LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Life in the Dollhouse - Chapter Twenty-Six (4/20)

2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I need to know who Jo is

We already know who she is (in a way). She is a doll. Enough said.

That being said, this was a really enjoyable chapter, Lila is a little scary; she can turn her emotions on a dime, and to me that is a little disconcerting. Nevertheless, this was excellent, and I thank-you. I hope that you and yours are faring well in these times of uncertainty. 

1 hour ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

That being said, this was a really enjoyable chapter, Lila is a little scary; she can turn her emotions on a dime, and to me that is a little disconcerting. 

This is super interesting, from a psychological standpoint.  Usually the whole thing about "emotions" is that they can't be stopped.  You can't even control them.  They pop up in your head, you feel them, and (generally) you act on them.  But Lila can just turn them off when they aren't convenient.  Not only is that a super helpful trait (because emotions can really get in the way of a problem) but she gets the luxury of still feeling them to their fullest and most extreme (which might be a choice of hers, or maybe it's a water-behind-a-dam thing?)

Either way, I think Lila's emotional control is weirdly healthy.  As long as she truly is in control of it and it's not random, she's probably fine (tho a touch superhuman!)

Alternatively, it's an act!  It's easy to control your emotions when you're acting.  I know when I'm a brat, I can turn it off if I want to.

35 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

It's easy to control your emotions when you're acting.

This, exactly. Either Lila is acting, or her emotions are so over-the-top spill-out-of-the-glass intense that she needs to consider some form of external control mechanism. 

If it is the former, it is more troubling, because if she is acting -and we have had no reason to think otherwise- then we have yet to actually meet Lila. And have only met one or more of her many personae. If and only if this theory pans out, I wonder what she is like beneath the layers of guile and guise? 

Thanks for updating Kimmy!!

i think we might’ve been spoiled with the original upload schedule haha, I know I’ve been back refreshing the page every day. 

I hope you’re taking care of yourself during all this! And if we get some new chapters out of it... I won’t complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

5 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Alternatively, it's an act! 

That's where my vote is with her.

As for Jo, could Bree be lucky enough for her to become the bottom and Bree be beneath the others but at least up one? Eh... probably not, but it's a thought.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:20 AM, Bonsai said:

Seems like someone was a bad pet and now is not allowed to post new chapters... ?

Ha!  Quite the opposite.  Certain people would love to put me in the cage and make me do nothing but write on this story!

I've just been really stressed lately.  This story is near and dear to my heart and I want to see where it goes just as much as everyone else ❤️  And those are my favorite kinds of stories to write!

"Write to find out what happens."

12 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

Any updates?

Sorrrrryyyyyyy!

I haven't been devoting my free time or energy to writing, I've been spending it elsewhere.  But I live with a super-fan of this story who very, very much encourages me to continue!  So hopefully I'll have more very soon.  I'm going to try and spend some time writing it this weekend!

9 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Hey, hey, hey.

Could you.  Uh.  Write more now please?

BECAUSE

I need to know who Jo is and how Lila's date goes and I need to know it NOW.

So.  Get on that.

>_>

Make sure I get some cage time tomorrow or Sunday to write!  I need my laptop and headphones and my back pillow :D

I wrote most of this chapter in the cage and I really like how it turned out!

9 hours ago, Guilend said:

Dont we all lol

I sure do!  I don't actually know what happens with Lila's date OR with Jo.  We've caught up with my planning, I have NO IDEA what comes next - and that's super exciting.

7 hours ago, Sarahbedwetter said:

It sounds like she is learning slowly that the girls want what is best. The question remains, can she rise from the bottom 

Which raises another question - if she rises to the bottom, who will end up on the bottom?  Lila?  Faith?  Will Angela LET Faith be on the bottom?  Will Kinsley let Lila be on the bottom?

7 hours ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

We already know who she is (in a way). She is a doll. Enough said.

That being said, this was a really enjoyable chapter, Lila is a little scary; she can turn her emotions on a dime, and to me that is a little disconcerting. Nevertheless, this was excellent, and I thank-you. I hope that you and yours are faring well in these times of uncertainty. 

