've come across have said that it is more difficult as an adult. 

10 hours ago, Bbuttons said:

I’m sure that this has been covered before, but just wanted to enquire into whether it is more difficult to potty train as an adult, presuming that you’ve managed to undo your control, or potty training the first time around when a child?

Reason I ask is that I’m wearing 24/7 and have noticed an increasing lack of awareness of wetting, where on a couple of occasions recently, I’ve noticed that I’m wetting after its actually started. So, if I go much further with this, lose continence and then need to re-train, how easy or difficult is it? I heard someone say once that it’s more difficult as an adult. 

Any ideas? 

Not sure how far gone you are.  If you're not THAT far, I went 24/7 for about 2.5 - 3  months before I had to come out of diapers.  Upon returning to grown-up underwear, I experienced reduced bladder capacity and some urgency issues for a couple of weeks.  I went often and when I needed to go, I needed to go NOW!  Gradually things got back to about 90% of what they were before.

When I went back 24/7 4 weeks later, I fell back into the level of dependency (not THAT much) that I was when I first stopped but much more quickly.  Within a fortnight, I was back where I was after 2 - 3 months.

I've since been 24/7 for a whole year and sometimes I wake up wet now without remembering it.  I haven't tested anything so far.

It really depends on the individual I think.  I have been wearing diapers for almost three years straight and I feel that I could probably sleep without a diaper and not wet the bed.  I can only really recall wetting my diaper once at night without knowing.  

At least for me, I had to think that I was standing in front of a toilet to use the bathroom.    It took me a long to get past that barrier.  I'm fortunately not at the point where I automatically void in a diaper, so I can use underwear (I don't, but I can).   However,based on what I know- it would take me even long to retain my body to only void in a toilet.

3 hours ago, DiaperedAllTheTime said:

It really depends on the individual I think.  I have been wearing diapers for almost three years straight and I feel that I could probably sleep without a diaper and not wet the bed.  I can only really recall wetting my diaper once at night without knowing.  

Slightly off-topic from the OP question but I'd be fascinated to hear what kind of control you have at 3 years of 24/7!

Potty training as a adult who diaper trained themself is very possible. 

I myself have gone through diaper training 3 times and potty training 3 times. 

I am now at the place I worked so hard to get to. 

When wearing a diaper I have no control of wetting or messing my diaper, yet I can go weeks on end wearing underwear and use the toilet as needed. 

I prefer wearing diapers, but one of my jobs makes it impossible to do so, so I wear my underwear to that job and change into a diaper for my next job. 

Yes, I work 2 full time jobs.