LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My oven won't work!

21 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

It's been a week now.  Have you had it fixed yet, and if not, how are you getting along without it?

Not fixed yet. using the crock pot more than usual.

A gas oven, if you here the clicking in the oven, that's the ignition if no gas is coming out it may be a bad solenoid , the coil should be on the back of the stove at the bottom, they generally are plastic round and have a 2 pin plug on them, there may be 2 separate coils, unplug the stove from the electric wall outlet, then un plug the coils take a volt, ohm meter, on ohms test the coils if one is open, ( no reading 0, ohms) then replace the coil. That should fix it. NOTE If you are not competent in repairing things like this,,,, Gas is very dangerous you should call an appliance repairman ,, you can be shocked, and or cause a gas explosion if anything is done improperly . 

Thats why  repairmen get paid the big bucks.

17 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

A gas oven, if you here the clicking in the oven, that's the ignition if no gas is coming out it may be a bad solenoid , the coil should be on the back of the stove at the bottom, they generally are plastic round and have a 2 pin plug on them, there may be 2 separate coils, unplug the stove from the electric wall outlet, then un plug the coils take a volt, ohm meter, on ohms test the coils if one is open, ( no reading 0, ohms) then replace the coil. That should fix it. NOTE If you are not competent in repairing things like this,,,, Gas is very dangerous you should call an appliance repairman ,, you can be shocked, and or cause a gas explosion if anything is done improperly . 

Thats why  repairmen get paid the big bucks.

Yeah, waiting until I can afford to call Mr Appliance. I don't mess with gas

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Yeah if you ar not sure what your doing that a smart move. I worked on all consumer appliances , TV's VCR, DVD, stereos everything fo over 20 yrs, before seeing it was going to a throw away world, I changed professions . yrs before I retired medically. All to say thats why I said the instructions the way I did, it can even be dangerous to a qualified repairman.

I would look for referrals and google the repairman you can use a cheaper repairman, as long as you do your homework ....

12 hours ago, DailyDi said:

until then, invest in a toaster oven, i do my pizzas in one, and i use to do nuggets and tots in one all the time, saves power too, no preheating and less space to heat to get the food ready, plus foods done faster(no preheating), just dont put pizzas on broil, i did that, ONCE, needed a trip to the dentist

Yeah if you mostly do frozen pizza and small stuff, you will save money on power. We just recently replaced our stove with a new one , but we still use our toaster oven more, because its still faster and cheaper. And we got our Oster toaster oven a few yrs ago for about $40. Much cheaper than a service call.

7 hours ago, foreverdl said:

Yeah if you mostly do frozen pizza and small stuff, you will save money on power. We just recently replaced our stove with a new one , but we still use our toaster oven more, because its still faster and cheaper. And we got our Oster toaster oven a few yrs ago for about $40. Much cheaper than a service call.

nuggets, tots, maybe pizza rolls, pizza, tv dinners, cresent rolls, reheating meats and fries, corndogs, i use one for all these things(well except pizza rolls, a minute in the microwave and they are ready)