Do we though?  There are so many possibilities for Jo!  What if she's the first Doll?  The one that was mentioned before, the one that coined the term?  What if she was there before Kinsley laid down the house rules?  Did she come before or after Faith?  Why did she leave?  HOW did she leave?

And thank you!!  Lila is a lot of fun to write ❤️❤️ 

5 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

This is super interesting, from a psychological standpoint.  Usually the whole thing about "emotions" is that they can't be stopped.  You can't even control them.  They pop up in your head, you feel them, and (generally) you act on them.  But Lila can just turn them off when they aren't convenient.  Not only is that a super helpful trait (because emotions can really get in the way of a problem) but she gets the luxury of still feeling them to their fullest and most extreme (which might be a choice of hers, or maybe it's a water-behind-a-dam thing?)

Either way, I think Lila's emotional control is weirdly healthy.  As long as she truly is in control of it and it's not random, she's probably fine (tho a touch superhuman!)

Alternatively, it's an act!  It's easy to control your emotions when you're acting.  I know when I'm a brat, I can turn it off if I want to.

Or does Lila have control at all?  What about Kinsley and her phone, the music for sleeping?  Or what if Angela is behind it all?  We've noticed that Kinsley backs off when Angela takes the lead...

5 hours ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

This, exactly. Either Lila is acting, or her emotions are so over-the-top spill-out-of-the-glass intense that she needs to consider some form of external control mechanism. 

If it is the former, it is more troubling, because if she is acting -and we have had no reason to think otherwise- then we have yet to actually meet Lila. And have only met one or more of her many personae. If and only if this theory pans out, I wonder what she is like beneath the layers of guile and guise? 

Who knows!  I love reading theories though!  Thank you for sharing them :D

I will, of course, neither confirm nor deny anything!!

5 hours ago, PetiteSavvi said:

Thanks for updating Kimmy!!

i think we might’ve been spoiled with the original upload schedule haha, I know I’ve been back refreshing the page every day. 

I hope you’re taking care of yourself during all this! And if we get some new chapters out of it... I won’t complain ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You're welcome and thank you for reading!

I really do prefer the original update schedule, I like having the anticipation of a chapter a day, knowing that the next piece is just tomorrow... but life has kept me from keeping ahead of my posting schedule.

I'm doing my best to take care of myself, and my family, the S&&P house, is doing a great job of taking care of me!

I'll try to write some this weekend so hopefully we'll have a new chapter next week ❤️

57 minutes ago, diaperpt said:

That's where my vote is with her.

As for Jo, could Bree be lucky enough for her to become the bottom and Bree be beneath the others but at least up one? Eh... probably not, but it's a thought.

Good question!  Is this Bree's chance?  Is Jo so pathetic and broken that Bree will need to take care of her?

...I hope we find out soon :D

• Like 1

Long time (multi year) lurker, first time poster, I’ve been following since the beginning. These last comments sparked an idea in me that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned yet and I thought I would add to the discussion.

I wonder if the whole point of the fight your own battles system that Kinsley encourages is to help the Dolls move on from their rough patch and do better after they leave. We know there are two Dolls who have left, Emmie and Jo and Kinsley says “we’ve helped a lot of people over the years” in chapter two. I wonder how many Dolls have passed through over the years. Maybe the whole point of the Doll House is a kind of messed up therapy for the marginalised community of the area?

Perhaps that’s what happened to Lila, maybe she was Kinsley’s first “project” but didn’t progress to the stage of being independent?

Anyway, all I know for certain is that I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

So a few things now that I've caught up on the newest awesome story that Kimmy posted!

First, I dont know how I didnt catch the huge themes of objectification that run through so many of your stories! I read the post explaining your attraction to objectification and it clicked into view in so many stories (which is shocking I've been reading your stories so long and still missed your comments explaining this before now, because I know I've seen the posts about degradation and humiliation)

Second, I love the idea of someone being demoted to 'dolly'! How have I seen no one at CAPCon with that ball-joint doll makeup? I'm sure lots of people in the nursery would love to play with such a dolly!

Every one of your tales is a roller coaster ride to read!

I cant wait to see where this all goes next!

7 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

YES PLEASE!!! :o 

So there's a new idea for you! Bring 'dolly' with to your next big event and offer to share her. Obviously watching them carefully to make sure the other kids don't break your dolly... without your permission that is.?

