LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worst Feeling

When i’m sick, I drink a lot of fluid and tend to pee a lot more so nothing makes me feel better than wearing a diaper and knowing that I can just relax down there. I ordered some diapers online earlier this week thinking they’d be here by the weekend, since I knew my current supply was dwindling, but it looks like they won’t arrive until next week. Now i’m sick and wearing my last diaper :’( 

Strongly debating whether or not I should just go to a drug store and buy a pack in person, but I really hate doing that... 

One of the best things about cloth diapers is that if you have a good inventory and access to a working washer and dryer, you never run out

Now, you have two alternatives and only one choice

1 Go to a pharmacy (a "drug store" for me is a place that sells musical instruments), buy more diapers while you hate it. and reap the consequences, which are easy to figure out
2 Not go to a phramacy, not buy more diapers and not hate it. and reap the consequences of THAT, which are also not hard to figure out

Now, given those alternatives and their results, I know what I am doing

Another thing about buying disposables in a store:  People really don't care what you're buying.  Unless you're in a tiny two-horse community with only one general store and everybody knows everyone else, nobody will even notice.  If so, and you can't get past the thought of buying publicly, then your only recourse would be online, sorry.

If you can break out of your comfort zone for a moment and buy a bag locally, you could keep the excuses in your mind just in case someone asks about them (they won't), "they're for my grandmother" or similar.  Don't just blurt out the excuse unless someone inquires.  Each time you buy locally, you will find it that much easier and less uncomfortable to do so until you find yourself walking into the local Walmart as I do, simply to buy one item, a bag of ASSURANCE BRIEFS (diapers), or Depends, or whatever brand.

It really is all in your mind that people will even care what you're buying or why you're buying it.  Most cashiers (if you don't self-check) only see products and UPC codes anyway, rarely ever paying full attention to what they're scanning.  Most will, even upon recognizing a personal hygiene item like diapers, stay discreet and out of consideration for the customer (and the potential threat of risk to their job upon complaint from said customer) will virtually always say nothing and won't even give any visual clues to recognizing the product specifically.  Even if they recognize it, it's sort of like clinical detachment where they've "seen it all before and it's no big deal".

I agree with DL boy.  No one cares and if you are sick, would you rather mess all over your bed, chair, couch or floor instead of swallowing your pride, getting up your courage and buying a bag of adult diapers in a store?

so far just constant dribbles and small stains on my underwear from coughing and sneezing.. luckily didn’t soak my sheets last night but given all my leaks today it’s probably a good idea to go out and get some

Going to a store and buying diapers is mostly a mind game. Those minimum-wage workers truly don't get paid enough to care. They and any customers who see you will just assume you're buying for an aged or disabled relative. Other customers are too wrapped up in their own affairs to care much what another customer does/ what's in another customer's cart. If you're worried about someone you know recognizing you, you can always drive to a pharmacy/ medical supply store a little further from home.   Though I do hope you're feeling better by now. :) 

5 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Going to a store and buying diapers is mostly a mind game. Those minimum-wage workers truly don't get paid enough to care. They and any customers who see you will just assume you're buying for an aged or disabled relative. Other customers are too wrapped up in their own affairs to care much what another customer does/ what's in another customer's cart. If you're worried about someone you know recognizing you, you can always drive to a pharmacy/ medical supply store a little further from home.   Though I do hope you're feeling better by now. :) 

You’re totally right, it is definitely a mind game! I still get so much anxiety when buying diapers in public though :( I push through it sometimes, but try to avoid the experience at all costs..

On the plus side, I am feeling much better and also comfortably padded now that all my diapers finally came in the mail :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Avoid the embarrassment and anxiety and just buy some towels, I use towels as nappies and they work great (you will of course need pins and plastic pants though)