LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A stormy night and a mystery

We had our first big storm of the winter last night. By around 7 in the evening I reluctantly changed out of a very wet nappy into pullups, not wanting to waste a partially used nappy at bedtime. Strangely for me these days the pullup was barely damp by 10.30, so I decided to risk it with a booster and a pair of trainer pants over the top.

I woke at midnight to the sound of a roaring gale and a bladder that felt it was about to burst. Rather than risk a tsunami in bed, I made my way to the bathroom, leaking all the way - all 10 steps. To my surprise I peed about a cupful, leaving me wondering why my bladder had felt so full.

Because the booster and pullup did not seem that wet, I headed back to bed only to find a damp patch where I had been lying. A quick check showed my pyjama shorts were still bone dry, as were my trainers, apart from evidence of a very small leak around one of the legs.

Somehow I had wet without realising it and leaked while keeping my shorts and trainers almost completely dry. Weird.

So the experiment with pullups in bed will not be repeated, and I seem to have crossed another rubicon. 

I have been 24/7 for just over 12 months now, and apart from two uncertain episodes months ago, this was my first unconscious bedwetting.

After months of seeming to be on a plateau, there are now a few signs of growing dependence. Two weeks ago I had another first when I wet myself at the dinner table.

The experiment continues.

I'm in my 9th month of continuous 24/7 and have been 24/7 for nearly 11 months this year.

Although I'd tell you I was on that plateau, there have been isolated episodes of waking up in inexplicably-wet night nappies.  Although I'd still tell you I was on that plateau, observation tells me that those episodes are becoming more common.

In stark contrast to anecdotal evidence, it seems likely I will become a bedwetter before I become incontinent.

I haven't experienced any substantive daytime incontinence but things are certainly "different" down there now.  There has been the odd few occasions when I've thought I might be dripping in my day nappy unintentionally but I can rationalise that through gravity and residual pee in urethra from prior episodes.

Until, like the night time incidents, I look back in retrospect one Tuesday and realise that there are too many to have been co-incidence.

Some claim wearing/using a diaper every night will not lead to sleep wetting.  My experience is otherwise.  In a bit over four years of nightly wearing I've reached the point of regularly waking wet with absolutely no memory of the incident(s).  Still wonder, would sleep wetting continue if I didn’t drink a glass of water and diaper up before going to bed.  Be easy to find out, but I fear the answer either way.

16 hours ago, Dubious said:

I have woken up to a wet diaper, but I most likely forgot I woke up to pee

For me it may well be that.  I guess the outcome is the same.  I will wake up wet with no recollection when or how.  The frequency of this occurring is accelerating rapidly now: more than once per week.

This morning I woke up wet (that's normal).  I couldn't specifically remember wetting (increasingly common) but when I went to change myself, I found that not only my disposable, but the right hand side of the terry towel liner of my trainer waterproof pants was also soaked around my right hip.  It looked to me like I'd peed laying on my side.  I wouldn't deliberately do that in a disposable.  In a cloth I wouldn't care.

No more sleep wetting to report, but yesterday at work I had to retrieve some files from a low shelf. I went down on one knee and felt a sudden gush of warm pee which trickled down my right leg (the leg on which I was kneeling). There was no visible wetness on the inside of my jeans, but when I stood up, there was a big wet patch on my knee. Memo to self: go down on both knees in future.