On 2/20/2020 at 6:51 AM, Wannatripbaby said:

<---- *Does not drink sweet iced tea, but drinks hot tea with milk and sugar every morning like the British do*

I'm weird. XD

I'm born in the south and I don't like any kind of tea (hot,cold, sweet, green). Boo tea and your legions of mind wiped tea slaves!

Chapter Twenty-Five

Blissful quiet.  Stillness.  A cold Coke in her hand, listening to the crack of the ice cubes, and her feet up on the table.  She breathed in the peace, a small smile curling the corner of her lips as she felt her phone buzz in her back pocket.  A smooth motion freed it from her jeans - she knew who was on the other end.  The small smile spread as she swiped the screen and tapped in her PIN.

My Perfect Girl:  Are you sure you don't need me to come back and take care of you?

It had been a year and a half but the butterflies never went away.  The blushes and thrill came just as strongly now as the first day that Angie had asked her out.

Faith:  I'm sure.  I've got to make sure Lila is happy but not too Little before her date.

My Perfect Girl:  Or I could just come back and diaper you both and bottle-feed you until you're too giggly to do anything.

Faith:  Mommyyyy!

She couldn't deny that she wanted it. She wanted it more than anything.  Submitting to Ange let all of her anxieties wash away, all the stress of freelancing, of taking care of herself, of Kinsley, of Lila, of Bree.  It would be so easy to just let Angie come and take her adult clothes - her armor - to wrap one of the many diapers that hid under her bed around her waist.  She felt her heart race as she imagined Angie over her, that sweet smile, that gentle tone.

Nobody saw the same Angie, the same Mommy, that Faith did.

Sitting up, dropping her feet to the floor, Faith steeled herself.

Faith:  If you come over, you will end up in a collar, sweet Angela.

How dominant was Angela feeling that day?  They had an ebb and flow to their energies, and Angela had spent a lot of dominant energy this past week.  Not just on Faith herself, but on Bree, on Lila, even Kinsley to a small extent.  Angie's presence was magical that way.  Faith smirked as the dots danced at the bottom of her screen.  Angela was quick and this reply was taking her a while.

Faith:  It's been a while since I had you tied to the bed.  
Faith:  Or maybe I'll walk you through the house on a leash?

That was the thing about Angela's switching - her submissive side wanted nothing more than to hide, but craved being pulled unwilling out into the open regardless of how fearful she felt about it.  Part of her wanted that thrill and Faith knew it.

Faith:  Let's remember that you need time on the bottom too, my dearest.

My Perfect Girl:  I have work...
My Perfect Girl:  I have two commissions to finish.

Relief and disappointment, the pleasure of victory and the longing desire for her partner's submission.

Faith:  Finish your work, precious girl.  Make me proud.  We'll play soon.  Imagine your soft collar around your neck as you work - you're mine whether it's there or not.

That would give Angela something to chew on for the time being.  As much as Faith wished that she could play with Angie, with the deepest love she had ever felt in her life, she had responsibilities today.

Later today.

Faith closed her eyes as she put her feet back on the table, taking a long sip of her Coke and enjoying the peace of the afternoon.  A rare thing.  Lila's nap would be done soon.

The scream of the highway didn't seem all that different from the scream of the "singer" after an hour and a half.  Kinsley seemed to have an endless supply of music that all sounded impossibly similar:  someone hitting the drums as hard as possible, growling guitars, and vocals that couldn't be classified as singing, shouting of blood and death into the microphone.

An hour and a half traveled at highway speed.  She couldn't seem to focus her thoughts.  The questions about who Jo might be, what was going on, what the plan was... they all faded beneath the crashing cymbals and the sear of too-bright daylight.

Bree felt exceedingly anxious.

Not just from the music, not from the driving - despite the fury of the stereo, Kinsley was a very safe and calm driver - but from the world itself.  The sunlight, the trees, the drivers and passengers in other cars.  She felt exposed.  The smiling, happy sun stared at her from the front of her dress and she wanted more than anything to be back in the safety of the Dollhouse.

Until she caught herself with the thought.

