LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetness indicator stripes: How reliable?

DL-Boy

I'm wondering how reliable wetness indicator stripes are on disposable adult diapers.  The reason is that although I've never seen this before, today I was wearing but not using a Walmart Assurance stretch brief with 3" elastic side panels.  When I got ready to go home from work at 6:30 pm after wearing the same unused diaper for 10 hours, I went into the restroom to adjust myself for the ride home (and to better fill the diaper without leaking once I got to my car).  When I got to the restroom I noticed the entire front wetness stripe was dark blue - not a hint of yellow at all.  It was all yellow when I put it on 8:30 am.  I never peed into the diaper during the day, only pulling it down to go in the urinal or toilet.

I can say that the padding didn't really feel wet at all although it was very puffed up due to a day of being fluffed up while sitting and walking.

If the indicators are reliable, does this mean I may actually have peed during the day without even realizing it!?  Amazing, if true.  I've suspected doing so at night while sleeping but I've never imagined that I could unknowingly lose continence for even a moment during a work-day.  I have peed my diaper at work many times but I always am aware that I'm doing it and it's a very urgent feeling that comes over that I can't or don't fight.  In this case I don't recall ever having any urgency, and with each full bladder I made it to the restroom and voided normally without using the diaper (or so I thought).

It’s possible you peed with out noticing as it does happen from time to time especially if you are use to wearing and using a diaper but warpiper is probably on the right track of the indicator changing colour due to sweat form a 10 hour stint of being in the same diaper.

a quick check of the inside of the diaper would tell you if the padding is still white it sweat and if there any signs of yellow that just means you have joined the club of peeing with out noticing. 

Ok, I'm beginning to think that what I'm experiencing is post-void dribbling and it's just enough to cause the stripe to change colors... Each time I pull the diaper down to pee and then pull it back up, I must have a significant dribble, because after only two such trips, during the third trip to the restroom I noticed the top of the stripe was starting to turn blue.

16 hours ago, warpiper said:

Some of them react to moisture. It's likely that the sweat from being in a waterproof cocoon all day changed the color. 

This.  It's a wetness indicator because it reacts with moisture, and that can be from urine or sweat, especially if you wore it for 10 hours.

I have seen the opposite, on Walgreens Certainty diapers. I’ve dumped one or two wettings and after being done I sit in them for around 30 mins. When I go to change It the wetness indicator is yellow, as it if had dried. Im in Tenas now. Will see how the blue holds up after wetting and wearing all night 

I have never paid attention to wetness indicators. As a teen babysitter, in my limited experience I never changed a disposable, only pinned cloth diapers. I have only changed disposables worn by fellow ABDL when they asked, in which case I do not care about the wetness. With my own disposables I can feel the weight of a wet diaper before it is so saturated it will leak.