LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New and Socially Anxious. Plz help.

tinytimmy

Hi, I'm new to the whole internet scene regarding ab/dl forums. I've had immense trouble expressing my interests to anybody. My interest as an abdl came at a young age, and is the result of physical and emotional trauma. I basically kinda use it as a form of escape from emotional distress and social anxiety. One of the only people i've ever told about this was my parent, (prob the last person i should have ever told as it has only made life more difficult.) I have had trouble finding a way in my mind to explain this to a therapist or a counselor and i fear it would'nt help my case.. I suffer from severe depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and ptsd. as embarrasing as it is to admit, i fell victim to abdlmatch in the past year under the guise that it seemed like a legitimate dating service, which i did NOT spend $ on as i realized what was up very quickly... I would be glad to talk much more about what i have delt with and what has brought me here if anybody is interested enough to reply. 

Hey there, I am new too and whilst I can't begin to understand your world I can offer a listening ear if you need it. In the meantime, I would suggest eventually talking to a counsellor because it sounds like you have some deep rooted things going on and they are mostly nice from my experience but also spend time reading through posts and threads on here. It has occupied most of my time the last couple of days and most of it makes for good reading xx

8 hours ago, tinytimmy said:

I have had trouble finding a way in my mind to explain this to a therapist or a counselor and i fear it would'nt help my case.. I suffer from severe depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and ptsd.

Therapists are trained to deal with this kind of thing. Granted, ABDL isn’t on everyone’s radar, but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you can look for someone who’s AASECT certified, and/or a member of the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom. Any professional within those organizations will have 0 problems with ABDL. Second, just explain to your therapist how you feel and let the professional figure out what to do with that information. It’s becoming more common for therapists to include people’s kinks as part of their treatment because their a very powerful tool for stress relief and relaxation that can be harnessed into productivity.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you’d like to discuss.

Little Tomás

• Like 1

Hi, @tinytimmy; I also use these interests to deal with anxiety, and as a form of escapism. I would echo what other people have already said, in that, if there is something you feel you can't discuss with your councilor, you are probably going to the wrong councilor, because if they don't have the whole picture, they can't completely help you. It would be like going to your doctor because your elbow hurts, but refusing to tell her that you play tennis. 

The other things I would say is that this is harmless and isn't hurting anyone, which is more than one can say about a lot of proclivities and pass-times, so, don't let your interest in this add to your anxiety. You are who you are, and these things come from deep-seated places that, in my experience, often form before we are anywhere near adulthood, so, how could you be responsible for that? 

If you want to talk, I am here, as are many of us. Take care. 

Thank you very much for the support, it means a ton that there are people who could atleast point me in the right direction. I feel a bit better now learning how i should approach this with qualified professionals. I've had trouble with this for nearly a decade and i think that reaching out to this community may have been the first baby step into learning to live with this in a healthy manner. 

Hi and welcome to DD Tinytimmy. Don’t sweat any attraction you may have to diapers. That in and of itself is no thing. As you can see, there much dedicated to it, by many, many people. You are not alone, and remember, you can come here to lighten the load. Lots of people come to an understanding, to just have fun with their diapers. Even people, who have to wear diaper protection for incontent reasons. It might be best, to also seek some professional help, as others have already advised too. Not just because of the diaper thing, but if you are really troubled by, any and all issues you encounter, or have. Everyone has something, and it’s best to get by with a little help. So, now you can come here, you got a place to chill with a good thick diaper, and people who know somewhat of where you’re coming from. Relax, have fun, and enjoy!