The world had an unreal quality to it, the music, the colors, the omnipresent sound of rubber on the road, the hum and the irregular bumps of the South Carolina highway.  She looked over at Kinsley, across the small space of the Honda, which seemed infinitely wide now.  A hand went to her chest as she realized how hard it felt to breathe.

Anything could happen out here.

Visions of car accidents and robberies.  Cops coming and taking her, violating her body.  The car breaking down here in the middle of nowhere between Columbia and Fayetteville.  A truck jumping the median and coming straight for them.  One of the millions of trees falling across the highway.  A bird crashing into the windshield.

Bree didn't realize she was crying until Kinsley wiped the tear from her cheek.

The music was gone.  The car was slowed.

"It's okay, pretty pet."  Bree sank down in her seat, leaning toward Kinsley, her head spinning, aching as fingers swept her hair ever-so-gently.  "Take a nap, just rest, okay?"

"Yes.  And two spicy potato soft tacos.  Yes, and a water please."

Bree's neck hurt as she sat up slowly.  She didn't get far before Kinsley reached over and unbuckled her, pulling her close, resting Bree's head against her shoulder.

"Where are we?"

"Shhh.  Shhh, pretty pet.  Yours is not to worry.  How do you feel?"

Bree blinked, looking at the old brick of the Taco Bell before turning her attention inward.  Her head hurt, her chest hurt, and she felt a little sick.  She said as much to Kinsley, adding, "I don't know what happened, that's never happened to me before.  What happened?  Where- "

Protests ended with a pacifier slipped between her lips.  "Shh.  No questions, okay?  I'll take care of you.  Everything will be okay.  Just close your eyes, relax, and breathe."  The last thing Bree saw before obeying was Kinsley doing something on her phone... the soft music began playing, that chiming music box melody.  "Just breathe, pretty pet.  Who's a good girl?  You're a good girl.  You're safe."

It worked.  Bree felt the tightness in her chest going, felt her breathing become easy through the magic of Kinsley's fingers.

"Here you go ma'- uh... "

Panic flooded her as Bree realized what was giving the worker pause.  The dress.  The pacifier.  Her tattoos.  The diaper bag.  Shame threatened to drown her as she tried to pull away from Kinsley, who held her fast in place.  "Thanks.  I hope you have a good day, sugar."

The car was pulling away without Bree ever laying eyes on the worker, without being able to see their face.

"Oh god."  The pacifier fell from her lips as she sat up, Kinsley parking the car.  "They saw me... they saw the pacifier, the dress."

"So?"  Bree looked down at the warm, wrapped burrito thrust into her hands.  "Who cares.  We're nowhere near home, you're never going to see that person again, and your paci helped you calm down.  Didn't it?"  Sabrina stared at her hands, at the food, as she processed Kinsley's words.  She did feel more relaxed.  She felt comforted.  "Eat.  Drink some water.  Go slowly.  Yours is not to worry, pretty pet.  I'll take care of you.  I'll comfort you.  I'll keep you safe."

Wordlessly, Bree nodded, following instructions.  They ate in silence, Bree relaxing as Kinsley stroked her hair after they were done.  All too quickly they were on the road again.

To whoever Jo was.

After three outfit changes, Lila was ready.  She had settled on a black-and-grey skirtall with a pale blue puffed-sleeve top.

Faith half-jokingly had to make sure she didn't have a diaper on underneath.

"How do I look?"  Lila stood with her arms out, palms straight up as she turned slowly, showing off her outfit and the knee-high, mismatched striped socks.  The final piece was a blue bow pinning a lock of hair back.  "I like it."

"You're very, very cute, Lilabean.  Is this what Mallory is into?"  Faith brushed at a wrinkle in Lila's skirt before helping get her shoes on and tied.

Lila blinked, looking at Faith strangely.  Faith knew that look.  "Why does that matter?"

"It doesn't, sugar."  Battle avoided.  It just wasn't worth it.  "Do you know what movie you're going to see?"

"Frozen!  The new one!"  Faith had to dodge a suddenly kicking foot as she worked to get Lila's other shoe done.  "I can't waaiiiiiit!"

Frozen.  The first one was Lila's favorite, she knew every inflection of every syllable.  They had watched it together countless times.  "Sugar, did you pick the movie, or did she?"  It had been a while since Lila had a girlfriend, Faith wasn't convinced she remembered how dating was supposed to work.

