LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Some folks still do it the old fashioned way

I was on a plane flight the other day.  There was a couple in the row opposite of mine with a very active baby.

At one point, the mother notices an odor, does the "pull the back of the pants away and look", wrinkles nose and knows it's time for a change.

The husband fusses in bag as she's standing up with baby.   She turned away from me towards him and accepted what I thought would be clean disposable diaper.  Low and behold, when she turned to move to the lavatories at the back of the plane, she was holding a nicely quilted cloth diaper...and a milky white pair of plastic pants.  She said something in a foreign language to the man and went to the back.

In a few minutes she returned with smiling baby and what looked like a "wet pouch" which she handed to the husband and he put into their diaper bag.

At that point, the baby only had a shirt on and you could clearly see the very puffy plastic pants and diaper.  The mother gave the baby a bottle and it drifted right off.

Glad to see customs are different for some folks.

Few years ago at a gate waiting for boarding I overheard a woman saying something like the following to a toddler upon their return from a bathroom.  “Pretty soon we’ll be home and you’ll be back in your nice soft cloth diapers.  That will be better.”   I wonder if the kid really preferred cloth or the woman was projecting her preference on the child.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You mean "Do It The Right Way"; yes? You do not see me going anywhere NEAR throw-aways. Why change what worked for 150 years

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 6:02 AM, Autiesaurus said:

I really like the snug, soft feel of cloth diapers, if it weren't for the significant uptick in laundry that I can't reasonably keep up with, I'd use them a lot more often.

This exactly, nothing beats cloth diapers and snug fitting plastic pants. And indeed I have to do much more laundry but is is well worth it, nothing beats the feeling of authenticity.

• 6 months later...

Cloth diapers are the Only way to go if you have the discipline for the extra laundry and time investment.  We also have to be aware of what a Cloth Diaper Is and Is Not! A Definition; so to speak, from my own, very narrow point of view i.e. [mini-rant to follow].
    Cloth Diapers are made of Cotton.
    Cotton fabrics work best for diapers. There are diapers on the market today that call themselves cloth and I agree their chicken wire like fabric is indeed a type of cloth, but you could never call it suitable for a diaper. A person's underwear should be comfortable. Therefore; Underwear is Cotton!
Diapers don't have to cost your left arm and a leg. The real cost is wet proof panties for covering and waterproofing the cotton diaper once it's been PINNED ON (that's a whole other rant).

?