LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anoying Rats

Two of my pet rats at about midnight decided to go into respiratory distress and scare the hell out of me, i removed them from the cage with half an hour sure enough they where attacking my bed sheet as usual . They've fully recovered still haven't figured out what caused it.

I suspect i let my room get a bit too hot. Dam thing have no consideration.

Interesting pets, but I'll stick with a dog. Frankly, there wouldn't be a problem if I woke up with my dog in my bed, but if I woke up with 2 rats in my bed I better hope I'm diapered because I'll sure need to be!

Rats, hummmm...

Unfortunately, I can't really help you, I know a lot more about how to kill then, than keeping them alive and healthy. (I used to have a BIG problem with wild ones constantly chowing electrical wires, sheetrock, exc. - generally destroying the building).

Years ago, I had about 4 mice as pets - that's about the closest I have come. And when they started getting sick (thing may have changed now, that was YEARS ago) the vet told my basically there was not much they could do, because they are so small it's difficault to even do too meny tests to see what's doing on without making things worst....

What may cause it is cedar bedding. You should get that gray fuzzy stuff they sell in the green bags, thats much better for their respritory system. I know, I owned rats for a long time, until Mr. Bigglesworth (that being his name) chewed through one of my Cat 5 cables and disconnected my internet. I turned him loose after that.

i used to hav pet rats too,i woke up one day after one of them got out and decided to sleep with me

I like to lie in bed and read a book or magazine with them curled up with me. 2 of them seems to be fine but despite apearing to get better he now seems to be quite clearly not very well.

Hes drinking which is good signbut to the vets on monday hope hes not gonna die on me as he is my fav that seems ill.

I dont actually know how old there are but id put a guess at about 1yr&1/2 and only live 2 to 3 years so i supose he could be getting on a bit but he has a nice coat and clear eye with no tumurs . i use a catliter type stuff in their cage which i make sure is safe for them, its surpriseing the number of litter stuff that has safe for pets and actaully isnt.

My rats are realy well behavoued they dont pay any intrest in cables the girl i got them off had allready trained them not to chew on cables, but my bed sheet are full of holes.

Rats seem to make a realy good pet there a lot like cats and dogs rather than other small rodents very freindl, they love play with you. and they allways great me when i come in from work.

hmmm....

my ferrets were notorious for chewing on things......and sometimes animals will ingest things that they can't pass......things then get all clogged up and cause all sorts of problems...

also if one is seemingly sick...and the others are not...have you seperated them?.......

I bet if you do a search online about rat care...you'll find sites that can offer some suggestions or support........the ferret sites always have forums too.......and people there are often regulars who are eager to assist.....

after losing my second ferret i decided to not get anymore.......i sure miss them....but my allergies are way more controlable without one........i've considered a rat ......but have a hard time with the concept of it's a "rat".........

hope your little friend gets better soon!......

backyardspookie_WEB.jpg

spookie

PICT2928.jpg

luckie star

hmmm....

my ferrets were notorious for chewing on things......and sometimes animals will ingest things that they can't pass......things then get all clogged up and cause all sorts of problems...

also if one is seemingly sick...and the others are not...have you seperated them?.......

I bet if you do a search online about rat care...you'll find sites that can offer some suggestions or support........the ferret sites always have forums too.......and people there are often regulars who are eager to assist.....

after losing my second ferret i decided to not get anymore.......i sure miss them....but my allergies are way more controlable without one........i've considered a rat ......but have a hard time with the concept of it's a "rat".........

hope your little friend gets better soon!......

backyardspookie_WEB.jpg

spookie

PICT2928.jpg

luckie star

I havent seperated on the grounds that there allready infected if its an infection so to reduce the stress on him ive opted to keep them togther, ive got him to drink some soya milk. hopefully he'll live though to monday to see the vet but i dont think hes gonna make it to honest. iam quite upset i would suspect that its summet he eat either hes caught the bug that way or summet hes has messed up his insides as the other two seem like them ussaly selfs.

i sorry Manchesterlad.......i really do hope he's feeling better soon.......i know it's awful to watch a lil friend like that suffer.....me's sendin good thoughts your way....jennie

i sorry Manchesterlad.......i really do hope he's feeling better soon.......i know it's awful to watch a lil friend like that suffer.....me's sendin good thoughts your way....jennie

Rat doin much better nwo since last trip to vet nearly back to his usally self. he had a blood clot that resitricting blood flow to one his hind legs hince why he was feelign ill and teh moh hes licking my feet which means he may well be dead tommory. lol iam ina good mood today got a nearly recovered rat, got to do some outdoor climbing and went go karting tonight all in all a good day

Almost the same story for Nibbler my guinea pig. He went into distress one day and I took him outside thinking he just needed some fresh air and....he died an hour later =/.

But yeah, nothing like watching tv or reading with a cuddly little rodent!

I always wanted a pet rat but my parent never let me have one, they let me get the guinea pig though that was alive for like 6 or so years. Personally I think guinea pigs are just fat rats with no tail but that wasn't a good argument to get a rat.

Awww....Yea!.....

I'm so happy for you and your lil rat friend.....what a happy ending to a perplexing story........i was almost afraid to read your post for fear it would be sad news!...

Your rat is a lucky little creature in many ways it sounds like..........and he has a good caretaker and friend in you!....give em an extra cuddle from jennie after you read this :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Awww....Yea!.....

I'm so happy for you and your lil rat friend.....what a happy ending to a perplexing story........i was almost afraid to read your post for fear it would be sad news!...

Your rat is a lucky little creature in many ways it sounds like..........and he has a good caretaker and friend in you!....give em an extra cuddle from jennie after you read this :thumbsup:

unfortually the other day said that had the blood clot had several fits in one day, then became very weak and i had to have put down yesterday then this moring i also found his bother brother dead, his chest problem had got worse and i think his bother gone he had given up up, remaining rat seems well though gonna keep a close eye on him though.

aww...i really am sorry Manchesterlad....the loss of a pet is a very painful and sad experience...

i finallycan say little luckie's name without getting all teary eyed.....and it's been over a year.........one thing i did that sorta helped was to post a photo and letter to both my ferrets when they left me on the following page http://www.laneferrets.org/html/tribute.htm ......it is for ferrets.....but i'm sure there might be something for rats if you do a search..... you can read the letters i wrote for spookie and luckie there if you like......i found writing them very healing......

also incase you've never read the poem "Rainbow Bridge" i've cut and pasted it.........it's sad but also comforting to think someday you'll be able to see your little friends again.....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

again i'm sorry you've lost your little friends...i hope somehow this helps you like it helps me.....jennie bear

Manchesterlad, i'm very sorry for your loss. i've had pets all my life, it's never easy. i hope that offering *hugs* can bring you some comfort.

jenniebear, thank you for posting that poem. i was in tears before i finished it, it's very beautiful and brings back so many feelings and memories *hugs*

michelle