"I did, of course.  I asked her out, so we're doing what I want."

Nope.  But anyone who didn't understand Lila's passion, didn't understand the brilliance in the way she looked at the world... well, they didn't deserve to have Lila in their lives.  Lila stood, smiling to herself in the mirror before giving a twirl and picking up a stuffed hedgehog for a big hug.  Faith's heart swelled and she hugged the woman she saw as a sister tightly, taking a deep breath before letting go.

"So."  Faith grabbed her phone and her clutch before heading toward the side door, Lila headed to the front door.

"Why did they take the good car!?"  The force of the door shutting matched Lila's mood.  Abrupt.

"Because they had to go help Jo in Raleigh, hun."  Faith smiled gently, guiding Lila toward the side door, toward the back garage, toward the old car.  "Don't worry, we'll get you to your date on time.  You're going to see the movie and then go back to her place, right?  You have your phone?"

"Uh huh!"  Lila held up her phone, showing off the We Bare Bears on the case.  "I'll call you when we're done with the sexing, and then you and me can play games!"

A pang of fear blossomed in Faith's heart.  She couldn't stop Lila, but she was afraid that her friend would get hurt.  Not everyone understood Lila, not everyone could handle her perspective, her energy, her joy.  But she knew that Lila had an uncanny knack for finding those who could.  A bittersweet smile crossed her lips as Faith allowed herself to remember the circumstances of her own first visit to the Dollhouse.

How Lila had saved her life.

Anyone who wasn't willing to give Lila a chance, to see how amazing and special the girl was...

"Ugh, I hate the old car.  You're buying me candy after my date, right?"

"Of course, Lilabug."  Faith climbed behind the wheel, firing up the angry engine.  "Anything you want."

• Like 6

I’m loving how Kinsley is being so nice to Bree now, she’s showing her how things are when she listens.

It’s nice to hear more about Faith’s story and relationship with Angie, wonder how Lila saved her

On 4/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, Chris Robin said:

Long time (multi year) lurker, first time poster, I’ve been following since the beginning. These last comments sparked an idea in me that I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned yet and I thought I would add to the discussion.

I wonder if the whole point of the fight your own battles system that Kinsley encourages is to help the Dolls move on from their rough patch and do better after they leave. We know there are two Dolls who have left, Emmie and Jo and Kinsley says “we’ve helped a lot of people over the years” in chapter two. I wonder how many Dolls have passed through over the years. Maybe the whole point of the Doll House is a kind of messed up therapy for the marginalised community of the area?

Perhaps that’s what happened to Lila, maybe she was Kinsley’s first “project” but didn’t progress to the stage of being independent?

Anyway, all I know for certain is that I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I love it when I draw lurkers out!  Thank you SO MUCH for joining the discussion!!

I love your analysis and your hypotheses!  I hope you continue to provide your insight!  I aim to plan the emotional journey of the story, and hearing peoples' theories-in-progress is supremely fulfilling for me.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner!  Thank you very very much for commenting!

On 4/10/2020 at 12:42 PM, chansu ragedashi said:

So a few things now that I've caught up on the newest awesome story that Kimmy posted!

First, I dont know how I didnt catch the huge themes of objectification that run through so many of your stories! I read the post explaining your attraction to objectification and it clicked into view in so many stories (which is shocking I've been reading your stories so long and still missed your comments explaining this before now, because I know I've seen the posts about degradation and humiliation)

Second, I love the idea of someone being demoted to 'dolly'! How have I seen no one at CAPCon with that ball-joint doll makeup? I'm sure lots of people in the nursery would love to play with such a dolly!

Every one of your tales is a roller coaster ride to read!

I cant wait to see where this all goes next!

:D

Objectification/dehumanization is definitely my jam.  It's also thing I've learned more about myself as I've explored ME.  When I wrote Making the Best of It, even I didn't know that dehumanization was the core underneath the fetish.  I've learned a lot about myself in writing these stories, and allowing myself to be Little and connecting to others that way.

I don't think I've seen anyone as a dolly at CAP either!

You mentioned that you haven't been online and haven't been reading, I'm glad you found this one!

On 4/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, Sophie ♥ said:

YES PLEASE!!! :o 

...guess I'm going to be a dolly for a while at the next CAP.

