LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chicco Bedwetting Pants Review

Chicco Cueca Enuresia 

817670367_ChiccoCuecaEnuresia(1).thumb.JPG.1a4187c29983f3e8897e0585b98f9771.JPG

These are massive ‘baby pants’ for children up to 16 years old.  I’ve always loved the idea of ‘official’ baby pants for older kids.  I remember growing up thinking that nappies and plastic pants were only for babies and that I was being naughty /ridiculous wanting/trying to wear them at 14 years old.  Yet, here are plastic pants especially made for children up to 16, you’re meant to be wearing them!  In the UK we had ‘Boots Brumas Extra Extra Large’ (labelled as over 18 months, waist 40 inch), Royal Super Large (labelled as fits up to 36 inch) and Sandra Toddler (labelled as 2 to 5 years) but nothing saying up to 16 years.

They are well-presented as they come in a cardboard box with a nice illustration of a child going to bed wearing them – lucky child!  On the back is a diagram showing the material and design of the pants and there is a text in Italian, Spanish and French about the purpose of the pants.  It's almost a little story as it describes how young children often still wet at night and rather than continue their suffering, we could let them use these pants so they have a dry bed.

The sides of the box have the same text in English and Portuguese.  This particular box has been designed for the Portuguese market as the writing on the front is in Portuguese but they have been made by Artsana / Chicco in Italy.  I have only seen one other variant in pictures, an Italian version.  I’m surprised there is no German writing on the box, maybe the reason is that it is for use in Portugal so just the nearest alternative languages are shown plus Italian because they are made there.

The bottom of the box shows the sizes available.  Although there have been some photos of these pants before online, I have never come across a photo of the bottom of the box before until I saw the details from the seller so I hadn’t realised there were several sizes.

I managed to obtain the largest size, size 10 which states ‘Cintura 80cm, Coxa 90cm.  This is confusing as Coxa translates as ‘thigh’ so I presumed this meant leg hole size but why bigger than the waist.  From examination and measurement, I realise that this is meant to be the measurement around the body at the top of the thighs, in effect a hip measurement.  Either it’s a Portuguese way of measuring, or it was always meant to be ‘hips’ but was just translated wrong from the Italian.

Anyway, when the item arrived (from an eBay seller in Portugal), the box was larger in real life than I expected.  I carefully opened it and pulled out the pants.

Material – the pants felt soft and light as promised on the diagram on the rear of the box.  I wasn’t expecting this as the few pictures of the pants I had seen, had a chunky waistband so I was expecting quite tough material.   It was quite a pleasant surprise to feel the soft material.  It has a slight perfumed aroma.  The outside has tiny raised dots on it so giving it a slight matte roughness.  The inside is quite smooth but still matte rather than slippery.

Shape - they aren’t as tall as the pants on the boy in the picture.  Maybe it's because these are the largest size and they have just been widened rather than lengthened proportionally.  I would prefer taller and more babyish though rather than low-rise brief like pants.  I also noticed that the pants have slightly forward-facing leg-holes so there is a clear front and back side.  Inside there are small pockets to insert the ends of a disposable nappy pad and again these are in different positions with the front one being nearer the waistband so the pad would sit higher at the front

Elastication – the pants have an elastic-in-tunnel system which I like because its familiar from the plastic baby pants of my teenage years eg Boots Brumas, Boots Triplets, Sandra Baby Pants, Sandra Incontinence Pants etc.  Some people say this is a cheaper and less comfortable method than the type where there is flat elastic ribbon attached to the insides of the leg and waist holes or cloth bound edges.  However, its less likely to leak than cloth bound holes.  Both the leg and waist holes seem unusual to me in that the elastic terminates either side of the side seams so isn’t a continuous band.

Seams – these pants have welded seams, this is supposed to be better but I prefer sewn seams myself as I believe they show more effort / craftsmanship and I am used to them on Boots Brumas and many other traditional UK plastic pants.

Size - the pants are correctly sized as per the description on the box, they are about 90 cm wide at the leg holes / hips and the waist stretches to this size also but would sit nicely at 80 cm as described on the box.

Leg holes 19inch / 480mm around

Crotch 7.5in / 190mm

Sides 7in / 180mm

Height (waistband to crotch) 11.5in / 290mm

Wearing – I can just get the pants on, the waist is OK but the leg holes are very tight on me at risk of splitting I think so couldn’t wear properly just try on.  They would fit smaller adults easily though, again amazing for something sold on the Chicco baby products brand.

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (3).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (4).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (6).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (7).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (10).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (11).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (12).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia (13).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia2 (2).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia2 (3).JPG

Chicco Cueca Enuresia2 (4).JPG

Back in the 40's/early 50's the full-cut panties were snug-fitting, over triple diapers, which was not that uncommon for night wear, the object being to be as dry as possible after a nigh, preferable, at most, just very damp rather than wet. I just use one or two sizes up, depending on the "range of fit" of the panties. My waist is a medium at 36".  but I can go into the 2 or 3XL Gary and the same for Babykins. They have a longer side seam, which lets them blouse out more and a wider crotch while still fitting well. With the high-waist A.C. medical (and probably Rearz) I used the large. Also, this left the elastics less stretched so they last longer. Here is the result

large.20181013_221203.jpg.d0330710dcd6a1

That the baby panties of that time were as they were is what made the panties of the original, classic babydoll set full cut, and which for a little girl's set could actually cover a  diaper and rubber panties. So you do not have to get something exotic since we have perfectly authentic things in the ordinary ABDL marketplace

4 hours ago, dlnoir said:

That is one very nice looking plastic pant it looks soft and very authentic. Personally I like snug fitting pants and this one seems to have it all. Lucky you.

Hi

the seller still has some of these pants left, he's perfuthink on ebay

1 hour ago, tibsy said:

Hi

the seller still has some of these pants left, he's perfuthink on ebay

Yes I have seen it and I’ve ordered one as well, it simply looks too good to miss out on it. Hopefully it is everything I hope for. If I do not try I will never know and if it turns out to be a disappointment at least I tried.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...