LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well tis the season to go to the mountains again.

Due to training I pack out everything I pack in..... BUT

I was wondering if cloth backed pull-ups are bio degradable?

If I dig a deep enough cat hole could I leave them or are the non breakdown material?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to leave the woods strewn with wet roll ups.

But if I don't have to pack them back down the trail........

Please let me know your thoughts. :fish_h4h:

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

I don't think they are.... but thats no deffinet. shame for you i guess

I can't wait till summer, i love camping, and it'l be my first year where i might be able to take some diapies for the long walks!

Wasn't well enough last year for camping and my girl didn't know about my diapie love before that

have fun

lucy

If I dig a deep enough cat hole could I leave them or are the non breakdown material?

interesting question but if you pack in you have to pack it back out too.

i know we do a lot of trail camping off oroad type trucks over night on trail rides and for many of these you must have diapers or a port a potty with you and pack you the stuff with you.

some camp site do have potta potty from a service which are nice youcan empty you gays there and trash pick ups there

Guest diamondback688

im not sure...i dont really camp where i have to pack everything in and out, i just go camping with the boy scout troop i help out with...the place we go most of the time is a count park that has a huge field where we can pitch our tents, and there is a bathroom facility about a half mile away(no showers)...

the cloth like pull ups still have plastic with it's million yr half life.

we always pack out all the used diapers we pack in.I use an old spare cooler on trail runs or when hiking they do roll up smaller when wet than dry but wiegh more.good for you packing everthing out that is packed in

One thing i have done is peel the absorbent pad off the pant and wrap and pack it out and use the remaining pant part for fire starter material.I use the amg pull ups and they peel easily

The simple answer is no. Your cloth backed pull-ups are not biodegradeable. Besides, only the first 6-8 inches of soil have the micro-organisms necessary to break down human waste and the like.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Hunter 1076 in this day and age it is nice to hear someone is trying to be responsible for the environment regarding your use of Nappies :thumbsup:

Sadly I have never heard of anything "Biodegradeable" in the way of Nappies either adult or baby! maybe there is a market there? :roflmao:

Good luck on your trip and I hope it goes well.

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

oh you can get biodegrable baby nappies

but they are maga expensive

of course my friends who use them for thier lil girl have never really tested how true it is but still they exist but not for big ones!

huggles

lucy

From what I understand the average dispoable diaper is not biodegradable. You could check with a Natural Foods or Oraganic Foods store to see if they stock them but they would be baby sized. You could stuff them in your diaper and change the stuffers when wet. If the stuffers are indeed biodegradable then you could bury them but make sure they are a good distance from streams and water sources.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

Years ago, like 20 years ago there was an adult diaper that was supposed to be compleatly bio-degradable. It was advertized as such and it was their special selling point. Friendly to the environment and there was even a table of some kind that explained how quickly their diaper would break up in a landfill. Unfortunatly, I do not remember the name and I don't think they were advertized or on the market for more than a year or two. I do remember these had no elastic waist or legs, they were thin and pleated in the crotch and only had one tape per side. That, more than anything was probably the reason they aren't around today! Now, if someone like Abena or TENA would make an adult diaper like they currently do but compleatly bio-degradable, then they may sell!

Thank you all for the help.

Alas the word is PACK.

Don't worry folks, they will all be packed out. I'm just lazy sometimes and don't want to carry a 85lbs. pack anymore. As I get older the knees can't take it.

But when it comes to nature, I'm going to do the right thing.

Again, Thank you for the support :fish_h4h:

Out in Nature, yes, Pack them OUT!

As far as bio-degradable goes... There is so much in my life that is made of plastic... If I wanted to decrease my impact on the earth, diapers aren't the most impressive thing to give up. Trash bags, wrappers, storage bags, straws, there's so much plastic. I don't think my diapers have as big an impact as one might fear. I do so much to lessen my impact on the earth, from turning off lights I'm not using, CF and LED lights, a gas sipping 4-banger car, using as little disposable cups, flatware, dishes as possible, recycling every possible thing (Ok, f-ed that up lately. I'm getting back to my routine when I finish moving), and even tunning my PC to use as little power as I can. Diapers are my dirty little indulgence. EXPENSIVE as hell tho.