2 hours ago, Sarahbedwetter said:

I’m loving how Kinsley is being so nice to Bree now, she’s showing her how things are when she listens.

It’s nice to hear more about Faith’s story and relationship with Angie, wonder how Lila saved her

:D

Writing the Faith perspective was a lot of fun.  I wanted to still cover Lila's date (but not from Lila's perspective), and Faith was the perfect conduit.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

• Like 2

Chapter Twenty-Six

The journey after leaving Fayetteville was much smoother - Kinsley had switched to mostly instrumental music, guitars and synthesizers.  They had pulled over a couple of times for a cuddle break on that second half of the drive.  Kinsley would pull into a rest stop and unbuckle Bree, scooting the seat back and just holding her.  She was thankful for those moments, the closeness that kept the panic away.  Kinsley seemed to have an uncanny sense for when it was starting to bother her, offering comfort almost before Bree realized she was uncomfortable herself.

Bree didn't bother to ask Kinsley if she could use the bathroom.  After the first rest stop, she felt the need... and she let go.  The diaper grew warm and Bree found herself idly touching the plastic backing from time to time.  In a strange way, it provided an unexpected comfort all its own.  She knew that Kinsley would take care of her, that Kinsley would change her.  She also knew that Kinsley would be cross with her for asking.

This is normal for you now.

Bree had never been to Raleigh, but she hated how crowded it felt.  The roads felt denser, the buildings more imposing, even the trees felt too tall.  She wanted more than anything to be in Kinsley's lap.  But now that they were in Raleigh proper, those breaks just to cuddle were much less likely.  The warmth in her diaper was fading, leaving it simply soggy.  She tried not to look at the world around her, following Kinsley's suggestions just relaxing, resting her eyes, listening to the music.

She didn't open her eyes again until the car stopped.

The towering, multi-storied brick buildings seemed to hunch over the streets, a dozen window-eyes glaring at her.  Everything around was unknown, and felt dangerous.  This wasn't safe, and Bree wanted to get out of there, to get back to the familiar.  The neighborhood looked like the kind of place where you couldn't trust the cops or the locals - both were dangerous to queer folk unless they adopted you as the "neighborhood oddball".  A soft whimper rose in her throat as the music ended, as Kinsley began climbing out of the car.  She felt incredibly vulnerable in her barely concealed diaper, in a short dress that looked like it belonged on a toddler.

"Climb in the back."  Kinsley's tone was clear, this wasn't a request.  Bree scrambled, wondering if there was some danger she hadn't seen.

A yelp escaped her as the passenger door opened before she had gotten settled.  She sat her butt down quickly with a crinkle and a squish, smoothing her skirt out and looking around.

At the woman with long, dirty brown hair who climbed into the passenger seat.  Her black t-shirt was paint-stained, proclaiming "My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."  The back door beside her opened shortly after, Kinsley hefting a duffel bag at Bree - who could only blink as she caught it.

"Thank you so much, Kins."  Her accent was bizarre, high pitched and lilting.  Bree expected her to end her sentence with Dontcha Know.

"Of course, sugar.  You're a Doll, and that means you're family."

"Well it really means a lot to me.  I mean, really.  I had no idea that David was going to flip on me like that... "  The woman, Jo, slumped in her seat, putting a hand over her face.  "Maybe I'm not cut out to live in the 'real world', Kins.  It keeps falling apart... "

"Josephine Elizabeth."  Bree sat straight up at the tone.  She knew that tone.  But Kinsley wasn't even talking to her.  The blonde reached over and buckled Jo's seatbelt, a stern look on her face.  "Now you're just insulting me.  You think I was wrong about you?  That you can't make it?"

Bree couldn't help but notice that Jo had started sitting a little straighter as well.  "No Kinsley... "

That tone.  That chastised, sullen tone.  Bree had heard it from Faith, from Lila, from her own lips.  She watched as Kinsley leaned over, planting a soft kiss to Jo's forehead.

"Let's go home.  You can stay with us while you get back on your feet again.  I know you're ready for the world, my dear - but you're forgetting one of the lessons you learned."

Bree blinked, as visions of herself being moved to the cage permanently spiderwebbed across her brain.  Of Jo getting her room, of the last vestiges of her being human in the Dollhouse vanishing.  She whimpered unconsciously, wanting nothing more than to be held in that moment.

Jo sounded unsure.  "Perfect is the enemy of good?"  She sat up as the car pulled back onto the road.

"Life is harder at the bottom."  There was an edge to the words, a tightness that Bree didn't recognize.  A piece of Kinsley she had yet to see.  "At the bottom you have nothing, so what can you use to climb up?  It's a lot easier to reach the top if you started in the middle.  And the middle feels just as impossible to the bottom as the peak does to the middle."  Sabrina didn't miss the backwards glance that Kinsley shot her as they pulled into a gas station.  "Peanut butter Snickers?"

"You remembered!"  Jo laughed, a surprisingly musical sound, the clear tinkling of chimes in the wind.  "Yes please!"

When Kinsley left the car, so did the remaining shreds of Bree's comfort.

"Sorry, I didn't introduce myself yet.  I'm having a bit of a bad day, I hope you'll forgive me."  Jo turned, facing Bree through the gap between the front seats.  "I'm Jo.  What's your name?"

"I'm Bree... "  Sabrina looked down, not understanding why she felt scared of this new person.  She seemed nice enough, her smile seemed kind... but looks could be deceiving.  "Um, hi.  I'm sorry that you're having a bad day."

Bree nearly jumped out of her skin at the gentle hand that rested on her knee.  Jo's nails were ragged, chipped, her fingertips calloused.

"You're going to be okay.  Everything is going to be okay.  I'm scared too, but ultimately - I trust Kinsley."

Frozen, Bree sat there, unsure of what to do.  Outside, Kinsley pumped gas before heading into the station.  Jo never let go, never pressed, just rested her hand gently on Bree's leg, waiting.  With effort, Bree made eye contact with Jo, looking into those guileless green eyes.  She was being completely sincere.  She was laying her cards on the table and showing her entire hand.  Bree felt the fear that twisted her chest into knots relax, felt her anxiety slip away just a small amount.

"How long were you with the Dolls?  How long ago did you leave?"

A sad smile showed itself on Jo's face.  Calloused fingers gave the slightest squeeze to Bree's leg.  "We'll talk about that all later.  It's not my place right now.  Just... it's gonna be okay.  Okay?"

"Okay... "

"What's okay?" Kinsley asked, slipping back into the driver's seat.  She tossed something at Jo, then at Bree, who fumbled it and had to recover the object from the floor.

A package of...

"Jerky?"  She cocked her head to one side, confused.

Kinsley smiled knowingly, firing up the engine and pulling back onto the road.

"It's a great treat for pets."  Jo said with a small laugh, shaking her head as she tore open the candy bar.

Sabrina's cheeks burned red as the old car rumbled down the road.

The entire way to the theater, Lila insisted on having the music from the first Frozen on repeat.  Some people found Lila's idiosyncrasies annoying, for Faith it was all just part of the girl's charm.  Lila loved with her whole heart, and that love made the whole world seem brighter.  Life hadn't always been kind, but the light that Lila shared made it all easier to bear.

She couldn't wipe the smile from her face as she pulled into the parking spot outside the theater, when it disappeared all at once.

Lila was going on a date.  All alone.  This wasn't the first time, far from it, but it had been a while.  She pushed down her nervousness, not wanting Lila to sense it.  Faith turned the radio down slowly.

"We're here, hun."  She smiled over at her bouncy passenger, a strange mix of hopefulness and fear in her heart.  Could Lila find someone as wonderful as Angela?

Not possible, Faith mused.  No way two women that perfect exist in the world.

But she could hope that this Mallory could see what an incredible gift Lila was, her capacity for love.  Leaning over, she gave Lila a kiss on the cheek.

"Have a good date.  Text me when you want me to pick you up and I'm there."

"Oh I know."  Lila's smile was matter-of-fact, like the concept of Faith doing anything to let her down was completely alien, akin to Faith suggesting that she continue breathing oxygen - just in case.  "And how could the date be bad?  I'm cute, she's beautiful and looks very cuddly, and it's Frozen!  Tonight is going to be amazing."

And just like that, Lila was gone, off on her adventure.  Out of Faith's range to protect her from a world that wasn't always ready for her peculiar color of light.  Lila was ultraviolet, off the visible spectrum, and only a few people could seem to really understand how beautiful she was inside.

With a wry smirk, her thoughts turned to Bree, wondering if she was ever that stubborn herself, wondering how long it would take the girl to open her eyes.

She reached over into the console, swiping her phone to life.

Faith:  How is your commission going?

Slowly, Faith put the car into reverse - Ange was busy, it might take her a while to respond - she drove the car away from the theater... to the other end of the parking log, out of sight.  Best case, she just wasted time watching dumb videos and texting with the most perfect woman in the world.  Worst case, she got an early text from Lila because this Mallory just wasn't ready.

But she hoped for dumb videos and texting.

My Perfect Girl:  One done, one to go.  This one is going to be very challenging!  It's a lolita commission, lots of pleated trim and some fun interfacing!
My Perfect Girl:  But I'm more curious
My Perfect Girl:  On whether the driver's seat of the car needs cleaned

Instant butterflies.  Faith had no resistance to give this time, no hope of keeping the upper hand.  She instantly felt about three feet tall, like she didn't belong in that driver's seat at all.

Faith:  It's clean!

My Perfect Girl:  So you only wet it?  Send me a picture of your diaper right now.

The world was spinning, and Faith was caught in the whirlwind.  She could feel the heat in her cheeks.

Faith:  I didn't wear one  X_X
Faith:  I'm big!

My Perfect Girl:  Oh I know you're such a big girl, sweetie
My Perfect Girl:  And I'm proud of you for always trying
My Perfect Girl:  But I think we should play it safe
My Perfect Girl:  And keep you diapered
My Perfect Girl:  All the time

Faith had fumbled to type a reply twice already, but Mommy's messages kept coming.  Every new line, every new tease, drove her further and further into that blushy place.  The place where Mommy had absolute control.

Faith:  Mommmyyyyyyyyyyyyy

My Perfect Girl:  Should we put you in the cute pony diapers or the pink princess ones?

Mommy could see right through her.  Like she had no defenses.  Like she had the keys to every lock in Faith's brain.  Faith texted back in a frenzy.

Faith: No the pony ones r 2 thick!!!!!!!!!

My Perfect Girl:  Maybe I'll put you in both of them then and just keep you double diapered for a weekend
My Perfect Girl:  Maybe I'll decide you're too little to talk
My Perfect Girl:  And all you'll be allowed to do
My Perfect Girl:  Is make those cute little squeaks and whimpers that you do

Love had many ways and many faces, and as Faith swam in Angie's affection, a part of her mind silently thanked Lila and Kinsley for the gifts they had given her.

• Like 11
8 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

O_O 

Such an interesting chapter... Lila is on a date AND we have a new girl!  Lots of balls in the air.

Hey.  MAYBE DON'T TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE NEW CHAPTERS YOU BRAT.

Yikes!  Sophie’s dominatrix side.  I mean yeah, baby kimmy (why does autocorrect make it jimmy?) does get spoiled if you let your guard down.  

1 hour ago, bbykimmy said:

"Life is harder at the bottom."  There was an edge to the words, a tightness that Bree didn't recognize.  A piece of Kinsley she had yet to see.  "At the bottom you have nothing, so what can you use to climb up?  It's a lot easier to reach the top if you started in the middle.  And the middle feels just as impossible to the bottom as the peak does to the middle."

This is just great. Makes me like Kinsley a whole lot more.

35 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

O_O 

Such an interesting chapter... Lila is on a date AND we have a new girl!  Lots of balls in the air.

Hey.  MAYBE DON'T TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE NEW CHAPTERS YOU BRAT.

It was only a week between chapters this time!!  I thought that was a good goal ?

31 minutes ago, Sparkle Dust said:

Yikes!  Sophie’s dominatrix side.  I mean yeah, baby kimmy (why does autocorrect make it jimmy?) does get spoiled if you let your guard down.  

She has one, I've seen it.

It's... beautiful in its intensity.

29 minutes ago, herezulo said:

This is just great. Makes me like Kinsley a whole lot more.

❤️

It wouldn't be a Kimmy story without a hard-hitting emotional lesson grounded in reality.